Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: riding partner

Talking

To disable ads, please log-in.

sunday afternoon sounds great. i am interested in the oaks park ride. is it an actual path or is it in traffic? traffic still makes me a little nervous, but in numbers it may be better. i didn't know this but my boyfriend told me that on the east side of the willamette, going down on the waterfront toward omsi, it is all paved on that side. have you ridden this? he says it's great.

how about it ramona, are you in? spidey and i would love the company.

it's paved

Yes, they just finished paving that section. I rode it and it was really nice. I wasn't sure how smooth it would be so I rode my mountainbike, but I will definitely take the roadbike out next time. We parked at the Oaks Park trailhead and road past OMSI along the river across the bridge, past heroin plaza, then back across the Hawthorne Bridge towards OMSI and back to Oaks Park. Great ride, no traffic. Only one little section is on back roads.

Cyndy

Talking

sounds lovely. heroin plaza? hmmmm. i may have missed something. where is this?

h plaza

Oh! We have nicknamed that part of the waterfront "heroin plaza" because the drug users hang out there.

Thumbs up

cute...... too bad it has such a bad reputation

I'm in, but would prefer Saturday. I've heard the Oakspark-OMSI ride is a good one, though short. The trail's supposed to be nicer than the Springwater...not as bumpy. But I do need to get out and ride!

We were tentatively going to dirt-bike with the kids (his & mine, hopefully) on Sunday, but my boyfriend's been sick all week, so not sure we're doing it. I'll have to be iffy on Sunday.

Let me know what you all decide! :-) ...R

saturday

Ramona, I'd ride on Saturday and/or Sunday. The Oaks Park ride loop was about 11 miles, took about an hour. Short, yes. I'm open to suggestions. I can easily ride longer. You can get ahold of me via email and let me know when. I'm flexible. email is spideysgirl@hotmail.com.

Thanks!
    Cyndy

Hi Spideygirl!

Looks like my weekend's shaping up differently than I'd planned. We're not going to dirt bike tomorrow, so I'm free, and today I have to take my son back to Salem. But boy is it a beautiful morning and soooo tempting! With luck, tomorrow will be the same!

How about around 11am tomorrow? We can meet at the trailhead at Oaks Park (I assume it's fairly obvious and easy to find?!). And anyone who wants, can join us. I may bring a boyfriend and daughter or two - tho that's pretty unlikely. I'll also post to a group I took a women's riding class with from REI. It was a neat group of women, many beginners on the clipping in, too.

Goddess, you in?! Let me know if 11 is a good time, then I'll post to the other group.

Come one, come all for a "Fist Day of December" ride!

Unhappy

won't be able to make it. so sorry, i will be downtown most of the evening on saturday and i am trying to figure out how to get the bike down there too. you all have a lovely time, and sooner or later, hopefully SOONER, i will be able to join you all.

such a gorgeous day today