Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi Lynette,

Great! I won't know if I can make it until it gets closer to the time ---but if I do get to ride this year maybe we can connect at the event.

Carol
    "It never gets easier, you just go faster." -- Greg LeMond

Traveller - Absolutely!!!

Lynette

Me, too! Me, too!

I'm riding with Lynette, and about 8 others!

Hey, SurlyGirl, I spent a week on Vinalhaven island many years ago with my (now) ex-husband. Got the best lobsters ever fresh from the water. I think the lobsterman's name was Henry Gross. We rented a house there. Great memories. Small world!

Louise
    Louise
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "You don't really ever have to fall. But kissing the ground is good because you learn you're not going to die if it happens."

-- Jacquie "Alice B. Toeclips" Phelan, former U.S. national champion cyclist

lobstah ride

I'm signed up for the 50! Hope it's good weather, as I am thinking of camping in a nearby state park (not to mention for the riding).

small world

Hi Quint41
    Sorry I didn't reply, been off the boards awhile.
    Yes Vinalhaven is a great place. We sold our place
    up there this year which makes me very sad. To many
    family members after 3 generations to divide the time
    fairly. Just got to complicated.
    Best Lobsta I ever had we bought right off the boat there.

Lobster Ride & Roll

I just completed the Lobster Ride and Roll... Awesome ride! I completed the 100 mile ride... great scenery (even in the pouring rain)... Friendly people! Great food! (except last sag) but that stop was at a Maine Lighthouse.... so that made up for eating peanut butter on a fig bar! The Lobster Roll at the end was the best! Light traffic, fun hills, both up and down and again, beautiful scenery!

I did the lobster ride last year. What everyone says is true - well supported, energetic people, good food at the end :-) I did the century and the roads on the last 1/2 really needed to be repaved, but no complaints other than that.
    Here's a link to the route and elevation. If you're doing the 50 it's just the last 50 miles of the century:
    http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united...d/422868514590