Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

To disable ads, please log-in.

Oh Lynette - I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Grieve for as long as it takes. Just one day at time is all we can do. I lost my dog in August and I still miss her. ((Hugs)).

Doing good this week. Four days of clean eating and working out and I'm feeling good. Just 3 more months of this and I should be in good riding shape
    Dar

Haven't written in a while, I hurt my back so I have not been able to do any form of exercise. I even tried walking which hurt it more. I have been trying to stretch and do yoga as it is a muscle imbalance but that has made it worse too. Even tried E-stim at work and heat which made it hurt more So i pretty much stopped everything and it slowly is starting to feel better. So, to make a long story short I am up 1#, and not eating the best. Weill get back on track

Quote Originally Posted by solobiker View Post
    Haven't written in a while, I hurt my back so I have not been able to do any form of exercise. I even tried walking which hurt it more. I have been trying to stretch and do yoga as it is a muscle imbalance but that has made it worse too. Even tried E-stim at work and heat which made it hurt more So i pretty much stopped everything and it slowly is starting to feel better. So, to make a long story short I am up 1#, and not eating the best. Weill get back on track
    Sorry about your back. It is hard to slow down sometimes. Hope you are feeling better and getting back on track!

Well, my friends, I am definitely back!

First, and foremost, let me begin by thanking everyone for their support. I really did need some time to grieve the loss of my precious kitty.

But now I am much better. I still haven't been logging my food or exercise, but I am definitely back on track. I had a killer swim practice tonight - one of those practices where your arms hurt so much that you can't even lift them up to wash your hair after practice. And tonight for dinner I had fish, potatoes and green beans.

So I am feeling good about my weigh-in tomorrow. I am back wanting to be at "140 point something". I haven't made it there yet.

I'll post tomorrow morning after I weigh in.

Lynette

140.2 !!!

Next Stop - 139 point something!

Lynette
    Last edited by Over50Newbie; 12-08-2007 at 06:16 AM.

Is a new thread getting started each week?

I couldn't see an obvious new thread for the weight loss challenge, but there were no posts for the last couple days, and a few people were interested in changing threads each week. If that happened, I hope somebody comes back here and finds me!

If I'm found: Kudos to everyone who's sticking with it despite the dreaded holidays!

I've been swamped at work, but we just finished a major milestone and I'm back. The water weight was water weight, and dropped off, but then I had several encounters with ollalieberry pie and cream of artichoke soup.

But they weren't fatal encounters. I'm at 166, but that's still down 4 lbs from the 170 I started at. And today I rode almost 65 miles, which is far for me. Can't even use up all the points that Weightwatchers said I get for that!

Lynette--glad you're starting to feel better after loss of loved kitty. It is tough to lose a pet, especially to have to make that final decision when you know they're in pain.

Limewave--why hasn't anybody made a horror film called, "Attack of the Swimsuits?" THAT would be a scary one!
    All things in moderation, including moderation.

I'm guessing the new thread will get started tomorrow since that's when people are weighing in. I fell totally off the wagon all last week so wasn't posting. It started when we had an appie supper and put up the tree on Tuesday. Made short bread, then sugar cookies. Bought candy. And haven't stopped nibbling since. Amazingly enough, I was down to 118 this morning so who knows. I have been running and riding the trainer so maybe that has helped. The real test is my weigh in tomorrow morning when I'm not dehydrated from wine. Even one glass drops my weight a bit and I rarely stop at only one glass on a weekend night.
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

I didn't disappear, life just keeps throwing me curveballs. Let's see, my friend died, I had to call the cops on my neighbor because he was freaking out on something and pounding on my door, and last night I lost my house key and had to have a locksmith drill through the lock at 11:30PM. I was definitely off the wagon, and didn't exercise as much as I have been. Saturday I had gone shopping and was shocked to find I had dropped a pant size! So I am very motivated to keep going even if the numbers aren't there. Hopefully I won't fall asleep while on the trainer tonight.

I'm on a training plan that I'm following to a 't', rode 111 miles on Saturday, a fast 50 yesterday, watching my diet, getting sleep, and I'm up 3 lbs. today. First day of that time of the month, but still, can I still be in the challenge without having to look at the scale?
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

Well, I haven't seen the new thread yet, so I will say here: Yay, thank you Lord, I am back on the diet wagon this week. Down to 164, started at 169. Have been working out this week, found a coach (!) yay!!! I am hopeful again about my goals for 2008.
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury