Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 164 of 175 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 2612

To disable ads, please log-in.

Where do you live? Quaker Hill, CT

Explanation of your handle: easy to remember

Explanation of your avatar: n/a
    Age (general or specific) 45

Favorite bike: my Felt

What's in your stable? My Felt Z85 and my 28 years young TB horse

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 28, downhill

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't have any available

Most memorable moment on my bike: Riding this past New Years Day!

Most fun I've ever had on my bike: The first ride on my Felt and feeling the freedom like it used to feel when I rode my horse cross country. I have not been bike riding very long.
    Last edited by Lauralyn; 03-12-2011 at 03:08 PM.

Where do you live? Williston, VT

Explanation of your handle: lack of creativity

Explanation of your avatar: Looking for cool one

Age (general or specific) 19 years of age

Favorite bike: my Bianchi

What's in your stable? the blue color of my Bianchi

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 20km, on our road, everyday..

Another picture of yourself or your ride? shy in front of camera.

Most memorable moment on my bike: when I visited my grandma using my bike in Idaho.

Most fun I've ever had on my bike: everytime I using it

Where do you live? San Francisco, Californi

Explanation of your handle: it's my punk name (combine your real first name with the second half of your band's name - my band is now defunct, but the internet handle has stuck).

Explanation of your avatar: I can't figure out how to post one!

Age (general or specific) 30

Favorite bike: my only bike; a Trek 620 from (I think) 1984.

What's in your stable? Just the Trek!

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I have no idea... yet.

Another picture of yourself or your ride?

Most memorable moment on my bike: Getting my first real, road-capable bike when I was 14. It felt like I'd been given car keys.

Most fun I've ever had on my bike: Most every time I ride.

Where do you live? NE Utah

Explanation of your handle: getting in a groove on a bike feels like moving meditation

Explanation of your avatar: was riding around town taking pics of "landmarks" for a colleague's going away party, and snapped one of the shadow of my front wheel.... thought it was kinda artsy...

Age (general or specific) 52

Favorite bike: my Dolce Comp - but I'm starting to covet a Ruby

What's in your stable? Specialized Dolce Comp, Diamondback Transporter (commuter bike)

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? got into the low 30s when I was young. Nowadays I top out at 25.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? none yet

Most memorable moment on my bike: first week of using clipless pedals, was concentrating on clipping in as I rolled out my driveway, looked up to see a car coming. Executed a hard right and slo mo tip over, like the guy on a trike on Laugh In (only forum members my age will know who that was!). The driver of the car thought it was hilarious!

Most fun I've ever had on my bike: hmmm - maybe the event ride I did in Colorado last fall, because it was the first time I rode with a bunch of other people and the ride was followed by wine tasting.
    Last edited by ZenBiker; 03-27-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Where do you live? Seattle

Explanation of your handle: self-explanatory

Explanation of your avatar: n/a

Age (general or specific) 35

Favorite bike: Novara Carema 2010

What's in your stable? only the Carema

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? working on it

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't have any available

Most memorable moment on my bike: first time climbing a hill without stopping/standing

Most fun I've ever had on my bike: biking overseas to and from work

Where do you live? Hawaii

Explanation of your handle: just liked the way it sounded

Explanation of your avatar: me...on my bike

Age (general or specific) 28

Favorite bike: my Ruby

What's in your stable? Specialized Ruby Elite, Specialized Ariel step-thru

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? working on it

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I'll see if I can attach it

Most memorable moment on my bike: first fall with clipless pedals

Most fun I've ever had on my bike: so far just whenever I get to ride it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-04-08 15.58.24.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	13025  

I have learned so much from this forum / time to introduce myself

Where do you live? Charlotte, NC

Explanation of your handle: It's the handle I use for just about everything. Been using it since the early 1990's when I registered for aol.

Explanation of your avatar: From a sprint tri called "Dash for Diva's" at White Lake, NC. I'm wearing my team "Tri it for Life" tri suit plus a tutu. I only wore the tutu during the run part. Tri it for Life is a local organization for women with the mission of "Inspiring women of all ages, sizes, backgrounds and abilities to develop healthy lifestyles through multi-sport training, mentorship and commitment". Check out our web page at www.triitforlife.com. I'm in my third year with this group - the first year as an overweight ,middle aged+, couch potato, and the last two years as a mentor. I like to mentor the bike rides

Age (general or specific) 57 this month

Occupation: Business Manager (i.e. accounting) for Network Integration Co.

Favorite bike: Current Bike - 2011 Giant Avail Advanced 1 (thanks TE - I picked this bike out of a short list of 3 from reading comments here)

What's in your stable? 2011 Giant Avail Adv 1 and 2008 Giant Cypress Comfort Bike

Fastest speed on a road bike? Yesterday, 37.7 mph riding down what looked to be the steepest downgrade I've ever seen. Kinda Scary actually

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Sorry, I need to do better in the picture posting category.

Most fun ever had on a bike? A bike and barge trip to Belgium and Amsterdam in 2009. Riding a big comfort touring bike (I felt like the Queen of England sitting up on that bike.) Actually every time I ride and can smile at the end is a lot of fun

Where do you live? Canberra, Australia

Explanation of your handle: A character in an anime called Cowboy Bebop -we share a rather glaring physical characteristic (Red Hair) its an old handle that I've had for years, it was the default option

Explanation of your avatar: See above - the image is from an advertisement of the series which shows Ed

Favorite bike: I have NO IDEA... uhm, mine? Rode a couple before buying this one - but was quite budget restricted, and fell in love with the comfort and the colour

What's in your stable? Felt ZW25 and a refurbished 'antique' Repco 10 speed

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? no idea, it all feels fast

Most memorable moment on my bike: This seasons first frost (-1 Celsius morning) which happens to have been last Thursday

Most fun ever had on a bike?: Every day is a new level of fun
    ~Have just become a 3wk old "serious" cyclist, but I am oh so hooked
    And just in case clarification is needed, I mean that I now own a serious bike, and not that I am now a serious person, because really... I'm not
    All frivolity and juvenile happiness here
    Seriously
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	felt.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	13074  

Where do you live? Dover, PA

Explanation of your handle: A long, long time ago that was the suggested email address based on my initials and it has just stuck with me throughout just about every forum I've been a part of!

Explanation of your avatar: My sis and me at her first 5k last Thanksgiving, supporting my niece through the Girls on the Run program. It was a great memory.

Age (general or specific) last year in the 30's but I'm okay with that.

Favorite bike: Specialized anything pretty much. My husband jokes that I should go work at our LBS because they specialize in Specialized, lol and that is always what I'm drawn to!

What's in your stable? Just my bikes??? Okay, Jamis Durango, Trek 7100, Specialized Dolce. We actually moved a few years ago because we no longer had room for bikes. How sad is that? Hubby has 4 or 5 plus our son's bikes.

Fastest speed on a road bike? I don't want to know yet. I'm still a newbie here!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I have some around, but first I'll have to find out which file they're in on the computer. That could take some time!!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I typically don't lie so ?

Most memorable moment on my bike: Yesterday just ENJOYING my first ride on my new road bike. That was unimaginable to me before because I was always so scared when I got out on the road on any of my other bikes. Instead, I felt like I was just gliding along. I loved it!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Last year, dh and I took our bikes to a bike path out in Western MD that's paved for 25 miles or so....we went on a weekday and had the whole path to ourselves mostly. We stopped for lunch, enjoyed the scenery and had a great time.

Getting To Know Me!

Where do you live? Knoxville, TN
    Explanation of your handle: Combo of my last name to say (bikin')
    Explanation of your avatar: I dunno if I even have one of those
    Age (general or specific) 30
    Occupation: Molder of future presidents, doctors, nurses, lawyers, teachers, and any other career.

Favorite bike: I guess the only one I have Giant Avail Advanced 2
    What's in your stable? see above

Fastest speed on a road bike? prob about 38 mph on a nice descent in the Great Smoky Mountains

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010281.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	13208

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'm single?

Most memorable moment on my bike: The first time I got on and tried to ride UP my steep driveway. yeeeah.

Most fun ever had on a bike? any rides me and our Knox Rev Bike Group does.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Giant Avail Advanced 2

Rachel

Where do you live?
    Chicago suburbs, but I go to school in Washington, DC

Explanation of your handle:
    It's my name!

Explanation of your avatar:
    Me sitting in front of the Capitol - I just love this picture!

Age (general or specific):
    19, 20 in January.

Favorite bike:
    Hopefully it will be my road bike after I finally purchase it!

What's in your stable?
    Giant Cypress from 2004ish... however, I am planning on buying a Specialized Dolce.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when?
    I don't know yet!

click for picture - This is a terrible picture of me, but this is the "ride" I usually show off - my harp!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told:
    I don't tell lies much - I suppose I'm more guilty of hyperbole.

Most memorable moment on my bike:
    Just learning how to ride a bike! It required a lot of bruises, but I finally learned in first grade (I've always been a late bloomer!)

Most fun ever had on a bike?
    Riding 20 miles at the age of 13 - I was so proud of myself then!
    Last edited by rachel; 06-02-2011 at 08:31 AM. Reason: added picture

Where do you live? San Francisco CA

Age (general or specific): 25

Occupation: waitress, bike tour guide, artists. Waiting tables pays the bills.

Favorite bike: for style, my 1988 bianchi with orange tires, for riding far into the lush green hilltops, my cannondale Caad 9.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 48mph down boony doon in Santa Cruz.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? dont have that many right now

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: what does this have to do with riding? that I have a sister. I tell that to everyone In my imagination I really do!

Most memorable moment on my bike: Bike touring New Zealand.

Most fun ever had on a bike? riding stoned around the city at night (with lights of course) and bike touring with friends!
    "I say, if your knees aren't grass-stained by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life." - Calvin (of Calvin & Hobbes)

www.whereinOakland.blogspot.com
    www.kristengentilucci.com

My beautiful blue 1991 Bianchi baby with orange tires
    Mr. Dale of Cannon USA caad 9

Real name: Scooby...for real, that's what most folks have called me for over 20yrs

Where do you live? Blackpool, Lancashire, UK

Explanation of your handle: I'm Scooby, I like to play doctors and nurses

Explanation of your avatar: She's my bike

Age (general or specific) 47...jeepers! when did I get so old?

Your favourite bike: My only rideable one

Favorite bike: Roger Haydock built 19.5 tourer - she's called Lady Haydock...do other folks name their bikes?

What's in your stable? Lady H, 1960's Moulton Deluxe and a Moulton mini which are both restoration projects from someone who's 'handy' and that ain't me.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Not a clue

What's the biggest lie you've ever told?: That is was <This> big!

Most memorable moment on my bike:An almighty crash on a Cresswell Rapide prototype recumbent. I still bear the scars of ending upside down in a ditch of thorny brambles.

Most fun I've ever had on my bike: Far too many times to count.
    Last edited by Dr.Doo; 06-10-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Introductions...

Where do you live?: just outside Granada, Spain

Explanation of your handle: The kind of trails I like to ride!

Explanation of your avatar: Don't have one yet

Age (general or specific): I'm a '69 baby

Occupation: Independent Scholar (yes, I left academia voluntarily); Law School Student (And I returned to academia voluntarily); Small-business Owner (to finance all that "volunteering")

Favorite bike: Whichever one I'm riding.

What's in your stable?: Automatic watering hole, horse feed, hay, muck bucket, alas, no horse, 'cause the stupid City Hall has denied the permit... But I AM fighting City Hall ...

In my garage I have: 1998 Trek 950 MTB; 2005 BH-A85K (Carbon Stays) MTB; 2007 BH-650 (Carbon fork and stays) Roadie.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 65 KPH (~40MPH) descending from one of the smaller mountains in my area.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I hate having my picture taken.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Yes, mom, of course I like boys...

Most memorable moment on my bike: Finishing the Ronda 101 km MTB race (in Ronda, Malaga), I still can't believe I made it up the "tajo" in Ronda. After going 99 km through the local sierra, the last 1.5 km are an ascent folks here call "La Cuesta del Cachondeo" (Loosely translated: the "Yagottabekidding me ramp"), in less than 2 km you climb almost 200 meters up what looks like a vertical wall...

Most fun ever had on a bike?: When I was living in Santa Cruz, CA (ca. 1998) a friend lent me her Trek 830. I was wearing, I kid you not, white sneakers, white socks, white shorts, white t-shirt. I rode all over Wilder Ranch, up to Empire Grade, across the UCSC campus and down the other side and back to town. When I came home, I had mud inside my ears and a grin the size of Texas. The next day I bought the 950!
    The clothes I had to soak for a week to get the mud out

Least fun in a ride: Almost three years ago I had a monumental crash on a trail in the Sierra. I cracked the head of the shoulder bone, and they spent two hours picking little stones outta my leg and butt in the ER. This was a month before I opened my business, so rehab was delayed (by me), and it has taken me two years to recover full mobility and strength. In the meantime, 20 Kg. have found their way onto my hips and belly (don't know how). But I am now fully recovered, going to the gym for core and spinning exercises, and the roadie is on the trainer. And I'm doing Ronda next May if it kills me I'll keep y'all posted.

Where do you live? Northeast Houston

Explanation of your handle: zoompastmykids - self explanatory but speaks to the frustration I feel when going out for a family spin and I have to constantly reign it in to keep the kiddos happy

Explanation of your avatar: don't have one

Age (general or specific) 42

Occupation: Chef, Secretary, Personal Assistant, Maid, Handy Man, Psychologist, Nurse, Chauffeur, Personal Banker, Personal Shopper, etc., etc., depends on the moment

Favorite bike: the one I ride

What's in your stable? Chipmunk Granny Special, Specialized Aerial Sport, Specialized Ruby Elite

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 24 going down a small, short incline in one of the neighborhoods here in my cookie cutter community

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Don't have any yet

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Oh I'm sure I can think of another one later but the first that jumped to mind was when I told the 21 year old I was 18. Actually I was 17. He freaked out.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Riding through a rain storm and smelling the honeysuckle on the trail. Or crashing and skidding across the pavement into oncoming traffic.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Maybe all the times I pass the professional cyclist in my town and they give me a respectful nod. Or when my friend said, "I saw you in my neighborhood the other day and said to my husband, "Damn she looks good on her bike."