Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 14 of 175 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

For KSH!

To disable ads, please log-in.

LETS GO RIDE!!!!! I sent you a private message!

Michelle

Thanks for the welcome and for making me feel welcome here all...

Just wanna say hi to those who have joined and intro-ed themselves since I joined...

Welcome to Cdalekat, Technotart, Jones, anni, KSH, SJCzar, bikerHen, JesTutripup, bouncybouncy, shewhobikes (LOL... Shew Hobikes) loni0908k

Have funn - I am! Such a gold mine...

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRaven
    Thanks for the welcome and for making me feel welcome here all...

Just wanna say hi to those who have joined and intro-ed themselves since I joined...

Welcome to Cdalekat, Technotart, Jones, anni, KSH, SJCzar, bikerHen, JesTutripup, bouncybouncy, shewhobikes (LOL... Shew Hobikes) loni0908k

Have funn - I am! Such a gold mine...

Thanks for welcoming me!

Gosh, it must be simply fabulous to ride where you live!

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairMac
    the cats know I'll be still for a while so they can sit on my lap
    Aw, thanks!
    (though my kitty is a little too large to reach around him to get to the keyboard. )

Where do you live? Lowell, Mass.

Explanation of your handle: It's my domain name. I use it for everything.

Explanation of your avatar: Photo of my cat, Lenny. He passed away last year, but I wanted to use a picture of him because he used to ride in my old bike basket (I took him to work with me). He loved it!

Age (general or specific) 33

Favorite bike: I just bought a Specialized Allez Elite

What's in your stable? An old Trek 8000 mtn bike. My college commuting bike.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Don't know.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Nope, but look for one after my first Tri, the Danskin in Webster, MA - July 31!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "I have no idea what happened."

Most memorable moment on my bike: Getting hit by a car at 19. Hit & run. 2 black eyes, 3 broken ribs, sprained wrist, concussion. Oh, and road rash.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding the Cape Cod Rail Trail in the Summer on a friend's bike. It's beautiful down there.

welcome to the board ana - and congrats on the new bike!......ain't new bikes awesome!!!!! hope to see more of ya and GL on your first tri!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

(Taking my cue from Annalisa ...)

Where do you live? Ann Arbor, MI

Explanation of your handle: I'm one of the major organizers of my Club's annual big invitational. Hence, I have a *reputation* ... (and besides, I'm a Tolkien fan)

Age (general or specific) 45

Favorite bike: My trusty hyperactive Trek 7500fx Hybrid

What's in your stable? Upstairs: the aforementioned rig. Downstairs: my warhorse 12-speed Centurion road bike, on a Cycleops trainer

Most memorable moment on my bike: Outracing a Michigan thunderstorm that came up suddenly one afternoon in the summer. For a fleeting moment, I and the bike were ONE and we had the same idea: GETthehellouttahere! A true moment of the machine transcending the merely human.

Most fun ever had on a bike? When I was 16 I rode a Diabetes Association bike-a-thon near my hometown of Flint, MI. This was the mid-70s and everyone *else* had a 10-speed, while I had a Raleigh Sports 3-speed. I rode two 20-mile laps that day, climbed hills where other riders were walking their road bikes, and slept the best sleep of my life afterwards.

I was put onto TE by someone in another bike forum. I'm delighted to be here!

and Welcome!! We need to find you a balrog for your avatar! Love the story of the old 3 sp beating the fancy 10 sps!....don't ya love it! Hope to hear more from ya!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Where do you live? Sweetwater, TX

Explanation of your handle: "They call me Kim" Actually, I go by Kris or Kik as often as I go by Kim...I do what the voices in my head tell me

Explanation of your avatar: I want one!

Age: I am proud to say that I will FINALLY be 40 on May 16th. Me and my mother had doubts I'd survive this long.

Occupation: When I finish all the testing I can be employed as a nurse

Favorite bike: Had to be that pretty red Schwinn Santa brought me in 1972

What's in your stable? Specialized Allez Sport

Fastest speed on a road bike? 28 or 28.5, going downhill

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Oh yeah, we shamelessly brag about the HHH 100 on my webshots sight.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: It's okay that you pucked on me, really.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Not this bike, but years ago on a 50 mile Steaming Wheels ride, when a cow, that was in a fenced area, started running alongside us, and me, although I grew up on a cattle ranch, was terrified and rode like crazy to get away from the cow. Hmmm....I think I might have topped that 28.5 mph I mentioned on the downhill. Hubby still gives me heck when we pass fenced cows on the rode. I make a point of saying, "moo" to them.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Ya know, everytime I am on the bike I think it is the best time ever. To ride with my husband is heaven for me, because for years I rode horses and did endurance riding and he hates horses, and I missed having him there. To have finally found something we are both crazy about is just the icing on this so far 21 year cake!
    Ever notice that 'what the hell' always seems to be the best decision?

Where do you live? Alaska

Explanation of your handle: none, really

Explanation of your avatar: avatar??....you mean I could have an avatar??

Age (general or specific) 41

Favorite bike: Trek 2100 WSD

Trek Navigator 200 20What's in your stable? ok, don't laugh. Kona Nunu

Fastest speed on a road bike?

Another picture of yourself or your ride?

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I can't remember, which means I've either told too many, or I don't lie! (I'll let ya'll pick!)

Most memorable moment on my bike: Crossing paths with a black bear sow and her baby. I backed off, she carried on.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Crossing Johnson Pass on my mtn bike. 5+hours. It's so beautiful and rugged and the downhill is great.

welcome to the board Brigitte!! I read your thread about your LBS finding your TREK 2100wsd....yeeeehaaaa!! Hope you have a blast on the bike and hope to hear more from you up there in the Alaska frontier!!!

Where do you live? Bayville, New Jersey

Explanation of your handle: My first & middle names.

Explanation of your avatar: avatar??....Don't have one yet, I'd love to get one of my dog Casey. I just love him to death. Just looking at him makes me smile.

Age (general or specific) 36

Favorite bike: My new 2005 Rocky Mountain Element 70. It's awesome!

What's in your stable? see above, hubby has Rocky Mountain ETSX 70, Rocky Mountain Switch SL and we have a Specialized Endro Comp (which is for sale)

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? no rode bike

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't have very many pixs of myself - I hate having my pix taken

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I can't remember.

Most memorable moment on my bike: I've only been riding a year now. So, far my most memorable moment would be riding in the 1st Wissahickon Poker Run. I'd never ridden there before and the intermediate trail was quite challenging for me. Lots of rick gardens, hills and such. I made it through the 10 mile loop and had a great time.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I love log overs. Although, I let my mind get the best of me sometimes and it takes me a few times to get over some of the really big ones. I like downhills, too.

Nice to meet ya kerry, and welcome to the board. I just learned MTB'ng, I don't know if I've done log-overs yet or not, but I LOVE riding my MTB and I have a Great teacher! Hope to hear more from ya!

Where do you live? Ols San Juan, Puerto Rico

Explanation of your handle: My teenage nephew told me to make up a new name using your own. I don't remember exactly but take some letters from youre last name then first name there's Blare then from your mother;s maiden name etc. I kept it for my user name.

Explanation of your avatar: I found it on an avatar web page. I liked it cause I have red straight hair.
    Age (general or specific) 36

Favorite bike: Mine! Would like a Ti like a Terry Isis.

What's in your stable? 2003 Trek 1500 with Ultegra components, DH has one too. There's a Univega mb and an old trek road frame someone dumped here. I'd love my DH to get rid off both. (Small Apartment)

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Bout 25 downhill at my favorite ride -Parque Lineal de Bayamon. A park for bikes and walkers/runners along a river side. It has a paved two lane road for biles and a separate road for bipeds.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't think I have any on my bike. will fix my website to be more personal. Haven't kept working with it.
    http://www.geocities.com/rebeccablan...?1079044459265

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I keep them small. I'm lousy at it.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Riding with DH and friends, his cousin drove by recognized us and was in shock to find me at front pulling everyone. He used to ride so he knows it's harder in the front of the line.

Most fun ever had on a bike? When I finally learned how to use the gears and ride free like a kid again.
    Last edited by BlareApsan; 05-07-2005 at 11:02 PM.

Remember our agreement SadieKate???? Here it is!!!

Where do you live? Folsom, California

Explanation of your handle: Petunia became my handle while using walkie-talkies on a mountain biking to Bend, OR with SadieKate. It just stuck.

Explanation of your avatar: I don't even know what an avatar is....

Age (general or specific): 31

Favorite bike: I don't discriminate, I like all bikes.

What's in your stable? LeMond road bike and Trek mountain bike.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 43 mph near Placerville, CA on a ride with Yellow and SadieKate.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I'll find one later.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Mountain biking the Mackenzie River Trail in Central Oregon. It was beautiful.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Catching air on the whoops in Sisters, OR