Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 142 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2612

To disable ads, please log-in.

Where do you live? Menlo Park, CA

Explanation of your handle: My name. I wasn't feeling creative.

Explanation of your avatar: Me at the ocean with my bike when I did an out and back to the beach.

Age (general or specific) 25

Favorite bike: I don't know. I have really only ridden the one I have.

What's in your stable? My Specialized Dolce and Marin mountain bike (for the 10 min commute to school). My BF's Specialized Allez and hybrid commuter.

Fastest speed on a road bike? About 45 mph. It was downhill during a ride around Tahoe. The turns were very sweeping on that road, and I was shocked to look down and see that speed. It was fun but probably not very safe. Generally I prefer to only go up to 30ish on a downhill, but around here the hills are often windy roads.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I'm feeling too lazy to make the picture small enough for this forum right now.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'm not sure. I have a hard time lying. Even stupid little lies. It can be a problem.

Most memorable moment on my bike: The first time I did one of the local climbs. It took me a long time to want to even try, so I stuck to the shorter hills. Then it wasn't so bad after all, but that first time I really, really hated the decent (I used to have trouble switching to my drops=painful braking on that 4 miles down). Now it is my favorite ride.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Biking around Lake Tahoe this summer.

Where do you live? In the buckle of the bible belt.

Explanation of your handle: It had been a bad week on the bike with several close calls with cars. I seriously thought about never riding on the road again which I love like nothing else. I was hit by a car in 1995 and since then I have been gun shy. Actually, I am hypervigilant around cars and very careful in choosing my routes, ect. Back to the handle, I think to ride on the road you have to be a kind of road warrior otherwise none of us would do it after a close call or being hit.

Explanation of your avatar: A picture of my 2005 Scott CR1 Pro.

Age (general or specific) 54

Occupation: I took early retirement last year so I don't have one! I worked for the state social services agency in the area of disabilities for most of my career.

Favorite bike: Don't tell my Scott, but I have really been enjoying riding my Giant the last couple of days.

What's in your stable? My Scott, the early '90's Giant Cadex which I had used on my trainer but have now fixed up to ride around town and on trails, plus a KHS Urban X that I plan to sale.

Fastest speed on a road bike? 42mph, not too smart but it was fun. I love going fast.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I can't remember. Really.

Most fun and memorable moment on my bike: This ones easy. I think it was in 2001 I rode Ride for the Roses in Austin, Tx. I was riding alone when behind me I could hear what sounded like a hoard(?) of bees. I knew it was a group coming up fast so I picked up my speed until I was going the same speed as the group (20+) and gradually moved over until I was riding with them. It was the most thrilling and intense experience I have ever had on a bike. We were so tightly packed in that one bad move and it would have been a disaster but I rode with them, in the middle of the pack. Once I couldn't maintain the pace I gradually moved back out. It really was thrilling.

Hi, ladies, may I join you?

Where do you live? Long Island, New York

Explanation of your handle: I have been using this handle at another site. When I decided to register there, an empty soda can was the first thing I saw next to my laptop.

Explanation of your avatar: it's a preview picture taken when I was riding MS-150 on Long Island this September. The photographer charges an arm and a leg for a decent sized one, so this is all I have.

Age (general or specific): half century

Favorite bike: you mean the one I am riding now?

What's in your stable? Trek Pilot 2.1 WSD 2007

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? Does going down hill count? then 35-36 mph. By my own effort, about 22 mph. On Long Island, of course.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I will find one later.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I can't remember, which means I've either told too many, or I don't lie! (I'll let ya'll pick!)--haha, I copied this one.

Most memorable moment on my bike: My first MS-150 ride in September 2007. At that time, It was 2 weeks short of my 50th birthday. I decide to do something to cerebrate my wonderful, rewarding and exceptional life. I had been inactive and overweight all these years. From Spring 2007, with my kid gone to college, I started working out and riding regularly. I lost 10 pounds from the time I joined gym to finished the MS-150. I was riding a heavy hybrid bike and felt so proud that I finished the entire length without one inch short. I documented the entire process on my blog. It's in Chinese though.

Most fun ever had on a bike? My second MS-150 ride was more like fun than torture. I hooked up with a team of guys and tagged along with them in a pace line.

My next ride: BP MS-150, Houston to Austin, April 2009. Being one of 13000 riders, I managed to register before the registration closed in 7 hours!

Happy riding everyone!
    Last edited by PepsiONE; 10-19-2008 at 03:43 PM.

Welcome Shiming!

I grew up on Long Island: Long Beach. Haven't been back in nearly 11 years! It's really about time!
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Where do you live? North Ogden, Utah

Explanation of your handle: My uncle and some of my friends used to call me maddog, but since I started riding my bike one of my friends always calls me madride so it just a nickname.

Explanation of your avatar: Its a picture I made on the paint program

Age (general or specific): 18

Favorite bike: The Felt I want to buy this spring. Its blue and black. FZ2 I think it is.

What's in your stable? Felt FW40 and Raleigh Mojave 3.5

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 49.3 mph on August 30 2008. I was going down a hill by the horse park and there was a strong tailwind. Its right below a canyon and it is always really windy there before 9 am.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't have any pictures of me or my bike on this computer. I guess I should take some.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I told my parents and my soccer coach that I sprained my ankle so I wouldn't have to go to soccer practice once when I was 12. I wanted to go to Weber high's homecoming parade instead so I jumped down the stairs and pretended to sprain my ankle then I limped around half the day. When I went to the parade I had to limp all the way up my street until I got around the corner out of sight of parents so I could run down the street to the parade.

Most memorable moment on my bike: The first time I climbed up the pass in N. Ogden. It was about 40 degrees and raining and I just started up thinking I would barely be able to make it to the first pullout, but I ended up going the whole four miles up. It was cool because I thought it would be a lot harder than it was.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I went mountain biking with my friend and there was a little stream that ran along the trail. I rode to the side of it and she rode through it so her butt got totally covered in mud. We had to ride back through town to get to her house and she looked hilarious with all the mud on her butt. We were laughing so hard that she had to stop and somehow I had spit while laughing and it was blowing across my cheek while I was riding. It was just really funny.

Getting to know me

Where do you live? Michigan

Explanation of your handle: Name I came up with for a local riding group. Loaned to a team for a time. Now, back to me as my nick.

Explanation of your avatar: See above

Age (general or specific): just passed the middle mark

Occupation: Design/Marketing about to change over and start making more use of my USAC level 2 coaching certification.

Favorite bike: Kent Eriksen CX

What's in your stable? Eriksen 29r, C-Dale ss, Quiring CX

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? CX bike at Iron Cross 47 mph this year. Road bike in AZ a few years ago, 59 mph.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I'll get a pic resized and also track down my avatar.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'll have to think about this one.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Pretty much any time I get in the woods on a bike. Staying pretty much 'in the moment' for the majority of a 100 mile mtb race was pretty remarkable (reflecting back to it). For the road bike: the day I saw a bald eagle.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Some of the crazy mtb rides I've has the pleasure to be a part of.

OK, I just joined up so I thought I would get this done...

Where do you live? Houston, Texas

Explanation of your handle: It's a name I used in a role-playing game way back in college, and it's something that's followed me since then. You find an "Aiacha" on a board, it's probably me!

Explanation of your avatar: Don't have one yet, but I'll give it thought.

Age (general or specific) 35

Favorite bike: I've only been riding since this January, so my favorite would be the one I own, a Specialized Dolce

What's in your stable? Only the one

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I think I hit 22 mph on a stretch with a slight downslope at George Bush Park here in Houston

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Very few pictures of me on my bike, save for the one taken by Brightroom at the Tour De Pink, but how about one in the clothing I'm wearing a lot for these two months...renaissance garb:

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Um, not a big time lier, but the most recent one is "No, mom, I won't let him move in with me."

Most memorable moment on my bike: As I said, I only started in January, so I've not really had any good memorable moments, but the one I remember clearly is my very first ride. It was the day I brought the bike home, Jan 25, when I went out. It was cold and misty and a little windy. I had just put on a sweatshirt and workout pants and hopped on the bike to try it out, I think it was a total of 6 miles. When I got home all I could think was "I've got to get some padded bike shorts!".

Most fun ever had on a bike? Probably my most recent long ride. First, I covered my furthest distance to date, 45 miles, and I also got to ride with a friend of mine who is far above me in skill and endurance. He really kept me going to finish the ride.

Where do you live? Toronto

Explanation of your handle: Hmmmm... I own Trek bikes

Explanation of your avatar: don't have one (yet)

Age (general or specific): middle aged but young at heart

Favorite bike: Trek Madone

What's in your stable? Trek 7000 FX hybrid WSD (2005)
    Trek Pilot 1.2 WSD 2007 (I call her "Baby Blue")

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I have no idea but can go pretty fast :-)

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I love my job.

Most memorable moment on my bike: I was attacked by a crow.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Doing 200 kilometers in the Ride to Conquer Cancer (Toronto to Niagara Falls)
    Last edited by TREKgirl123; 10-29-2008 at 02:33 PM.

Where do you live? Maryland

Explanation of your handle: My real name - I just generally don't like using handles.

Explanation of your avatar: I'll get there one of these days

Age (general or specific) 32

Favorite bike: Currently my road bikes

What's in your stable? 2005 marin verona road bike, scattante xrl carbon ss road bike, litespeed obed mountain bike, TST titanium mountain bike

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I don't usually use a bike computer, but definitely down hill would be the fastest speed!

Another picture of yourself or your ride?
    ti mountain bikes, sort of a work in progress - they're not fully geeked out:

marin:

scattante:

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: What? And get myself caught in it??

Most memorable moment on my bike: Beyond the many hills that it felt like I was killing myself getting up? And the thrill of realizing a few months later that I can get up them in a much larger chain ring?

Most fun ever had on a bike? Just randomly exploring the area I've moved to - I usually just randomly take roads and explore, finding some gorgeous scenery, and some how I always eventually reach a road that'll bring me home. Pics from a recent "random" ride:

Where do you live? Southern California

Explanation of your handle: My darling husband calls me that

Explanation of your avatar: Not sure yet how to upload it? But hope to post a photo of my sweet ride.

Occupation: Grandmother (Affectionally known as and called Mimi)

Favorite bike: Giant Sedona

What’s in your stable? Giant Sedona DX and my dh’s Gary Fisher Cobia

Fastest speed on a road bike? Have only ridden my Sedona Comfort bike the fastest speed was 27 mph and when I looked down at my cyclometer and saw that it was a bit scary!

Another picture of yourself or your ride?

What is the biggest lie you’ve ever told? Telling my son that his daughter did clean her plate when the truth was each time he turned his head I was taking the food off my grand daughters plate. It was only a couple of bites.

Most memorable moment on my bike: While riding down hill on a bike path my dh was behind me when I heard him say something. As I turned to ask what he had said my bike also turned and I ran into a very big heavy wooden fence. The 1/2 inch bruise on my left thigh where I think the end of my handgrip hit quickly grew into a perfect 6 inch circle that was very memorable for several weeks.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Being invited by my son to go mountain biking with him at Sycamore Canyon and actually being able to keep up with him. Being apart of something he enjoys and spending time with him and my dh was a very special day.

Where do you live? Brisbane, Australia

Explanation of your handle: I used to really hate pink. But when I went looking for a mountain bike the one that was a great fit for me was pink. It was very nearly the deal-breaker, but I bought it and fell in love with mountain biking. When I went to buy my first dually I rode all sorts of things and the best for me was the Specialized Epic. Needless to say, I also tried the Era (WSD Epic) and when I found it came in pink........ the rest is history!

Explanation of your avatar: Me at the end of my last lap of the Merida 24 Hour race in a team called the MTB Dirt Daisies. I had a daisy on top of my helmet and was smiling fit to burst because the pain in my butt was about to end!

Favorite bike: Not sure yet - something light and fast in a road bike I think - maybe a Pinarello?

What’s in your stable? Way too much...

Nishiki Repco Olympic 12 (my antique road bike sitting on the trainer)
    Shogun Ninja (current road bike)
    Kona Lisa HT (first hard tail MTB but now on slicks for commuting)
    Specialized Era Marathon (dually MTB)
    Holstar Roadster (tandem for cycle touring with my daughter and DH)
    Plus.... 3x Giants for DH
    Plus.... Trek 3700 for daughter

Fastest speed on a road bike? 69km/h down a hill near home - I TRY not to think about how much it would hurt if something broke and I bit the dust at that speed!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Not sure how to get it into the text at the right spot, but below is me smoking home on the last turn of the last lap at the Insomnia 24 Hour - fastest I rode all day/night/day I reckon!

What is the biggest lie you’ve ever told? Struggled with this one - not so much a good liar I guess. But I did sneak my youngest sister into the house when she went out on her 18th birthday and got drunk, put her to bed and told my mum she was "really tired."

Most memorable moment on my bike: Probably the recent 100km challenge ride in Brisbane. They closed the busway and turned it over to 8000-odd cyclists. I was in one of the event sponsor's teams so got to start right up the front. After months on the mountain bike and the tandem, being turned loose on that busway with no traffic lights, on my roadie which felt as light as a feather, and in a howling pack - it was just like FLYING!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Recently we (DH and I) put together two teams for the Insomnia 24 Hour (a local 24 hour MTB race). We had the best time in that race ever! Our teams were great, our support crew were great, and we just partied all day, all night, all day (and rode of course) and never wanted it to end!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Insomnia Last Lap.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	7780  
    Last edited by pinkbikes; 11-01-2008 at 09:40 PM.

banana

Hey, good to see another member of the Australian/Kiwi contingent here!!

*Waves* Hi from over yonder in Perth

You guys have some awesome mtn bike trails over east!!! Ahh, dirt..mmmm

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    Hey, good to see another member of the Australian/Kiwi contingent here!!

*Waves* Hi from over yonder in Perth

You guys have some awesome mtn bike trails over east!!! Ahh, dirt..mmmm
    Wow - I guess I just looked briefly at your handle when I saw it in other posts and assumed you were in Canada! Duh - should have kept reading I guess!

I am really enjoying the TE site, which I found only after I found the link in the email reciept for a purchase of a pink furry toolbag for one of my pink bikes! It's really interesting to see what sort of bikes people elsewhere are riding and how cycling women of all ages are pretty much a crack-up no matter where they live!

As to the trails over here - if you're ever in SE Queensland look me up and I will be happy to take you out for some fun. I don't know them all yet (only hit the dirt a little over a year ago) but they sure are fun!

Hey everyone... just found this forum. I like it! I'm from Colorado and have been riding for 18 years(?). I ride both mtn and rd, but partial to mtn. I just got a SS in April and have been riding it ever since. Are there any other ladies from CO on here? That's probably a silly question! How 'bout women from the COS, Pueblo area? Or Denver? I'd love to meet some new grrls to ride with.

Where do you live? Ft. Bragg, NC

Explanation of your handle: I'm from TX.....deep one huh?!

Explanation of your avatar: not to that point yet

Favorite bike: don't have a favorite....suppose a light one would be my favorite

What's in your stable? Trek that I purchased in 2001.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? ummmm......just got a computer for the bike and managed to make it into the high 20's....um..going downhill? hahaha

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Get back to me on that one

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: that is a tough one......I'm more of a little white lier. Maybe that is a lie.

Most fun ever had on a bike? So far it is just fun riding with my best bud/ bf.