Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 168 of 175 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

Welcome to TE, missjean. Next time you get your gloves all wet, put a pair in your back pocket, where they will warm up and start to dry!
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

long-time lurker and very occasional poster...

Hi! I figured it was time to stop thinking about posting sporadically without introducing myself...

Where do you live? northwestern CT

Explanation of your handle: I rock climb too, and if you look out, the horizon is sideways! Plus there's this song I like.

Explanation of your avatar: N/A

Age (general or specific): 25

Favorite bike: whatever's working for the season! Currently my mtb, since it's equipped to handle the slush and cold temps of New England. I was riding my commuter until it got below 10deg and the headset locked up. :-P

What's in your stable? 2009 Jamis Ventura Race (rd), 2009 Jamis Durango Femme (mtb), 1982 Huffy Kensington (commuter, with baskets and fenders, compliant in all directions), Walmart tandem, shared with my FH

Fastest speed on a road bike? 44mph, going downhill

Another picture of yourself or your ride? maybe later!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "I didn't do it!"

Most memorable moment on my bike: on the tandem, we were going down a hill and my feet got kicked off the pedals, so I yelled "I LOST THE PEDALS!!!" He heard "LET'S GO FASTER!!!"

Most fun ever had on a bike? every time I don't fail in an epic way while trying to ride singletrack.

Where do you live? Missouri

Explanation of your handle: Reference to Lucille Ball

Explanation of your avatar: N/A

Age (general or specific): 41

Favorite bike: Specialized Ariel

What's in your stable? The above and a Giant Cypress on a trainer at the moment.

Fastest speed on a road bike? Never been on a road bike.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Nope.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Biggest is relative.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Going up a very steep gravel hill in 40-degree weather, pouring rain and being so unable to keep enough speed that I flopped over into the gravel and mud. It sucked, but I felt like bona fide cyclist after that.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Probably my very first 10-mile gravel ride in the country. Haven't stopped riding gravel since, and every time I pass by a new gravel road, I look down it to see whether it looks fun.

Where do you live? Toronto

Explanation of your handle: My first road bike was called Cea, which was short for Boudiccea, which is another name for Boudicca, who was an Iceni warrior queen who razed London and St Albans in Roman times. (Too much information)

Explanation of your avatar: I'll get one one day

Age (general or specific): 54 (Eeek. already?)

Favorite bike: Merlin road bike

What's in your stable? The Merlin, that first road bike (Aquila) and a Friday.

Fastest speed on a road bike? I can't quite remember, but it was something scarily close to 50 mph on a glorious straight downhill coming off the Niagara Escarpment. For a microsecond I wondered what my body would look like if I crashed at those speeds. Then I just kept going.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Nope.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Lies? White or otherwise?

Most memorable moment on my bike: The Going to the Sun highway in Glacier National Park, two days after they opened the pass after the winter. It was snowing gently, and I rode between walls of ice that felt like biking into a refrigerator. And I made it. The downhill was probably the coldest ride in my life. I didn't know whether to stop to let my fingers thaw, or keep going because I the lower I got, the warmer the weather.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Death Valley, heading back from some huge mountain pass. Downhill, sun getting low in the sky, amazing colors, easy ride. True serendipity.

Where do you live? Ottawa, Ontario

Explanation of your handle: I'm a Gorbachev fan, glasnost and all that.

Explanation of your avatar: N/A, but it will likely involve cats in the future

Age (general or specific): 30-something

Favorite bike: The one I just brought home.

What's in your stable? 2012 Cannondale Women's Carbon Synapse 5, 2003 Trek 7200

Fastest speed on a road bike? Just got the computer on the Cannondale today, did 23 mph on flat asphalt this evening to test the computer out. Strongly suspect I could go faster: see below.

Fastest speed on a hybrid? 53 mph descent on 700x35C wheels

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Hopefully soon!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "You look beautiful." Wait, that's the second biggest lie I've ever told.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Trying to keep up with a seasoned mountain biker friend on a downhill rainforest trail on an old X-mart bike. Also see hybrid descent described above.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Being able to complete a BMX course on same X-mart bike, 10 years earlier

Oops, that max speed should read 43 mph. The cycling computer said 72 km/h and my math isn't the greatest sometimes. : )

-s i safe to start cycling after a mastectomy

Hello:

I am breast cancer survivor. I have been an athlete since elementary school. I was wondering. If I could start wih a new sport like this one. I am not supposed o use excessively my right arm. Can someone help me with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ednita1977 View Post
    Hello:

I am breast cancer survivor. I have been an athlete since elementary school. I was wondering. If I could start wih a new sport like this one. I am not supposed o use excessively my right arm. Can someone help me with this.
    Welcome to TE Ednita!

Perhaps you may want to post your question in a new thread in the "Open topic" section. There are very experienced women in this forum that might hve good suggestions. What comes to mind is that, perhaps, a recumbent bike might be better to avoid pressure on your arms.

Where do you live? Willamette Valley in the Pacific Northwest

Explanation of your handle: it's never 2 LATE to be who or what you wanna B!

Explanation of your avatar: my Schwinn Varsity, whose birthday is Sept '72

Favorite bike: Sweetpea...a custom one

What's in your stable? the Schwinn

Fastest speed on a road bike? 26mph on one of my recent rides

Another picture of yourself or your ride? gotta have my new biking friend
    snap one soon

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: pass

Most memorable moment on my bike: it yet to be. For now, it's the 34 miles
    I road on Sunday, my longest so far...

Most fun ever had on a bike? It's every time I am out on a bike and I acknowledge that by my own power I am moving, gaining strength, and places. Even through our PNW liquid sunshine, wind, hail, snow, and occasionally sun.

I am so happy to have found this forum, I've learned so very much since January. Thank you for the warm welcome, encouragement, and advice.

I have a brand new blog if you'd like to read more about my adventures in cycling.

Where do you live? The big easy! New Orleans, LA

Explanation of your handle: I like pirates and kittens? haha

Explanation of your avatar: Jurassic Park joke

Favorite bike: too many to name, lately its a bianchi

What's in your stable? Trek 2200 WSD, Giant Yukon

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 26mph on flat road, thats all we have here in NOLA

Another picture of yourself or your ride? ehhh maybe later

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "I'm not lying"

Most memorable moment on my bike: learning how to ride a bike (age 6)

Most fun ever had on a bike? bike tours... nothing like riding along side 1500+ cyclists
    Trek 2200 WSD <3

Welcome new gals!! Glad you decided to join in.

Electra Townie 7D

Talking

Where do you live? Eastern Shore of Maryland

Explanation of your handle: It comes from my video game playing. I'm somewhat of a wild child and I enjoy pinups and burlesque, so it's "LovelyGamer".

Explanation of your avatar: It's my real name made all pretty!

Favorite bike: I don't know enough about bikes yet to pick one but Trek's seem nice.

What's in your stable? I have a hybrid Raleigh that I bought used. I don't know a lot about it. It has seven gears. I put a basket, bell, and bigger saddle on it.

Fastest speed on a road bike? I don't ride for speed. I commute.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Check my photo album, there are pictures of my bike and some I took while out riding. My real picture is in my profile, currently I have purple hair.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: HMM?

Most memorable moment on my bike: I'm going with a ride I did to a friends house last summer, in mega heat. 8 miles each way. I did really well and was entirely new to cycling, maybe one month in?

Most fun ever had on a bike? This hasn't happened yet but I imagine it will this summer!
    2013: Riding a Dolce sport compact for fun and a vintage Jetter with cargo rack for commuting

www.bike-sby.org: A network of concerned cyclists working to make our city more bicycle friendly.

Welcome, lovelygamer! Love your hair (And tell your boyfriend all will be well.)
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

I should have done this a long time ago :-)

Where do you live? East Orlando, FL. Waterford Lakes area. I'm a mom of a 2.5 year old girl, called Amanda Isabelle.

Explanation of your handle: That's my nickname. I couldn't pronounce my name when I was little and used to say it like this: Mayela instead of Mariela. So hence the shortened version of my name, Maye.

Explanation of your avatar: That's my dear Rio de Janeiro, one of my persian cats. I have another one called Umo (Smoked persian).

Occupation: IT Consultant and travel for work to wherever they send me but usually is on the east coast. I work implementing financial accounting software for the government and or health care institutions. I spent the last 3 years of my life working in NY. Loved it. I'm back to Orlando, waiting for my next assignment. And, no, I'm not a federal agent ;-)

Favorite bike: I like my Trek Lexa but would like to buy a Pinarello once I get better in cycling, in the futue. Well, if I can't buy a Ferrari a Pinarello sounds good to me. Or maybe a Madone...Hmm. I'll decide it later.

What's in your stable? I have a Diamondback and also a Giant Yukon MTB's.

Fastest speed on a road bike? Hmm... I don't know

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Yes, I have lots of pics in my TE album.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I don't remember

Most memorable moment on my bike: I used to ride a BMX in the late 80's, barefoot! That was awesome!

Most fun ever had on a bike? So many memories...
    Last edited by Maye; 05-06-2012 at 06:02 PM.
    Mariela
    '12 Trek Lexa SLX

Where do you live? in the Texas panhandle

Explanation of your handle: just a username I have used since college at TTU

Explanation of your avatar:

Age (general or specific): mid-30s

Favorite bike: I love all of my bikes and it is hard to pick a favorite... but it would be a tie between my SuperSix road bike and my Vita hybrid

What's in your stable? Cannondale SuperSix, Specialized Vita Comp, Schwinn Mesa, and DeBernardi Columbus

Fastest speed on a road bike? maybe 20mph?

Another picture of yourself or your ride? don't have any pics on this computer

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I will never ride that stupid mountain bike again! (after a super-slow-speed crash where I became tangled up and the BF had to help me get my bike off my legs)

Most memorable moment on my bike: went on a second date with my boyfriend where we toured the city on our bikes

Most fun ever had on a bike? learning how to bike the trails out at Palo Duro canyon... I am terrible but it is tons of fun
    '90-something Schwinn Mesa GSX