Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm in, I have been battling weight since I quit smoking 6 years ago. It seems every winter I lose 25lbs and every spring/summer I gain it back.
    I will sort of follow WW flex plan but mostly just calorie counting.
    starting weight 185.7
    weight of my dreams 127
    Jones

Count me in. I would love to have a holiday season where I do not gain! However, maybe with losing 10 as a goal and with the support here, heck, I'll give it a try.

Weight today 155

I'm going to try the 'don't eat fastfood and lots of sugar' diet

I'm in!! I am 53 and having a hell of a time losing weight since menopause. Hopefully this will be the incentive I need. The modified South Beach, higher protein approach seems the best for me.

Today's weight- 176.6 (yikes)

Goal- 150

Thanks for starting this thread.

hmm

I'd like to do a watered down version whilst on the injury sidelines!

Last time i weighed myself i was65kg. I'd like to maintain that or lose some whilst being unable to do serious exercise.

I shall keep an eye on what i eat & try some very gentle exercises.

good luck ladies!

c

I'm in, too!

Today:
    wt. 183
    Chest: 40"
    waist: 35"
    hips: 46"

I started discarding my excess weight on December 29th, when I weighed 206. I lost 15 lbs really quickly and then I plateaued all summer, while riding my bike. In July I went to be hypnotized to change my mind, and that has happened. My weight has gone down slowly, but I am much more fit than I was, and more importantly, my motivation is there.

Right now I'm doing a fitness boot camp and I only have 11 classes left--then it's not meeting for December, and I don't know if I'll be able to afford it again in January. I'm trying to work dog walks into my off days--but the problems I may be having with my iron stand in the way of that--I just get so tired. Though today I did have a chocolate milk to recover after my class, and I didn't need a nap today--so maybe it's something about glycogen stores being depleted.

I also use CalorieKing and tracking is the only way I know how to be sure of what I'm eating. You can use fitday and sparkpeople both for free, but I like not needing an internet connection to log. AND, CK has the most food in its database, hands down.

We're going on a cruise with the Barenaked Ladies in January, and I want to have to buy all new clothes!

Here's to us! ("Who's like us?" "Very few..." "And they're all DEAD!" pirate joke)

Karen

I put together a spreadsheet to keep track - any idea how I post it here?
    Dar

Talk about excellent timing! I just started reforming my diet today, been planning for about a week. I'm in!

Starting weight: 180 solid
    Goal weight by Dec. 24: 165

That's almost an even 2 lbs per week. Considering I've been practically living off fast food for the last couple of months (the reason I'm in this mess) if I can just get up off my rear, go to the store and cook for a change I should be in good shape. No pun intended, of course...

I would love to join in if you don't mind. I have 10 stuborn pounds. I am at 151 and hope to get to 141/140. Good luck to all of you

I'm in. I lost 25 pounds in the last year. I gained back 5 just recently, so I will go for 10 by Christmas. Thanks for the motivation, ladies!!

Laura
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain

Me, too! Last winter, my goal was to not gain any weight, but I knew it would be crazy to think that I might actually lose weight. This summer, I continued losing weight, so now I think I'm ready to use the winter to get rid of this extra 10 pounds.

Weight this morning: 152.8.

It'd be great if I could lose the last 10 pounds by February!

Tuckervill - Cruising with the Barenaked Ladies!? They're advertising that cruise on the radio in the mornings here in Chicago. I am so jealous! We're cruising, but not 'til February. I would much rather cruise with BNL.

Well I did start at 141 lbs but I'm currently down to 120 and trying to make it to 115.

So:

Start: 120 this morning.
    Goal: 115 lbs. (I used to be 105-110 so this should be a reasonable weight.)

Measurements I care about:

Waist: 28"
    Belly: 34" ( I hate that.)
    Upper thighs: 21" I think (also too much flab)

Also wanted to add I use Sparkpeople.com - it's free and has tons of resources for weight and fitness management.
    Last edited by kelownagirl; 11-05-2007 at 06:31 PM.
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

I'm in!

Current weight: 116
    Goal Weight: 105

Chest: 34
    Waist: 30
    Hips: 37
    Thigh: 21
    Upper arm (bicep/tricep, aka wings):11

Been under the weather and haven't exercised all week, but hopefully my body will kick into gear so I can reach my goal!
    Last edited by snowtulip; 11-05-2007 at 06:31 PM.

This is going to be the week from hell for me. Otherwise known as three stupid 90 minute meetings after work Tues., Wed. and Thurs. Did I mention I really hate meetings? Did I mention I'm really beginning to dislike my job? My class is nice, a little chatty... but I'm sick to death of all the testing we're doing and analyzing of the testing and analyzing of the analyzing... I just want to friggin' teach darnit.

Anyway... back on track here. Boring meetings make me want to eat. And of course to try to make all the depressed staff happy, my boss loads up our work tables with candy.

So, while I'd like to lose a few pounds. I'd really like to just make it through this week without eating too much junk.

Small, simple, attainable goals.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Testing, shmesting. I hate it too, but you guys to do even more of it. And the analyzing? Don't get me started. I try to take bags of safe snacks to the endless meetings so I don't eat the crap. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. 3-5 pm is a tough time for me.

Dar - can you save it as a jpg somehow?