Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 124 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2614

Talking hi all

To disable ads, please log-in.

Where do you live? Leyland, Near Preston in the UK

Explanation of your handle: I'm a big fan of the colour RED..... or do I love Gone with the Wind? You decide....................

Explanation of your avatar: avatar??.... Hey they are my dogs ...Yoda and Windu, Lab cross is Yoda and Little Windu is an English Field Trial Cocker! she love catching anything that moves.

Age 46 on Nov 4th this year OMG

Favorite bike: Would love a Ruby but love my Dolce

What's in your stable? Trek hybrid and Dolce (only!!)

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 35 MPH but will love to make it faster

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: OOH i did not buy that cycling apparell!!!! It just jumped in my bag!!!!

Most memorable moment on my bike: 270 miles in 5 days (78 miles the longest days cycle)
    in Egypt with kids trying to put stick in my spokes and pee on me and a hot wind blowing towards me and the crap roads and the donkeys everywhere and the dead cow at the side of the road with the dogs feasting on it and the whole Egypt "the other world" trip!!!

Most fun ever had on a bike? in my youth I think!
    Last edited by Scarlet; 08-16-2007 at 03:36 PM.
    Life is Great!

John O'Groats to Lands End 1000 miles+ 12 days July- August 2008

http://www.bhf.org.uk/sponsor/sandrascyclingJOGLE

Where do you live? Seattle

Explanation of your handle: trying to be cute I guess

Explanation of your avatar: is that the picture? I can't find one small enough..

Favorite bike: mine

What's in your stable? Klein Reve

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 36 is the fastest I've ever seen on my computer - but I'm usually to scared to look!! I was riding down from Crater Lake in OR.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: ??can't think of one

Most memorable moment on my bike: the crash I took 2 weeks before my first tri last summer

Most fun ever had on a bike? during my 2 sprint triathlons

Where do you live? Georgia

Explanation of your handle: Pretty obvious, I believe

Explanation of your avatar: kids & I on the beach @ sunset in Destin, Florida June 2007.

Age (general or specific) 42

Favorite bike: Lemond Reno

What's in your stable? Gary Fisher Marlin & my Lemond Reno

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? 37.7 mph (I've only been riding for about 6 weeks.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't have very many pixs of myself. I'm usually the picture taker.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I can't remember, which means I've either told too many, or I don't lie!

Most memorable moment on my bike: I just got into biking a few weeks ago and as of now, my most memorable moment is of me finishing my 1st metric and joyful that my body wasn't trashed.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I'd say riding with my marathon buddies and simply the newness of it all. Everyday that I can get out on my bike is fun.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...003_edited.jpg

Where do you live? Marlborough, Massachusetts (but Seattle, Washington is my home at heart!)

Explanation of your handle: Just a combo of my first and last name that I use often.

Explanation of your avatar: My bike, of course!

Age (general or specific): 23

Favorite bike: LeMond Poprad 2007

What's in your stable? LeMond Poprad 2007, Specialized Hardrock ~2000

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 41 mph, going down a long hill in Holden, MA, a couple months ago; daily get up to 30 - 32 mph

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't have ANY of me riding!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "I don't want that cookie."

Most memorable moment on my bike: Several "almost got hit" moments come to mind... But probably the best moment was riding at sunrise across a reservoir, with mist rising off the water, colored clouds reflected in the still water, and no traffic on the roads.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Getting lost with a friend who was training for a tri - turns out that there are TWO streets named the same thing in adjacent towns, and we turned down the wrong one...
    Almost a Bike Blog:
    http://kf.rainydaycommunications.net/

Never give up. Never surrender.

Where do you live? Southeast Georgia

Explanation of your handle: I quit smoking and being the creative person I am came up with that user name for everything! The 3 means nothing except 1 and 2 were already taken.

Explanation of your avatar: I just like it

Age (general or specific): 40's

Favorite bike: Windsor Willow

What's in your stable? Windsor Willow, Trek 4300, Trek 7100 multitrack

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I think it was 31mph, and I was scared to death. I am a speed sissie.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I will try to load it.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: No honey, your belly isn't that big....

Most memorable moment on my bike: My first day using clipless pedals I was so scared and nervous that I couldn't stop at a stop sign because I couldn't 'find' my brakes. Nearly got creamed. Luckily the person driving was aware that I was a newbie (probably was pretty obvious) and didn't hit me and smiled and waved when I apologized profusely.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I just love riding. Each time out is fun.
    I am never down. I am either up or getting up.

Hi - I'm a complete newbie to cycling (haven't bought my bike yet, but I'm looking), so with that disclaimer, here goes:

Where do you live? New York City, New York

Explanation of your handle: 1st syllable of my first and last name.

Explanation of your avatar: avatar??....you mean I could have an avatar??

Age (general or specific) 26

Favorite bike: Unsure, still researching.

What's in your stable? Nothing yet, test riding this weekend.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I'll get back to you on this when I have something to report

Another picture of yourself or your ride? None yet.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "Really, I'm fine."

Most memorable moment on my bike: I rented a bike while on vacation this summer to make sure that I enjoyed it before spending money and buying one. I was biking along in the bike lane when a guy in an Escalade pulled over and stopped in the bike lane (not on the shoulder) ahead of me and put his flashers on. I slowed down and kept an eye on him, his windows were down, car still stopped, flashers still on, just to be safe I called out "on your left" as I passed him, he didn't look, put his car into gear and pulled back onto the highway and into me. Thankfully he stopped when he heard me yelling and realized what he did. He didn't apologize or ask if I was ok, just waited for me to get up and pick up the bike, then pulled away. I was fine, although I had some lovely bruises to show off at the beach the next day and a few choice words for the driver.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Still to come.

Welcome Everyone!
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Thank you

I'm sorry it has taken me a month to get around to this. I've mostly been trying to read as many of your posts as I can fit in and every last one of them has been so amazingly helpful to someone who is totally new to cycling that I can't thank you enough!!!!

Where do you live? Charlotte, North Carolina

Explanation of your handle: Not at all original - it's just my bike

Explanation of your avatar: Same as above

Age (general or specific) 50+

Favorite bike: It had better be the one I just spent a fortune on for a long, long time to come

What's in your stable? 2007 Trek Pilot 5.2 WSD

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Just 26 mph pedaling downhill so far, but there's so much more to come!! I'm the one holding her back.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Not yet

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: My biggest bike lie was one I told myself: I'll start right off with clipless pedals and cleats. That won't be a problem for me at all! (yeah....right....you probably read about the LBS crotch grab incident)

Most memorable moment on my bike: It was that feeling of pure freedom and exhilaration the very first time you pedal off on a bike, wobbly or not. It's a sense that's hard to describe and you had no idea it would feel that good.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Looking at my Garmin Edge 305 after my first (and only so far) 27 mile nonstop ride and seeing that it estimated that I burned 1622 calories! I had no idea this was such a perfect form of exercise. I just wanted to learn to ride!

Hi everyone! I've been lurking on here reading threads for a long time and figured it's about time I registered & introduced myself.

Where do you live? Everett, WA (north of Seattle)

Explanation of your handle: I'm addicted to my malamutes! They're my "kids" and I absolutely adore them.

Explanation of your avatar: It's a photo of the aforementioned malamutes.

Age (general or specific) 29

Favorite bike: I'm pretty happy with my Ruby, though I haven't ridden enough yet to know if I'd like something else better.

What's in your stable? a 2006 Specialized Ruby Comp, and an 2005 Trek Fuel EX8

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 39 mph on a nice long downhill near Snohomish, WA. I'll have to go ride there again sometime to see if I can break 40!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I better not post that here...you never know who'll find it!

Most memorable moment on my bike: The first time I conquered one particular hill near my home that I used to have to walk up.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I always have fun on my bike!

my turn

Where do you live? philly

Explanation of your handle: it's my roller derby alias (violet temper)

Explanation of your avatar: i need to load one!

Age (general or specific): 31

Favorite bike: cervelo soloist carbon (i wish!)

What's in your stable? fuji finest 1.0, specialized allez

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? i've hit about 40 mph going on an amazing downhill, but generally i ride between 18-20 mph

Another picture of yourself or your ride? none

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: this is boring, but i try to never lie

Most memorable moment on my bike: i was riding to work one morning and this guy came up next to me on his expensive bike and gestured for me to draft his wheel up a hill....but i smoked up it on my own. ha!

Most fun ever had on a bike? to date, it's always been fun

Hi all!

Where do you live? Derby, UK

Explanation of your handle: Albion is the ancient name for Britain, and Lass 'cos, I'm a lass.

Explanation of your avatar: Need to sort one out.

Age (general or specific): 35

Favorite bike: My new Mercian (currently being built for me).

What's in your stable? Gary Fisher Alfresco, Mercian (soon).

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 36 mph downhill coming down from Ticknall

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Too many, could be anything.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Ask me in 12 months.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Always fun, even when it hurts, sometimes I just don't realize it 'till afterwards.

hey

Hello! Hello! hello! Hello!

Welcome!

C

More Seattle

I've lurked for a few days, thought I should de-cloak.

Where do you live? Seattle

Explanation of your handle: childhood nickname

Explanation of your avatar: none, yet (still looking for a cycling related photo)

Favorite bike: Lemond Alp D'Huez (the only one I have!)

What's in your stable?: see above

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when?: 37mph down a long curving road near Trout Lake (Mt. Adams)

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "Yes, Mom, I loved the drapes."

Most memorable moment on my bike: beating my husband in a little 2-lap criterium around a parking lot (I handle better )

Most fun ever had on a bike? Trout Lake riding - mountains, sun, friends, aaaaah.

I'm thinking of joining a bike team around here, so I'm looking forward to learning from everyone!
    -ali
    --------
    "No beer, no TV make Homer something something."

Hi everyone

It's so great reading about you all.

For the Northwest people, we sometimes meet up to ride so check out the NW section!