Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

The not too fun part of being in a quiet house, is that I sometimes suffer from Tinnitus - also known as a really annoying ringing in my ears.

Pure silence can be very noisy, so I need to have some noise in the background (ie fall asleep with the TV still on).

My current fav distraction is Lifestyle channel of Foxtel (cable TV). Watching the Antique Roadshow & house makeover shows is a good distraction (and I learn some useful stuff too)

home alone. Let's see. I'm married to a 56 year old boy with ADD. I kid you not. When he used to go away a lot on business trips (Katrina, Charley, Frances, Ivan and Jeanne, oh, and Rita too - hurricanes!) I completely dismantled his office and painted it. and our bed room (separate trips)
    I plan big projects.
    When he's gone just for a day or an evening, I scale back. I have the kind of fun I can't have while he's there; well, I can, but it's not as easy; big baking projects, painting...

We both like the same music though, so whether he's home or not, the CD is stacked with wonderful music and then left to cycle.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

The cooking channel. It's the only time I watch TV.
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

Starfish and Zen.

And that is why I ride my bike...
    Dar

I sort of live alone, if you don't count the 2 cats and the dog. Bonnie (cat) lets me know the sun is rising and she's HUNGRY, so sleeping late isn't an option even on weekends. Well sleeping late for me is sleeping all the way to 7.

So, my current things to do to keep busy after work, when I'm not petting kitties or the dog, is a goldwork embroidery project, and making renaissance era bobbin lace. And making a baby quilt for my neice, who's now 1 mo old

And in my spare time, go for bike rides. Now that it's cooled off somewhat, the grass isn't growing as fast so I don't have to mow every freaking week.
    Beth

I live alone 3/4 of the year even though I'm married (well...not "alone" we do have 2 fur children)! Like everyone else I ride my bike, do projects around the house (my favorite is rearranging and then when DH comes home he doesn't know where anything is), and travel to go see him when I can.

When I have the house to myself, the first thing I do is pour myself a tasty beverage and clean the house. My DH is a clutterbug, so it's the one time I know that when I clean it it will last for more than a day. In the evening, I'll either re-watch some of my favorite movies, or watch some of the trashy cable TV shows that I know he hates but I secretly enjoy. During the day, I'll do pretty much what I would do any other time, but I sleep in longer and don't have to worry about our schedules matching up.
    "Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There's something wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym." -- Bill Nye

I am not home alone too much, but when I am I guess it depends upon what the weather is like. Last time DH was out of town I went for a nice long hike up in Rocky Mountian National Park. Took a little nap at an alpine lake then went home and made a 4 course dinner. On days where the weather isn't the best I spend time in my sweing room working on quilting projects.

I am not home alone often, when DH traveled for work I cleaned like crazy. He hated the job so I made it my duty for him to have a nice place to come home to. Now I usually just get a few hours. I watch Sex and The City on DVD or Discovery Health and look for the end of the internet.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Quote Originally Posted by mountainchick View Post
    I live alone 3/4 of the year even though I'm married
    That's my kinda marriage
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Normally, I treat myself to food that hubby dislikes - brussel sprouts, cookie dough, etc. (not together ). However, I'm living by myself for a couple months now so I'm whooping it up by unpacking boxes.

Whoop. Whoop.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

You shoulda packed cookiedough into all the boxes so you had a steady stream of little treats to keep you motivated...
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

Darn. Now you tell me.

Ooh, ooh, ooh. The Bobs are coming to visit over Thanksgiving. Maybe I can go hide some beer and chocolate in the remaining boxes so Jobob'll help.

My mom was so lucky - Dad was in the Navy and was at sea for half the year. I got used to a manless house until my brother got older.

Now I'm married to a guy who is home every night at five, like clockwork. He has such a routine. Next week, due to the holiday, he has to work 3 ten hour days in a neighboring state. I suggested he stay with his ma who lives in said state, to save gas (Huge!) and the headache of leaving at 4:30 and returning at seven. So he agreed.

I'm gittin' three days ALONE.
    My daughter and I are gonna watch frock flicks (Persuasion, Emma, Mansfield Park... throw some ideas my way!) and cook brownies every night (and not clean up til ten minutes before he comes home.)
    I can do five more miles.