Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Cycling in Gisborne area???

To disable ads, please log-in.

Does anyone know whether there is a bunch ride in Gisborne? We are goinbg there for part of the Christmas school holidays & I'd like to go for a group ride?

Road Raven - I thought you might know as you are the closest.

Thanx L
    Last edited by nomummytummy; 10-30-2007 at 06:54 PM.

Well... there is a Gisborne Road Cycling Club
    http://www.gisbornecycling.co.nz/

They do have a link to their calendar of rides, so hopefully one/a few of those fit with your holiday plans

You just missed Gwaloop which they ran (I think the first time this year) a few weeks back
    http://www.gwaloop.co.nz/

I have only been to Gisborne once, and that was to support my lads doing the interclub competition between them and our club, Ramblers (2 rides up there, 2 rides down here) earlier this year

In 2008 I'm getting a bike racing licence and then I'll do the interclub with Gisborner too!

Don't know if you have been there before, NMT, but I was very taken with it... the beach is stunning. We stayed in the holiday park on the waterfront - very very nice. My youngest son couldn't sleep very well and was up very early on th Sunday we were there, and we went walking in the morning twilight - just beautiful.
    Last edited by RoadRaven; 11-04-2007 at 06:55 PM.

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

That's where we are staying. I saw more of NZ before I decided to stay here than I have since I married a kiwi. Funny how things change when you think you have forever to get around the country. It looks so beautiful and I quite like that it's chardonnay country.

Thanks for the links - I've heard that it's the "perfect" climate for cycling, warm but not too warm & very little wind. Sounds divine after Wellington.

Found the Gisborne Road club's website - they look very serious & race focused. Figuring I'll just ask around when we get there - there seem to be cyclists everywhere these days!
    Last edited by nomummytummy; 11-06-2007 at 10:22 PM.

I think the Gisborne club has a forum on that site... post a question about casual rides, or group rides that aren't racing... I'm sure you'll get some responses...

Too funny that we both stayed/will stay in the same place... we found it quite adequate and comfortable