Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 122 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

Where do you live? Lake Placid, NY

Explanation of your handle: Most people call me Reesha or Reesh for short. It's a comfort thing. Makes me feel all familiar and such.

Explanation of your avatar: My two bikes... Super Taylor and Glosoli.

Age (general or specific) 24

Favorite bike: Pink Yeti AS-R sl ( )

What's in your stable? Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD and a Gary Fisher Marlin GS. I do plan on building a Pink Yeti AS-R sl this winter though for the next mountain biking season.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I wish I had a computer, but not as of yet. I'm guessing about 35, Ironman Day, July 22nd. I was riding to town to watch the marathon leg and came down this ginormous hill toward the ski jumps pedaling my heart out. Just as I neared the bottom, two Adirondack Trailways tour buses went flying by at about 60 and the wind almost knocked me right off the road. It was terrifying.

Oh also there are these radar speed thingies at the outskirts of every village along the High Peaks scenic byway in the Adirondacks so cars know to slow down. My last sprint triathlon I rolled into town on an uphill at 25 mph! I was so excited to see that I was going that fast. I really need to get a computer I think.

Another picture of yourself or your ride?
    My first proud owner of a roadbike picture. Self taken with one of those reversey webcams too... hahaha

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Haha I missed this question! Biggest lie I've ever told? Regarding biking? Well, it was mostly an accident. I was all excited having thought I'd done the entire Ironman loop (see below) and I told a bunch of people I'd done it but realized I'd missed the part where they go down this one road and it's a massive, massive hill in one direction. Then they come back the other way. As if there aren't enough hills already on that loop!

Most memorable moment on my bike:
    Completing my first 56 mile Ironman loop just two weeks after getting my road bike. I was near tears and I called my bike racing uncle.

Most fun ever had on a bike?
    Hahaha skid contests as a kid?
    These days it's catching air off jumps at the mountain bike center in town
    Last edited by Reesha; 07-29-2007 at 02:22 PM.
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Quote Originally Posted by mekira View Post
    LOL

I'm sorry, I didn't see this till now...

It's from Deep Space Nine, Major Kira... I was playing an online startrek game and had to give a name and I ended up with me-kira (meaning I am Kira) and then I started using it for yahoo mail and then on forums

And yes I remember TOS on tv when I was a kid... I was fascinated.

I followed most of the series except Enterprise and my favorite of all the series is DSN
    I love DS9!!! I too did not get into Enterprise. I love surprising all my friends with my Star Trek knowledge.
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org

Ah, these Young Things....Not even born when there really was a Star Trek and a USS Enterprise NCC 1701 with a Real Captain, First Officer , Chief Medical Officer...

All you need is love...la-dee-da-dee-da...all you need is love!

Quote Originally Posted by margo49 View Post
    Ah, these Young Things....Not even born when there really was a Star Trek and a USS Enterprise NCC 1701 with a Real Captain, First Officer , Chief Medical Officer...
    Well, that was my Mom's era... and I can't help but laugh at some of those classic episodes. Are you trying to argue that Jean-Luc Picard wasn't a real captain? I mean sure he didn't mack on the ladies half as often but does that really make him less manly?

Cool Getting to Know You

Where do you live? Kansas (it's not all flat!)

Explanation of your handle: None needed

Age (general or specific) over 50

Favorite bike: Cannondale hybrid

What's in your stable? Only one and I use it for everything.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Huge Kansas tailwind and I wasn't trying to break a record so I wasn't peddling....43 mph downhill coming into Council Grove, Kansas in July 2003.

Most fun I've ever had on my bike: 45 MPH South Tailwind pushing me North--through the Flint Hills of Kansas. Several times that day I rode the fun hills for 2 plus miles without peddling!!

Rail Trails I've cycled: C&O Canal Path (Cumberland, Maryland to Washington, DC...loved the PawPaw Tunnel), Virginia Creeper Trail (Damascus, VA...downhill all the way), Prairie Spirit Trail (Ottawa, KS to Welda, KS), Elroy-Sparta, Great River, La Crosse River, and 400 Trails in Wisconsin with my son bike-camping (the people of Norwalk are wonderful!), Paseo del Bosque Trail (16 miles in Albuequerque, NM), Orange County Bike Trail near Orlando, FL, Delaware River Tow Path in Pennsylvania and Delaware and Raritan Canal Tow Path in New Jersery.

Usual rides: My husband loves to fish, so many times I'll ride to where he's fishing OR he fishes in lakes near the route I'm riding.

Biggest Accomplishment on a Bike: Completed 5 centuries in one year. The best one was 115 miles from my driveway to a small town motel with a whirlpool!!! (My husband fished in 3 different lakes that day!)

Any state tours or organized rides: Santa Fe Trail Ride (Santa Fe, NM to Independence, KS)-I rode only 4 days of 21; Bike Across Kansas (BAK), Cycle Across Missouri Parks (CAMP), Touring Ride in Rurual Indiana-September Escapade (TRIRI).
    Last edited by ready2cycle; 07-29-2007 at 02:38 PM.

Where do you live? western Wisconsin

Explanation of your handle: I love my Look bike and I didn't find any others on my search of the forum. I'm not ususally one of those people who prefaces every statement with "look,..." or even "like..."

Explanation of your avatar: It took me all summer to register here, do I have to spend the time coming up with an avatar too?!

Age (general or specific) mid 40's

Occupation: SAHM, educating my children, retired from corporate life

Favorite bike: the one I'm riding -- a Look 555. When I test rode it at my LBS I had to tell him "I feel one with the bike." So I had to buy it.

What's in your stable? a 20yo Trek 400. It served me well so I can't part with it, but I can't bear to ride it either. I also borrow my DH's Electra Amsterdam to ride around the neighborhood with my little girls.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 31-32 mph, pedaling the flats after our many little hills

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I'll have to take the time to add that someday

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I told my husband that after I quit work of course our house would stay picked up and clean!

Most memorable moment on my bike: It's not a moment, it's a recurring moment. It's the pure joy I feel riding through this lovely countryside, birds and frogs singing to me, when I hit the perfect gear for the grade, just going all out. That gets me up at 5 am.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I think I already answered this above in the memorable question. I'm just really proud of what I've been able to do this year when I thought it was all over for me!

A year and a half ago I couldn't walk for 20 minutes or climb stairs without pain due to osteoarthritis and 40 extra pounds. I started working out and journaling my food intake and of course the weight started coming off. Just as I hit the dreaded weight loss plateau, a friend got me to a spinning class. 6 months later my DH decided I needed a bike. So I went from not riding in over 12 years to a metric century in 2 1/2 months. Happy happy!

By the way, I also have fond memories of TOS, with my dad, who wouldn't miss a week! Now you know how old I am!

Thanks for all the learning here!

Quote Originally Posted by Reesha View Post
    Well, that was my Mom's era... and I can't help but laugh at some of those classic episodes. Are you trying to argue that Jean-Luc Picard wasn't a real captain? I mean sure he didn't mack on the ladies half as often but does that really make him less manly?
    1. You may laugh but at least you recognise a classic when it's on screen in front of you
    2.Jean-Luc Who???
    3. A starship captain is a starship captain. Not a man per se.

Where do you live? Valencia, Spain.
    Explanation of your handle: A nickname that my first boyfriend put me.

Explanation of your avatar:A beautiful drawing that i like a lot

Age (general or specific): 28

Favorite bike: All on Specialized !!, I love them.

What's in your stable? BH supra 200 MTB and an old Otero Road

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 55 km/h with my Mtb descending of the mountain of Cullera (Spain).

Another picture of yourself or your ride? juts see my blog address.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I detest the lies, I do not be used to lying.

Most memorable moment on my bike: The first time that I got my own bike, was so magic & emotive.

Most fun ever had on a bike? all days with my bike are sure fun
    Put a bike in your life, be the motor.

Another one close to home!

Red face

Sorry it's been so long since I've checked in on this thread!
    <<<I'm now standing in line with the others - waving...
    Hi kids!! Glad you decided to come out and play.
    "The bicycle was the first machine to redefine successfully the notion of what is feminine. The bicycle came to symbolize something very precious to women - their independence."—Sally Fox

Hi! I joined today! I'm glad this is here so I can say, "Hi!" and you can get to know me.

Where do you live? In the Midwest

Explanation of your handle: I'm a lady and I like to run.

Explanation of your avatar: My avatar is a picture of me getting on my bike right outside of the transition area during my first triathlon.

Age (general or specific): Almost 35!

Favorite bike: My road bike -- a Giant OCR

What's in your stable?
    Road: Giant OCR
    Hybrid: Trek 7100

Fastest speed on a road bike? ::goes to check the Garmin:: 45.1 mph (on July 28 -- my first ever group ride. I was going downhill at the time.)

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Clickable

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Gosh, I can't remember. I must have blocked it out.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Gosh, this is a hard one. I think every time I'm on the bike is memorable. It's really an exhilarating feeling being on the bike.
    Last edited by Ladyrunner; 08-06-2007 at 11:24 AM. Reason: To edit the picture code.

Where do you live? Erie, PA soon Metairie, LA

Explanation of your handle: Took me awhile to trade my mesh in for spandex

Age (general or specific): 22

Favorite bike: Trek 1000

What's in your stable? Christmas wishes.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Cyclo-computer needed!

Most fun I've ever had on my bike: Presque Isle Duathlon Relay!!

Trails I've cycled: Canal Path (Rochester, NY) and Presque Isle

Usual rides: PA Roads

Biggest Lie: "Mom, I agree, tattoos are ugly."

Biggest Accomplishment on a Bike: Drafting above 25 mph on the canal path or maybe fitting it in my Hyundai.

Any state tours or organized rides: Someday...

Presque Isle, Maine, MeshLover!?! At the Nordic Heritage Center?

I used to Mountain bike there in Spring 06!

Where do you live? Springfield, MO

Explanation of your handle: No explanation needed.

Age (general or specific): 31 (about to be 32)

Favorite bike: Specialized bikes in general.

What's in your stable? '02 Specialized E5 Comp & Specialized Rockhopper

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 51.6 mph on one of our Ozarks back roads. It's not uncommon for us to hit 45 mph on a regular basis. Big hills here.

Most fun I've ever had on my bike: Always have the most fun doing the MS150 rides.

Trails I've cycled: Nothing of any major significance. We just get on our bikes and ride all over the Ozark country here.

Usual rides: Again, Ozark country.

Biggest Lie: Hmm, I'll have to come back to that one.

Biggest Accomplishment on a Bike: Biking 100 miles one day and then getting up and jumping on the bike for another 100 miles the NEXT DAY.

Any state tours or organized rides: I ride in all kinds of charity rides. Everything from Breast Cancer rides, AIDS benefit rides, MS rides, Diabetes, etc. I ride in as many rides as I can. I just love road riding.

Welcome all you new kids, Meshlover; um, that's a name that is unique; Tiffany,
    Ladyrunner, Look, , Kristi,and Pastiset, writing to us from SPAIN!
    you need to tell us about what it's like to ride in Spain.
    Reesha, thanks for sharing a picture! gives us a face to go with the name. (and a bike of course!)
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.