Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Arrow WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE - 7 Weeks-10#'s

To disable ads, please log-in.

Good Morning Ladies!
    I have a resident 10#'s on my rear end that seems not to want to leave. There are roughly 10 weeks until Christmas and I don't want to join the statistical group of Americans that gains weight over the holidays. I have 4 birthdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, 2 potlucks, 5 date nights, 1 anniversary, 1 trip, 1 conference, and holiday baking staring me in the eyes.

I am challenging anyone on this site to a 7 Week, 10 pound weight loss Challenge.

You will be responsible for logging in with your weight on Monday and Thursday. How you want to go about the weight loss is up to you. You will also need to check out your weight on a Body Mass Indicator to find a healthy range.

I will be using the WW Core plan, which can be found on this forum with the following search : WW Core Plan

Here's my weight for the day :

We can use this forum to encourage each other, give healthy snack ideas, and be a support for one another when we want to pig out!

Now - put those chips away and let's get rolling (um, or let's get going so we won't be rolling, sorry )

Flybye - great timing! I'm in but I'll have to weigh in tomorrow (unless you want my weight fully dressed with my wool pull over and hiking boots on the shipping deparment scale )

I'm going back on the Power 90 program for what that's worth. My bootie and belly have to go!
    Dar

Quote Originally Posted by mtbdarby View Post
    (unless you want my weight fully dressed with my wool pull over and hiking boots on the shipping deparment scale )
    What the heck, I'm in too. I don't have a scale, so I'll sneak into our shipping department to weigh myself tomorrow morning too - before my tea and cereal.

I'll be trying a modified paleo diet -- I'll be adding in whole, high-fiber grains and beans.
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

Can I join if I've only got 5 more lbs to go? I promise it'll take me just as long.
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

Cool game on!

I started back on WW Online a couple of weeks ago when I realized all my pants had become entirely too snug. I even started dipping into my emergency size 12 stash.

I'm on the Flex plan.

I started out at 155 lbs and my goal is 145. Today I'm at 152.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by kelownagirl View Post
    Can I join if I've only got 5 more lbs to go? I promise it'll take me just as long.
    Yep, but we can't declare you the winner

Love to have you and everyone else...............

Watch out ladies, I will be needing a little less spandex come January

Ooo, I'm in! I've been dieting for the past 6 weeks or so with pretty good success but the past two weeks I've gotten a little complacent and lax. I want to lose 7 lbs in 7 weeks.

Weight today: 122
    Goal: 115

Hopefully this thread will help keep me away from the nut jar!!!! (My biggest downfall).

I'm using the food/exercise manager software from Calorie King (www.calorieking.com). You do have to buy it, but I highly recommend it (you can download a free trial for 5 days or a week or something).

I'm absolutely in! I'm a South Beach gal that needs a little more self discipline but I have lost almost 20lbs this year. Does anyone want to do inches/measurements too? I like keeping track of that as well.

We could always make it a little more interesting and all chip in a water bottle or inexpensive accessory that will to go the winner.

Today's weight - 163
    Today's measurements - *gotta find my tape measure first*

Lora

Me too! Me too! Hopefully the accountability will help me out.

The Plan: 1600 calorie a day diet (the one my doctor gave me)

Today's Weight: 176.5 BMI: 27.8
    7 wk Goal Weight: 166 Goal BMI: 25.5
    Ultimate Goal: 150 Ultimate Goal: 22

I had a body comp done and got my official BMI. If I went by a standard calculation, it would be higher. I should have another body comp done mid december, so I'll be able to update again then.
    Last edited by limewave; 11-05-2007 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Added BMI

OK, you've talked me into it to. My whole winter goal (3 months) was to lose 10#. So you've just ramped it up a little more. My riding partner and I were going to start this amongst ourselves when she came back from a 2 week vacation in Florida, (where I hear from her son that she is either belly up to the bar or at the beach..that's life.) Good thing I ate the whole pkg. of girl scout cookies last night and didn't save them for today. . I don't have scales, but my last weight was 147#-that was pre-girl scout delivery of course. Goal 137, but would love 125-130 but think that if I could lose even 5# that would be like a miracle. When I initially lost weight..from 180 to 136, I did not use any particular diet. I just was strict at what I ate, I ate all the normal foods but instead of 3 pieces of pizza, I ate 1. I put cottage cheese on all of my salads instead of dressings, I had desserts- I ate a 1inch by 1 inch piece, candy bars I would divide into 3 servings and eat them over a week. I never deprived myself and of course I exercised like 2 hours a day-treadmill, eliptical and then did whatever cardio show happened to be on FitTv at that time. Then when I hit my goal, I stayed that weight for 1 year, then I became very lax in my diet and exercise-but I started biking and put bulk muscle under some padded thighs..Would love to lose the padded thighs/butt and show off all my muscle tone..WOW..sorry for the ramble..Just wanted to let someone know that they didn't need to buy into a diet plan or do a special diet to lose weight..BUT everyone is different. I had a friend that lost almost 60# on the Atkin's diet. It worked for her. Main thing is watching the intake of good healthy foods vs. chips, snacks, poor choices to fill the void. Again, Sorry for the ramble..To get back to the beginning..count me in.

What's all this talk about a winner? I thought we all wanted to be losers.

I don't want to make this into a race or anything ... I'm just looking for support and encouragement.

Like during the dreaded 3 to 4 pm timeframe when I'm tired & cranky and my thoughts turn longingly to the doughnut box in the break room.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Argh! If Jo can do it, I can, too. I've been skipping my usual WW meeting, so I won't weigh in til Sunday.

I know the off season is the time to lose, so I just have to get going on it!!

Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

I would like to join in. I have been talking about losing these 10 lbs for months now, so I suppose it is time I put up or shut up. I like the idea of measuring, too.

I don't have a plan so to speak. I eat clean now, just too much! Portion control is my issue.

I weigh 147. Goal is 135. I will post my measurements tomorrow morning.
    I am never down. I am either up or getting up.

Okay, I'm in, too, because I can't seem to do it on my own.

This morning's weigh-in was 136. I was planning on a slow loss of 15 or so lbs. by my birthday in March, but will try for 10 by January if it's just fat I'm removing. I'll just be eating carefully and being especially mindful of portion size.

I saw a nutritionist several months ago, but really need to make an appt for a body comp analysis. I keep putting it off, but I'm holding the business card in my hand right now. I WILL make the call. Maybe the results won't be as bad as I think.

November-December is a difficult time for me to keep from mindless eating at work. People receive goodies from others at home and bring them to work to get them out of the house. Many of our vendors send big boxes of See's candy and the like in December. Drives me nuts!

I hope we can all support each other through the difficult times and cheer the successes.

Thanks flybye, for starting this thread. Good luck everyone!
    Health is the thing that makes you feel like now is the best time of the year--Franklin Pierce Adams

What great timing! I'm in!

I've been sick with the flu for a week now and yesterday was my first day feeling like a real human. I'm still not up to exercise just yet, but I'm hoping by tomorrow I'll feel like getting back at it.

My goal is more than 10#, but I'd LOVE to be 10 lbs closer to it by Christmas.

I actually must have had some foresight as I took all my measurements on Saturday. I don't have them with me, but I can post them when I get home tonight. I'll weigh tomorrow morning 'officially', but my guess is that I'm near 159 (UGH!).

I will be following my own general healthy eating plan, but it's similar to South Beach in content. I also have Fitday PC version, so I'm working on how to get that set up to fit my lifestyle and once I do, I'll be recording all my intake there.

Yay for accountability...I need it!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom