Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 169 of 175 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

Where do you live? New Hampshire

Explanation of your handle: used to work with feral cats at a animal shelter

Explanation of your avatar: Me and my dog Jada

Age (general or specific): 38

Occupation: I work for a animal hospital as an assistant and cleaning person

Favorite bike: Storck Senario

What's in your stable? Storck Senario, Lemond Tourmalet and a Gary Fisher HKEK

Fastest speed on a road bike? high 40's

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I have pics in my album on my profile page

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: hmmmmmmm........I'm a good girl I don't lie Is that a lie??

Most memorable moment on my bike: My first 50 mile ride

Most fun ever had on a bike? see above ^^

Where do you live? central Texas

Explanation of your handle: Concatination of names

Explanation of your avatar: It's in the mail!

Age (general or specific) 51

Favorite bike: the ones I have :-)

What's in your stable? Inez - a 2011 Specialized Allez Comp (my 2nd bike) and Clementine (Cha-Cha) Peddleford, my first bike - a hand-me-down big box store comfort bike that got me on a bike for the first time in DECADES two years ago.

Fastest speed on a road bike? I was built for comfort, not for speed....

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Soon, I promise

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I can't remember, which means I've either told too many, or I don't lie! (I'll let ya'll pick!) - I'm stealing/keeping this answer!

Most memorable moment on my bike: TBD

Most fun ever had on a bike? That WHEEEEE! feeling that I hadn't had since I was about 8.

Where do you live? Omaha

Explanation of your handle: The princess and becca parts are self explainatory. The misspellings on both are an old joke from high school band. I missspelled it on a sign up sheet and they started calling me by the phoenetic pronunciation of the misspelling, "preen-s-bee-sah".

Explanation of your avatar: Is that my picture thing? It's me on a bike? lol

Age (general or specific) 30.5

Favorite bike: MY bike of course, a Marin uh...something or other.

What's in your stable? Just my Marin right now. I had an electra townie 7d (orange, her name was Ginger and she had fenders and a basket and a bell and was SO CUTE) but had to sell it when I needed money to fix my car

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I've never ridden a road bike, but I think on a hybrid my top speed has been around 16 so far. On a spin bike I've gone 30.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? how do I post a picture? LOL I'm new.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Probably something along the lines of "omg I so DON'T have a crush on ____"

Most memorable moment on my bike: Gosh, probably when I was 18 and at a friend's lake cabin. We got these OLD bikes of her grandparents out of their shed and rode all around the lake. I hadn't been on a bike in at least 6 years, which is a LONG TIME when you're 18. It was just a fun day.

Most fun ever had on a bike? The first ride I took on Ginger (my electra) with my personal trainer. It was the first time I'd ridden in 12 years, and my trainer is just one of my favorite people. I pedaled my little heart out and he just talked my ear off about the gym he was going to open (which he's since opened, and it's doing fabulous, we have a waiting list <3 )

Where do you live? Portland, OR

Explanation of your handle: nickname from my husband when we first dating, also a Steppenwolf cover of an Etta James song.

Explanation of your avatar: I haven't managed to do an avatar yet.

Age (general or specific) 40

Occupation: Elementary school teacher by trade, but a stay-at-home mom for as long as we can afford it

Favorite bike: my Focus, because I ride it the most, but the Shelby for sentimental reasons

What's in your stable? Focus Corrente disc road-ish bike, Specialized Rockhopper FSR mountain bike, Raleigh M20 commuter bike, and 1950's Shelby cruiser that was my mom's when she was a kid. My husband refurbished it for me for a 40th birthday present.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? about 33 mph, on one of my favorite downhills on Helvetia Rd., last week!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Someday I'll get a photo posted...

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "I'll be right back"

Most memorable moment on my bike: Every ride seems to bring a memorable moment, but my biggest accomplishment was finishing the 84-mile day of hills on the People's Coast Classic ride for the Arthritis Foundation last September. My longest ride ever, for a great reason, and just two days before my 40th birthday!

Most fun ever had on a bike? That's a hard one, there's so much fun out there!

I remember being about 7 years old and riding bikes with my brother through the gutters after a big rainstorm. There must have been a foot of water (probably about 6-8 inches, but in my 7 year old mind it was a deep river) and we came home soaked. So fun, but Mom was not pleased.

A more current example would be my Mother's Day morning ride. An hour to myself, recovery ride from the day before so taking it a little easy, really noticing all the animals and plants I am so lucky to see on my rides, and smiling and waving to the TONS of cyclists out there that lovely sunny morning.

Where do you live? Central Wisconsin

Explanation of your handle: Pieces of my names

Explanation of your avatar: maybe I'll get one if someone takes a pic of me on the bike

Age (general or specific) 56

Favorite bike: My new road bike: Trek Madone 4.5 WSD (I don't know enough to covet anything else)

What's in your stable? 2012 Trek Madone 4.5 WSD and 2007 Trek Hybrid 7100

Fastest speed on a road bike? just over 30 mph maybe?

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I have no photos of me with my ride....

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I really try very hard not to lie. Probably something like, "No, I'm not mad....."

Most memorable moment on my bike: I'm such a beginner that right now it's each new longest ride (42.3 miles this week)

Most fun ever had on a bike? For the last 5 years I have occasionally commuted to and from work, on wooded trails, along the rivers... and this has given me such deep peace, and such an appreciating for the natural surroundings here. Love those rides.
    Last edited by suzgilzen; 05-18-2012 at 07:22 PM.
    Suz

2012 Trek Madone 4.5 WSD
    2007 Trek 7100

New here, so hi! :)

Where do you live? Denver, Colorado
    Explanation of your handle: I've used this handle all over the place. It's because I have a black cat, and speak french, so...
    Explanation of your avatar: Uh, that's me.
    Age (general or specific): 36
    Favorite bike: Mine!
    What's in your stable? Cannondale Synapse 5 WSD full carbon
    Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 34, going down St. Vrain Road during the Buff Bicycle Classic in 2011
    Another picture of yourself or your ride? I'll be putting up more, but this is from 2 weeks ago (Cyclofemme)

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I don't lie - I'm terrible at it!
    Most memorable moment on my bike: Climbing out of the Fox Hollow golf course at 8 MPH all the way up the hill. Second ride *ever* on the new bike, and the hill was easy peasy. It's cat 5, so not hard, but at least I did it!
    Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding a 1/2 century with my BFF as my 6th ride of the season - on my old old old Raleigh with faulty gears.
    1984 Raleigh Technium 440 - retired(coffee runs)
    2012 Cannondale Synapse 5 WSD - 365 miles (updated 7.12.2012) - in a holding pattern due to injury.
    My blog: http://bikesbooksblues.wordpress.com/
    Fundraising link for my friend Aimee, after her ped/car accident

Hey-oh!

Where do you live? suburbs of Philadelphia!
    Explanation of your handle: I used to play Playstation in college. There was a game that made "monsters" out of ordinary CDs. One of my funk CDs produced a rabbit "monster" and a handle was born.
    Explanation of your avatar: foursquare addict who loves her bike
    Age (general or specific): mid-thirties
    Occupation: director of scheduling and media planning for a children's cable network
    Favorite bike: My Felt. I didn't know you could love a bike so much.
    What's in your stable? Specialized Crossroads Sport, Felt ZW5. Looking to add a commuter bike soon ... becoming a crazy bicycle lady.
    Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Not sure - somewhere around 35mph? Maybe 40 at some point? I tend to be cautious on hills I don't know.
    Another picture of yourself or your ride? maybe later, gater.
    What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Honestly is the best policy most of the time. Selective truth for everything else.
    Most memorable moment on my bike: Hopefully still to come!
    Most fun ever had on a bike? Every ride is an adventure. Riding with your best friends just makes it easy.

Smile Hi I am Jane. Requesting info on Trek 7.4 FX

I am Jane, and I am looking for a new easier to ride, fairly light weight more upright bike. I have a chronic heart condition and will require a heart transplant one day. This new bike will help me stay well longer, as I am able. I won't be riding it too long or far, but it will be good for me. I have a Madone but find it too difficult for me to ride now. I may get back to it later. I am requesting your opinion. For a light weight, easy to ride more upright and cute bike. I think the Trek 7.4 WSD looks like it might be the one. I liked the 7.3 but the store didn't have the 7.4 in stock. I understand that it is lighter, but how muchnlighter I don't know. I would need a 15 frame. The 7.5 fx looks good by info, not in the store, but it is much more costly. Not sure I need to gomthatnhigh, as I have the Madone for later. I would love your feed back on the 7.4 WSD. I am very excited about this remarkable gift. Thank you all for your help. Jane

Smile

Where do you live? La Crosse, WI

Explanation of your handle: I've had this since I got my yahoo account in 1999 and it stuck. I just liked how it sounded.

Explanation of your avatar: haven't made one..

Age (general or specific) almost 27

Favorite bike: My hybrid Marin.. I just got my road bike and have barely ridden it

What's in your stable? My 2011 Marin Seadrift Hybrid and my 2011 Giant Avail 1 I just bought last week

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Fastest since I got my bike computer is 27.5mph on a downhill in La Crosse.. I bet I've gone over 30mph on my hybrid though coming down a huge (for me) hill in Trempeleau, WI (nowheresville...)

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I usually ride alone- hard to take a pic of me on it this way. Pix of bikes below.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: not sure

Most memorable moment on my bike: going up a hill that felt like it was straight up by zig zagging up the tiny little steep hill.

Most fun ever had on a bike? every time I go down-hill. Especially if it's a ricidulous (to me) up-hill.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marin.JPG 
Views:	224 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	14600   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	avail.JPG 
Views:	237 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	14601  
    2011 Marin Seadrift Step-Thru Hybrid Size 17W
    2011 Giant Avail 1 Size S
    # times fallen since getting clipless pedals: 11 (updated every time i fall)

Madameraz's intro

Where do you live? North Texas

Explanation of your handle: Madame Razz is the witch character in She-Ra, my favorite show when I was a kid. I've been using this handle online and in gaming for years.

Explanation of your avatar: Me at a mud run.

Favorite bike: My shiny new Orbea Orca B105.

What's in your stable? 2012 Orbea Orca B105, 2006 Women's Trek Navigator 200

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 20 mph on my second road bike ride ever. I've gone out on the road bike three times so far, so hopefully that will get a bit faster eventually.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Maybe later.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told? In elementary school, I told people I was born in England. Yeah, sorry about that, friends.

Most memorable moment on my bike: I've been trying different saddles and I didn't tighten one properly. I was five miles from home when I realized it was sliding backwards and I couldn't move it forwards because it was too tight and I hadn't brought a hex wrench with me. Oops. I had to stand all the way home.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding down Trail Ridge Road in Colorado. Maybe someday I'll go up, too.

Hi everyone! I have been a long time lurker, but finall am posting now

Where do you live? DC area

Explanation of your handle: I think many here will recognize the fine words of Mr. Jens Voigt.

Explanation of your avatar: I should put one!

Favorite bike: I just built up a carbon Scott CR1 Contessa frame w/ SRAM Red & Rival components. It's amazing!

What's in your stable? Scott CR1 Contessa, Fuji Cross Pro, GT commuter/single speed, Trek 2100

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Hmm, probably 45mph or so. Don't remember where or when, but I remember looking down at the computer and thinking it was fun!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I will have to upload one..

What is the biggest lie you've ever told? I once told a nice old lady at the bus stop that I twisted my ankle (requiring crutches) in a gnarly mountain biking accident. In reality, I just missed a step at the library :-P She sounded like she wanted a more exciting story than that though

Most memorable moment on my bike: Riding a few days in and around Girona, Spain. Gorgeous!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Any sort of mountain biking with fun descents that I can handle

Hello Everyone!

I usually don't say too much...just here stalking the posts.....

Where do you live? Amish Country, PA

Explanation of your handle: NABE is short for my Native American Name

Explanation of your avatar: Instant thought of my hubby trying to ride my bike

Occupation: Human Resources Professional (The Hire, Fire Girl) (No not really, I hate terming people!)

Favorite bike: I'm a GIANT girl but I may just get a Cannondale or Olmo

What's in your stable? Giant OCR

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? My computer stated 45mph going down a hill after being chased by a rottweiler dog that I didn't have a leash or fence

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Maybe in the future....

What is the biggest lie you've ever told? Momma said never lie....so instead, I just blankly stare at people....

Most memorable moment on my bike: When my dad sent me home because I wiped out wearing clips for the first time. I was 12.....

Most fun ever had on a bike? Doing Tris and Dus.....I'm always saying LEFT

Other than that, I live a real simple life here in PA. Hubby, son, bike(s), we're all just one big happy family. My hubby also rides so it keeps our relationship fun.

Howdy!

Where do you live? Upstate NY

Explanation of your handle: First two of my name

Explanation of your avatar: Picture of my new cycling shoes on the first day I rode clipless on my new Specialized Ruby.

Age (general or specific): Extremely early 50

Favorite bike: Today my Ruby but I'm a fickle mistress

What's in your stable? My new Ruby just sold my 7.5 Trek but lusting after a mountain bike.

Fastest speed on a road bike? 40mph + Some awesome downhills where I live!!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "That old thing? I've had that forever!"

Most memorable moment on my bike: Always magic, beaches, mountains, rainbows.... Oh look! A unicorn!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Biking to an awesome meal at a favorite restaurant.

Where do you live? Yokota AB, Japan

Explanation of your handle: I can be a bit crazy at times and Insanity just seemed to fit.

Explanation of your avatar: Haven't decided on one yet.

Favorite bike: I only have my one and only Pearl (Trek 7.4 FX)

What's in your stable? Trek 7.4 FX - Hubby has a Diamondback but I don't remember the model

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I have no idea. I just installed an app on my iPhone so I can start tracking my speed.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? This was me when I was 36 pregnant.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told? I'm not sure.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Cycling with my dog.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I always enjoy going out with Crixus, my Boxer.

Where do you live? Seattle
    Explanation of your handle: I like to ski
    Age (general or specific): late 40's
    Favorite bike: Jamis Quest
    What's in your stable? Jamis Quest, Cannondale Jekyll
    Fastest speed on a road bike? hmm.. that depends...Uphill or down?
    What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I told someone I didn't care about them
    Most memorable moment on my bike: 1st Century
    Most fun ever had on a bike? 1st time crossing a skinny, teeter totter, and riding drops without being last in line and without falling.