Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 112 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

Explanation of you avatar: It is me in Seattle riding a bike on a rail way up high. At least I thught it was high. Did it because I was scared to.

Welcome Celeste!

I need more info about this photo. What the heck are you doing? How did you get up there? Kudos to you for doing something that scared you.

Quote Originally Posted by BookGnome View Post
    Explanation of you avatar: It is me in Seattle riding a bike on a rail way up high. At least I thught it was high. Did it because I was scared to.

Welcome Celeste!

I need more info about this photo. What the heck are you doing? How did you get up there? Kudos to you for doing something that scared you.
    Yeah, Celeste,
    I want to know too!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Ridin' the rail!

Hi Ladies,
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

My DH and I were in Seattle summer before last to see a concert. We were doing some site seeinig and went to the area where the Seattle Space Needle and the museums are.

This thing outside was a bike on a rail going around! No tires, just a rim! I walked up there by the stiar case you see in the back. About one or so stories off the ground. Actually, below me was a shallow pond and a net. But I was feebly strapped in at the waist. I wanted to slow down and wave at DH, but I could not. The guy just kept saying "Keep Pedaling!" So I did! LOL

What you don't see is a bar coming off the base of the bike thingy, going straight down and a large weight at the bottom to help keep you balanced. I wanted DH to get a complete picture. But I will settle for what we got. I was scared, but did it anyway. Would have been dissapointed with myself if I did not do it at least once.

Glad you enjoyed the pic!

Mimitabby: I see you are from Seattle. Do you know this place? I really fell in love with Seattle. I really enjoyed our visit. Very eclectic; really nice people too!
    BTW, I have a Bianchi bike...can I get my pic on the TE Bianchi-girl page too? I do get lots of comments on it due to the color, I think.
    Last edited by Celeste; 02-12-2007 at 05:04 PM.
    I just keep telling myself..."I am the Tortise; slow and steady finishes the race." I am the Tortise, coo coo ca choo.

Hi everyone - I'm finally posting something instead of lurking...

I love this forum! I am a total noob, so reading everyone's advice/experiences has been VERY helpful -- especially the woman's point of view on cycling issues -- I don't have anyone ask about this stuff!

Where do you live? Dilley, Texas

Explanation of your handle: initials and anniversary

Explanation of your avatar: I'm doing good to just start posting....

Age (general or specific) 36

Favorite bike: not enough experience to know

What's in your stable? Trek 820 Mountain Bike (about to get slicks! I'm not a mountain biker!)

Fastest speed on a road (no road bike) bike? where? when? Don't know, but based on time and distance, I would say maybe 15-16 on a good stretch. Mostly average 13. Now lets talk about the stationary recumbent and it looks MUCH better haha.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Nope

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: response to "how are you this morning?" from boss - "I'm fine" If you tell him the truth, it'd be an hour long discussion about something most likely unrelated!

Most memorable moment on my bike: Making my first outing on the highway acess road using the lane like a "real" cyclist (this was a BIG deal - I was seriously afraid of being ran over by huge pickups in "bubba-land")

Most fun ever had on a bike? Downhill after the last uphill on the way home!

Anyone else out there from my general area (between Laredo and San Antonio, TX) ?

Well, that's it for now...

Smile I, too am moving from lurker to poster

Explanation of your handle: Pika: an alpine creature- loves to sun itself on sunny rocks, me too Also the name of our last dog- saddly killed on the highway 3 years ago.

Explanation of your avatar: I love this sculpture- a beautiful women's body with a little belly

Age (general or specific) 42!

Favorite bike: I dream of any cervelo
    What's in your stable? Giant tcr3
    Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Just started riding again -too busy paying attention to the road and not my computer- I know I will start to pay attention- just haven't yet

Another picture of yourself or your ride? hmm- really hate getting my picture taken- no chance that I'd send it out in cyber space

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'm with the gals that can't remember

Most memorable moment on my bike:
    A number of years ago I did a 3 day trip called the Golden triangle in BC Canada- The ride went from Castle Mtn Junction to Inveremere then to Golden and back to Castlemtn Junction. Riding down the pass in the pouring rain going a little too fast a moutain goat came out on to the road and ran along beside me. I can tell you they are a lot bigger close up! I was thankful there was no accident for either of us- It was an awe inspiring moment- I only wish there were other riders near to experience it too!

Most fun ever had on a bike?
    Same trip going really really fast down one of the passes from Golden early in the morning with no traffic- just can't remember how fast it was! Felt fast- was definitely fun
    The cure for anything is salt water;
    sweat, tears or the sea

Isak Dinesen

Quote Originally Posted by Pika View Post
    ... going a little too fast a moutain goat came out on to the road and ran along beside me....
    Welcome Pike...I had a similar experience when I lived in Casper Wyoming...I had an antelope accompany me on a ride and it was "totally awesome" ...unfortunately, he passed me pretty quickly, but what a memory!!!

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Last summer I passed a farm on a dirt road and a turkey came running up and ran happily right next to my bike for about 1/4 mile! When I slowed down, she slowed down, when I sped up she sped up. Finally I dropped her.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa S.H. View Post
    Last summer I passed a farm on a dirt road and a turkey came running up and ran happily right next to my bike for about 1/4 mile! When I slowed down, she slowed down, when I sped up she sped up. Finally I dropped her.
    Lisa, I am sooooo relieved to know that she didn't wind up in your freezer awaiting Thanksgiving!
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

Real name? Rosellen
    Where do you live? Walnut Creek, CA (SF Bay area)
    Explanation of your handle: I love my dog! and we look alike
    Explanation of your avatar: My favorite beach on the Big Island of Hawaii. I daydream a lot about being there....
    Occupation: dentist in a state juvenile correctional facility for 19 years.
    (yes, the bad boys). I love my job. I'm also a wife, mom and housekeeper. I love my life.
    Favorite bike: I rode a bike all through college and didn't get a car until my first "real" job when I was 22. But I don't even remember what kind it was. It was a three speed.
    What's in your stable? I have a Bianchi Eros. The beautiful celeste color. My first "road" bike. I'm just getting to know it (got it in November 2006). But I am enjoying it.
    Fastest speed on a road bike? Where? When? Well I'm a chicken s**t on the downhills. but the fastest I have gone is actually 24mph. Hopefully I'll get braver and faster!
    Another picture of yourself on your ride: not yet.
    What is the biggest lie you've ever told? On the job: "This won't hurt a bit"
    to my teenager: "This hurts me more than it hurts you." !!!!
    Most memorable moment on my bike: My first ride on my new bike. I know I will have many memorable moments ahead!
    Most fun ever had on a bike? I'm still pretty new. But this weekend was an absolutely gorgeous weekend in the Bay Area and riding both days just was heaven!
    With loving thanks to all of you ladies for all your great advice and help!

Quote Originally Posted by whippetgirl View Post
    What's in your stable? I have a Bianchi Eros. The beautiful celeste color. My first "road" bike. I'm just getting to know it (got it in November 2006). But I am enjoying it.
    Hi Whippet Girl!
    I love those dogs! So cute and so fast too!
    I also have a Bianchi in the pretty celeste color! But it is the Dama She bike. I really love it and I get all kinds of comments on the color! I guess no one will be missing us out on the road huh?
    I just keep telling myself..."I am the Tortise; slow and steady finishes the race." I am the Tortise, coo coo ca choo.

[Whaaat!
    So few sheep!
    I have a tea towel that says "There are 80 million sheep in New Zealand, 3 million think they are humans"]

I've got that same tea-towel at home. I found it at a local Vinnies Op shop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0015.jpg 
Views:	426 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	2685  

Real name? Sarah
    Where do you live? Alaska
    Explanation of your handle: My dog's name is Lou Lou
    Explanation of your avatar: What avatar??
    Occupation: former boat builder, current p.e. teacher, hopeful archaeologist
    Favorite bike: Depends on the ride, currently it is my husband's Karate Monkey with an extra cycle and studded tyres because it goes through the snow and doesn't slip on the ice. (google cleverchimp supermonkey)
    What's in your stable? My early carbon Kestral, and my soon to be ready Karate Monkey (my husband wants his back) and I'm trading in the Trek mtn. bike for a titanium airborne which is enroute to Alaska as I type!
    Fastest speed on a road bike? Where? When? Australia and I don't know the speed but I kicked my husband's butt.
    Another picture of yourself on your ride: not yet.
    What is the biggest lie you've ever told? Not sure...
    Most memorable moment on my bike: Cycling through Mongolia.
    Most fun ever had on a bike? Cycle touring with Lou Lou and Adam in Australia 52 Kms of s-bends down a mountain (after pushing 60 uphill).

hey

Hey sarah,

Where in Ozzie did ya visit? East or West coast..

Come on back & bike the Munda biddi in Western Australia..

C

sarah where in alaska?
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Where do you live? Seattle, WA

Explanation of your handle: Ages ago when I was looking for a semi-unique e-mail address, I came upon teigyr. I'm a Leo, my chinese sign is a Tiger (not that any of it means anything!), I have been involved in feline rescue, and I'm of irish descent. Teigyr (which I found on a Gaelic site) seems to combine all of the above.

Explanation of your avatar: Go Team Venture! Wait, you mean I can have an avatar?! Seriously, Molotov is a character on the Venture Brothers.

Age (general or specific) 44....happened way too quickly.

Favorite bike: All of them are too darned pretty but a steel frame Colnago would be incredible!

What's in your stable? Bianchi Alloro and an Orbea Marmolada

Fastest speed on a road bike? I am THE goddess of wussiness. I think I went 35 mph once on my mountain bike when I had road tires on it...other than that I'd say maybe 25 mph? Hate the downhills, absolutely hate them.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Not too many pictures taken.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: But it was on sale!

Most memorable moment on my bike: I was on a bike trail at the beach in Southern California (where I'm from) riding the Bianchi. I worked at LAX and was in El Segundo right under the flight pattern. I crested a hill to see one of my jets taking off (I think planes are pretty also). I had the ocean on one side, plants and flowers on the hillside on my otherside and overhead was the plane. That moment put all the segments of my life together and it was the strangest and most incredible feeling.

Most fun ever had on a bike? When I first started riding and didn't care about things like average, I was on a mountain bike. I would go riding in Redlands, Calif (if anyone knows where it is) and would alternate between streets and riding through the orange groves. Everything was such an adventure!