Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Cross in the snow???

To disable ads, please log-in.

So if it snows tomorrow at Plymouth (assuming I manage to get myself there, which I hope to) ... are there any special tricks I should know about concerning what to do or bring... like for example: studded snow tires? Ice picks to climb icy runnups? Sled dogs?

Not sure about the cross-in-the-snow protocols...

BRING IT ON! It snowed in upstate NY this week....

We haven't had to race in the snow here yet, and it looks like the forecast is more for rain in Plymouth tomorrow than snow... One thing I will recommend - put spikes in your shoes. This will help you with traction when you are running ('cause I'm guessing that in the snow, there will be more of that than riding ).

Good luck to you tomorrow! My race isn't until 12:45, so I'm not sure if I will see you or not.

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

Wow you are quick with the response!! Thanks capt, and goodluck tomorrow

I've never raced in the snow, but watched one race with snow on the ground last year. I don't think anybody work anything differently (other than a few more layers). I'm not looking forward to our December race because it's sure to bring snow (and miserable cold winds).

Good luck with your race!

Spikes in your shoes, pam (yes cooking oil spray) on your cleats before race and at the pits if you need it later. Little balls of ice can form on your cleats - sometimes you just can't get back in so you end up riding on little balls of ice between you and the pedal - of course all of this depends on the temperature. Cross in the snow is the only way to go! Love it!

The worst snow cross day I ever did, the snow was about 1 1/2 feet-2 feet deep at least and really weird snow conditions! Saturday, I could barely ride; Sunday (the districts) was a little better. Because Saturday was so bad, I put flat pedals on my bike and wore my hiking boots to race in - Go ahead laugh! It was the best race I ever had - I did not get lapped by the pro mountain biker!