Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

jackets with zip off sleeves

To disable ads, please log-in.

Does anyone have a favorite jacket where the sleeves zip off to make a vest. This is to replace my PI Whisper jacket. I want enough room for adding a layer if needed (I have a Sugoi jacket for colder temps) but not too much where it balloons with wind while riding.

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

~ JoAnn

Check out ground effect - Doctor Smoke http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/produc...il-DOC-RAI.htm

Happy riding

I have the PI vagabound II jacket and just LOVE it!! The fit is very trim, not poofy at all. How much you can layer probably depends on the size you buy, but the raglan sleeves make it easy to do reasonable layering. I've been wearing arm warmers under that I pull off as needed.

I have the Gore Passion Plus jacket. I love it. It's one of the best things, clothing-wise, I've bought for biking.
    Last edited by indysteel; 10-30-2007 at 08:36 AM.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Thanks, both of these seem to fit the bill as to what I was looking for.

I was looking at the Sugoi Versa, but by looking at the style I thank it may catch wind in it.

~ JoAnn

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    I've got a Gore Passion jacket too and between my hot flashes and working up a sweat, I'm pretty toasty.

I have the PI vagbond, don't know if it's I or II, but I LOVE it! I have worn it over a short sleeved jersey with arm warmers, also a tank top plus a turtle neck plus a long sleeve jersey. It does great with the wind and I love that I can zip the sleeves off if it gets warm. Nice and long in back for full coverage and a big pocket for extra gloves and the sleeves. Plus the whole thing packs up nice and small for easy stowage in a saddle pack, camel back, or jersey pocket.

Oh, and it has mesh over the shoulder blades so no wind poofiness (the sleeves go over this part for coverage but it still provides ventilation).
    Last edited by HappyAnika; 10-30-2007 at 10:52 AM.
    The best part about going up hills is riding back down!

I have the Cannondale Morphis jacket (mine is a few years old, but it looks the same as this year's in style...just different colors).

I LOVE it. It has the raglan zips, so not only can you remove the sleeves, you can unzip them a bit and treat them like pit zips...which I do often in the winter. There is mesh on the upper part of the vest (covered by the sleeves when they are on as they are all one piece...like a bolero), so there is no billowing.

It's not as light weight as the whisper jacket, but it's so versatile that I find I use it in TONS of situations.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

I have the Novarra Conversion: http://www.rei.com/product/724561?vc...HP_CYCLING_TOC. It suits me like baby bear's things suited Goldilocks, just right. I have a 2-year-old model. Then last year when UK wanted one the yellow fabric they had that year was yucky, so she got a blue one. This year the color looks better again, and yellow is definitely good for visibility.
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.

thanks everyone...it looks like I have quite a few jackets to look into.

~JoAnn