Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Excellent commute today

To disable ads, please log-in.

So I took my first clipless fall today, roughly 4 months after I switched over. I was going down this fast downhill, that has a stop sign at the bottom. It came up on be a bit fast, there were cars coming so I had to hit the brakes pretty hard. Came to a perfect halt, then sort of hung there for a moment. I forgot I was clipped in, tried to move my foot to stand, thought "Oh crap..." then toppled over in slow motion. I swear it seemed to take like 10 seconds!

Brushed myself off and got back in the saddle. Ended up racing a newer Dodge 1500 through the stop signs over the course of about 4 or 5 blocks, I managed to stay in front the whole time.

Made it to class with a couple of scrapes and dirty pants, but all in all I feel good about today's ride. Just thought I would share.

cool, STein!
    I had a pretty good commute today too, and i did NOT fall down.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

We all have had those falls. One of my friends told me a funny story about a fall like that. He apparently forgot to unclip and fell over on top of a car that was stopped at the light. I can just picture him leaning over on the car trying to unclip. I don't think the driver thought it was funny but I sure do.