Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm in! I'm new to TE. This is my first post. My starting weight is 160.5.

Ok, I too was too shy to post my stats, but really, get over it girl!! (talking to myself, of course!)

Weight 171.5
    chest 39
    waist 34
    hips 39
    thigh 24

Laura
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain

Wow, first day at it and I sucked. Stopped at Starbucks for hot chocolate and banana loaf for breakfast (since I've been sick, thought I deserved it, talk about emotional eating). Then inadvertently ate 3 mini snickers at work from the candy bowl. And I didn't exercise since I still felt sluggish (maybe I haven't been sick all week, but coming down from a sugar rush )

They always say writing down what you eat is enlightening, tomorrow will be better, having to come clean here is going to be helpful.

Good luck to everyone else!

I did not eat any candy. Even better, I did not eat any of my own cookies that I brought to the meeting to share.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I will not eat any of my son's halloween candy tonight.

I just ate a bowl of peaches instead. Just have to get through 3 more hours. I can do it.
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

I'm in . . . I want to lose 13 stubborn pounds. I currently weigh 138 pounds. I would love to get back to 120 but would settle for 125!

Grrrrrrrr

Kelownagirl . . . I've been eating Halloween candy all week as a snack with my lunch! I took the left over Halloween candy to work to get rid of it but low and behold I've been eating it too! Yea, out of the house but not out of my mouth!

I need more will power!

So I'm in!

I'm on this challenge!

Been reading through the thread, and it makes for interesting reading. More in a moment

Canuck, of COURSE you can follow a diet plan while you're not exercising! In a way, it's easier than if you are exercising. Things to consider -- don't skip meals, do small, frequent feedings, and don't skimp on protein -- you have body parts healing, and they're going to need some!

So, back to interesting!

I'm reading through here, noting that as the collective we are posting our starting stats, the collective we are making comments about our own, personal stats. Nobody has said anything positive about their numbers.

It makes me a little bit sad --

Others of us would be THRILLED with those numbers, believe me!

So, here are MY stats, and dammit, lousy as they may sound, I'm PROUD of them!

Yesterday morning, I weighed in at 177 pounds, nekkid, on my home scale. As long as I keep it in the exact same spot on my bathroom floor, it's consistent, but it weighs four pounds heavier than my doctor's scale, which is a more accurate one than I have, and this means I now weigh a paltry 173 pounds.

I'm 64 inches tall.

As of yesterday, for the first time since about 1990, I am OVERWEIGHT! And yes, that's a GOOD thing!

Measurements --
    bust 38
    waist 34
    hips 41
    thighs 25-ish

Everything in my closet, except the new ski jacket and the warmer bike clothes, is too big these days, and proud as I am to be where I've worked my butt off to get, I'm up for the task of another ten or more by year end, and I'm really looking forward to it all falling off!

Karen in Boise

Good for you, Karen! You should be proud!!

Solobiker - how tall are you? Your measurements are very close to mine, so I was just curious what else we had in common.

I'm very proud to say that since the bag of candy corn I bought in September, I have not eaten a single solitary piece of halloween candy!
    Go me.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Is it too late to join? I'd like to set a goal of dropping 10 pounds, then I'll set another goal of 10 more. I've stayed at the same weight for a long time now and even though I'm about 20 pounds overweight, I had accepted that weight loss at my age is just hard. I work to maintain this weight.

Yesterday I had a doctors appointment about my cholesterol numbers. He told me to exercise (I do) and eat healthy (I try) and drop a few pounds (I'll try harder) and come back in 6 months. Hopefully it will be lower and I won't have to get on medication.

So, it is a perfect time to join this thread. Yesterday and today I've done fantastic. What do you snack on when you are trying to lose weight? My one small snack today was cottage cheese and a tiny bit of pineapple. It was pretty good! Thanks for the thread and support.
    "Chisel praise in stone; write criticism in sand."

Thumbs up

Well Kano, I can definitely be positive because I'm nearing the end of this journey. Here's where I started, and here's where I am now, more than a year later btw.

height 5'3" most of my life 105-115 lbs.

weight: 141 - 120
    bust: 38.5 - 35
    waist: 33.5 - 28
    belly: 37 - 34
    hips: 41 - 36
    upper thigh: 22.5 - 20
    calf: 14 - 14
    pant size: 12 - 4

My advice is don't expect miracles 2 lbs a week is ok in the beginning but overall it's more realistic to lose a pound a week. And try to change your eating habits, not just "diet". And when you fall off wagon, just get back on - 15 minutes later, or 15 days later. And I have learned that I can only "maintain" my weight by diet alone, or exercise alone - to lose, I have to do both. But that might just be me. YMMV.

Sandra - I eat an apple in the morning, 1-2 ryvita whole grain crackers with 1T (each) low fat cream cheese after school, and another 100 cal. snack in the evening if I'm wanting to nibble.

I love cheese but it's high in fat and cals so I weigh it and only eat 1/2 oz. I sometimes buy the 100 calorie bags of stuff. It's kind of dumb and not very healthy but sometimes I want to eat crap and that way I get a taste without overdoing it. I am pretty good about not opening multiple packs but have no willpower with a regular open bag. I LOVE cottage cheese and sometimes in the evening, I will eat 1/2 cup with 1 pkg splenda and 1T unsweetened cocoa powder. I mush it up pretty smooth. It's very chocolately but low fat and I like it but it grosses out a lot of people. Fruit, baby carrots, snap peas are all snackies for me too.

I also hope I'm not too late to join.

I weighed in at 137 yesterday, but I was at a banquet tonight, and I overdid it. I'd like to get down to 125 by the end of the year, but I think that may be overly optimistic. Hopefully you gals will help keep me on track.

Jo

motivation

My motivation is to never, ever, EVER look like this again.

I was teetering around 170 here.

That's when I started WW the first time around and got down to around 150.
    Last edited by jobob; 11-06-2007 at 09:03 PM.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Kelowna --

slicing and weighing is handy, and so are those hundred calorie things. I admit to making DH crazy with creating serving-size portions of stuff. He actually asks if it's okay if HE eats that food, when of course, the point is to make it EASY for me to not overdo! My current "junk of choice" is to buy those silly jello pudding and jello cups -- the sugar free ones -- because, like you mentioned with regular sized packages of junk, it's way too easy to get mindless once the package is open!

Not skipping meals has been a key item for me -- and plenty of water rather than diet sodas. And fast food -- dunno how long it's been since I've been through a drive-through!

Then there's a healthy dose of FEAR: it's kept me out of the Halloween candy! I know that one of those fun sized bars is an okay treat, and it would be okay if I only had one of them in the house, but I'm pretty sure I'm not ready yet to eat one and leave the rest! For now, while there's crap in the house, I like the fear! (I also like that the new ski jacket is size ten! It's remarkable how motivating new clothes with a smaller number can be!)

Karen in Boise

Karen in Boise--you ROCK!

Someone said their weight crept up and they wore the same size clothes? Well, when we moved here 4 years ago I weighed 170. My highest weight is 206, and except for a pair of Land's End jeans (18), I haven't worn anything but a 16 the whole time! Of course, pants/jeans were looser or tighter depending on my weight. But I would love to change sizes! (I have some size 14 stretch Levi's that fit fine right now, and the 16s in the same model are a little too big, but I don't mind the way the look in either size, so that's curious.)

In fact, for our cruise at the end of January, I'm planning on buying ALL NEW CLOTHES, and if they have to be 16's I'm going to be upset!

Give me a bump for keeping on keeping on!

Karen