Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 117 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello!

Where do you live? Southern California, in the South Bay

Explanation of your handle: Well, I can go off in different directions all day long. Just give me the opportunity.

Explanation of your avatar: Something deeply philosophical, I'm sure.

Favorite Bike: My Cannondale R500, cause it's mine.

What's in your stable: My good yellow Cannondale R500.

Fastest speed on a road bike? When/where? This is bad - I remember hitting about 35 at some point on the AIDS Ride (yep, dating myself here, pre-LifeCycle days). I tend to grip the brakes on the downhills.

Biggest lie I've ever told: I'm going to have to come back to this one. There are a few out there.

Most memorable moment on a bike: Once upon a time, I was heading up the Angeles Crest Highway on my old mountain bike. The Angeles Crest Highway is just one long steep road into the mountains; since I was slow, and on a mountain bike, the folks I was with had left me behind long ago. About midway, I pulled into a lookout to stop and drink some water and get a bite. After a minute or two, two big - really big - biker guys on Harleys pulled into the same lookout point. Long hair, long beards, leather vests, bandanas - these guys were the real deal. Gulp, I said to myself. I tried to be nonchalant as they approached me.

"Did you ride that - " pointing to my bike, "- all the way up here?" one of them asked. He even talked like a biker, growly voice and all.

"Yep," I told them.

"Man," said the big biker guy, "you're tough!"

Heh. The big scary biker guys said I was tough. Sweet.

Most fun ever had on a bike: No one episode sticks out. I just know that I'm super-happy most of the time I'm riding.

Rachele,

I used to live in LA and know that road well...thats great about the bikers and funny! Welcome!

Where do you live? Huron, SD

Explanation of your handle: memories from my Tower Record days. . . .

Explanation of your avatar: nothing to explain. . . just a beautiful flower.

Age (general or specific): 31(but i prefer 29ish) :-)

Favorite bike: my trek. . .but I have terrible bike envy and my list of future hopefuls is quite long.

What's in your stable? 2006 trek pilot named blackbeauty and a bianchi mtn bike with trailer that my daughter calls Maddy's bike.

Fastest speed on a road bike?

Another picture of yourself or your ride? will post as soon as wether permits

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I didn't send that much. . . husband always falls for it.

Most memorable moment on my bike: My first ride on my new bike and each time I take my daughter out for rides she absolutely loves it.

Most fun ever had on a bike? so far its all been fun (minus a few scary moments trying to get out of my pedals)

Me

Where do you live? Southern California, in the South Bay

Explanation of your handle: I just thought of it

Explanation of your avatar: Don't have one yet, Not sure how to do it

Favorite Bike: Trek Pilot 2.1

What's in your stable: My Car, 3 bikes and junk

Fastest speed on a road bike? When/where? 35mph Palos Verdes last Saturday

Biggest lie I've ever told: I'm going to have to come back to this one.

Most memorable moment on a bike: Everywhere I ride is memorable

Most fun ever had on a bike: Always.

Getting to Know You!

Explanation of your handle: Chakra is Sanskrit for "wheel"

Explanation of your avatar: Hmm, I'll let you know when I get one!

Age (general or specific) 40

Occupation: Grad Student doing MA in Counselling Psychology, mother of three kids, ages 7, 4.5 and 2 years

Favorite bike: Um, I'll be posting forthwith to get some help with this one!!

What's in your stable?
    Zilch!! I need help!

Fastest speed on a road bike? No idea, cos I'm just getting back into riding after 10 year hiatus.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "Oh yeah, I can make it up that hill!" Well, I haven't told a lot of BIKE related lies!

Most memorable moment on my bike: I didn't learn to ride a bike till I was 25. . . so I remeber falling off a LOT as an adult!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Learning to stay ON! And then getting confident and having fun. I can't wait to get back into it.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Chakra

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Welcome new members! We all look forward to your participation in the forums....happy biking!!!
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Welcome, to a bike forum with lots of collective wisdom and fun-inspirational beings. Rebran, I'm excited there is another SD bicyclist!!!! I'm way past the days of toting kids on my bike but remember what great fun it was for both of us. One of my most memorable bike trips was Ragbrai, because we participated with the whole family. Our 11 year old twins rode their own bike and my husband pulled the bike-a-boose with our other 3 kid aboard.

Where do you live? Temecula, CA (So. Cal wine country)

Explanation of your handle: Real creative-first name & last initial

Explanation of your avatar: avatar??...what's an avatar??

Age (general or specific) 48 on May 1st

Favorite bike: Whichever one I'm on

What's in your stable? Specialized Ruby Expert, Specialized FS Epic Comp, Trek 4500 HT

Fastest speed on a road bike? About 36 mph on a downhill I know well

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Want to learn how to do that

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Never a good sign when you can't remember

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding the century from Irvine to San Diego

I'm thrilled to be finally posting here. I've been lurking & finally posted a few times recently. Everyone is so motivating and inspiring me to get out and ride.

Where do you live? Brooklyn, NY

Explanation of your handle: My initials and birth year!

Explanation of your avatar: My beloved dog Hudson.

Age (general or specific) 33

Favorite bike: Don't have one yet, since I'm pretty new to this. But, I'm quite partial to my DH's new Specialized Roubaix Elite

What's in your stable? 2007 Ibex Corrida CT

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 23.3 today going down the hill in Prospect Park.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...bex_Rachel.jpg

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'll just keep that to myself!

Most memorable moment on my bike: I've only had a bike for about 3 weeks so every day has been memorable so far!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Every day has been fun so far!

Where do you live? VA suburbs of DC

Explanation of your handle: Screen name I've used forever online. It means "faith always and forever" as in have faith. 637 is also a nickname of my nickname, Gel.

Explanation of your avatar: Don't have one yet. Still trying to find one that fits the specs.

Age (general or specific) 27

Favorite bike: Don't have one yet. Still learning!

What's in your stable? 2007 GT Nomad LTD Hybrid, 1999 Diamondback Outlook

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Never timed myself.

Another picture of yourself or your ride?

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'll just keep that to myself!

Most memorable moment on my bike: Getting up that big hill near Virginia Lane and not having to walk it!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Passing people walking their bikes up that hill near Virginia Lane

Where do you live? Central Texas

Explanation of your handle: Mom's Mexican, Dad's Czech.....I'm a Czexican
    from Texas

Explanation of your avatar: Need to get one

Age (general or specific) 26

Favorite bike: 2005 Giant OCR

What's in your stable? Giant OCR & Boulder SE

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Don't know

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Sadly, I don't own a digital camera.....I just get my SO to take pictures of me....

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Hmmm...can't really think of one

Most memorable moment on my bike: First group ride.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding along the beach in South Texas

Wow, I haven't caught up with this thread in a long time.

WELCOME EVERYONE!! Come in, sit down and enjoy the company - and learn lots in the process. This is a great place to be!
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

Cool

Where do you live? Newbury, Massachusetts

Explanation of your handle: It's really pretty unoriginal, but self-explanatory... (I hope)

Explanation of your avatar: I don't have one yet, but I can almost guarantee you that it will be Fairuza, my little grey Arab mare

Age (general or specific): 23 - DOB 9/14/1983

Favorite bike: Mine! Sparkly purple Specialized Dolce... but I have been drooling over the Ruby, and the Orbea Diva since becoming a (more) avid cyclist!

What's in your stable? Specialized Dolce, Trek 4500 WSD HT MTB... and literally in the stable is Fairuza, a 14.2 Arabian mare

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I wish I had an exact number... so let's just say fast enough to find bugs imbedded in my forehead upon returning home.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Not at the moment, but hopefully soon!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I've never lied... not even a little bit!

Most memorable moment on my bike: Well, I bought my Trek MTB in early 2005, to replace a 10+ year old Diamondback Sorrento that I had been riding around the surrounding towns for the past couple of years. My distances increased - as did my physical discomfort, and desire to ride on trails a bit more (which, despite being a MTB, this bike was not suited for) then I discovered that they made bikes with suspension (gasp!)... so, of course I wanted one. I checked out the 2005 Trek 4500 WSD online, instantly fell in love with the *color* (which is turquoise - coincidentally it was the bike that ended up being just right for me), and went down to my bike shop to inquire within. They had one that fit me like a glove, but it was on hold. It would be a few weeks before they had another one in and built, and I started to second guess my decision to buy a new bike. They took my name, and within an hour of leaving the shop, they called and said the person who had it on hold called to let them know they changed their mind - so, I walked back to the shop and rode home on my lovely new turquoise bike

Most fun ever had on a bike? Hmmm... I feel like my answer will always be "the last time I went out!" (which is usually 'yesterday', or 'an hour ago'). Though, the first time I went out with a large (35+) group of cyclists from my LBS - less than 2 weeks ago - was definitely a new and very fun experience for me. This is my first year road biking, and I am completely absorbed in the wonderful sense of community when I'm with the other local cyclists!

I have been visiting the TE forums for a few weeks now, and find it to be the single most reliable and informative place that I have found so far. I'm so glad to found the site, and joined the forums... can't wait to get to know everyone!

Katie

Talking Hello Again!

A warm hello and a re-introduction!

Handle: Deja Vu. Why? I had been somewhat active here approximately 2 years ago. I then was not able to bike for a full year. I can bike now again and have wanted to return.

I was lurking some and trying to recall my handle used then. (I have participated in lots of different forums and have had different names.) I'd realized that if I could recall my name here on this forum, I no longer have the old email address, either. So..any password retrieval would not work through the email address on file here. I'd finally decided to just re-register.
    Hence: Deja Vu, as it feel like I had done this before.(I am still looking for the notebook that has my ID in it for this board! If I discover it, I will give my real identity! lol)

I live in New England, USA.

I am in my mid-40s! (ouch!)

What is in stable? Well, my side of the stable has a K2 comfort bike, a Giant Iguana (HT) and a Trek 1200 (road). Hubby has a Cannondale Prophet, a Trek 1200 and...I forget what the other one is.

Biggest Lie: Lie? Would I tell a lie?

Most memorable: To this day, my best times riding were when I was a teenager, riding my Schwinn Continental (road bike, 12 spd). This was a very hot bike in my town at the time. I had worked many "odd jobs" to earn this bike! (That was back when Schwinn could only be found in bike shops. It later went on to big box stores and is now back making some higher end bikes! Go Schwinn! Glad to see it make a comeback. Nostalgia.)

I'd loved to take off on a ride. So peaceful, relaxing and exhilarating, all at the same time. Looking back, I can see it was a healthy escape from a very big family and a very hectic household! It was my zen!

One of the most fun was: My husband was into mountain bike riding. I was not. I took him to a bike shop and had him try out a road bike! (He had never been on one!) He found it quite fun! I bought him the bike. The following day, after the bike-fitting session, etc. We went riding together. I love to see people discover an aspect of cycling they may not be familair with...especially if they are thrilled with it! It's so much fun to watch other discover joy in cycling!

I may have missed something? I think I have covered the basics anyway.

It's good to be back at TeamE!

Julie

Hello!

Where do you live? Marin County, NoCal

Explanation of your handle: just an abbreviation of my name

Explanation of your avatar:huh?

Favorite Bike: my new bianchi and my old tandem

What's in your stable: see above

Fastest speed on a road bike? I think 35 or 40 going downhill on our tandem.

Biggest lie I've ever told: I love my job.

Most memorable moment on a bike: The first time my husband and I climbed White's Hill outside Fairfax without stopping. I'm a new rider about to do ALC Lifecycle, so I'm sure I'll have some very memorable moments soon.

Most fun ever had on a bike: The second day of the Jon Pon Memorial ride, riding down Route 1, the sun shining and the ocean on our right.