Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Sleepless in Scottsdale!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Well, on Sunday we changed the clocks back...

...two hours later, I'm in a car heading to the Indy airport to climb on a plane that takes me two (or is it three) time zones over...

...to be kept up at a business dinner way past my body's time clock because our hosts are on Arizona time...

...to be awaken by my PDA going off at 3AM because it's still in the eastern time zone...

...to look forward to arriving in Indy at 11PM before I have to drive back to Bloomington, an hour away...

The human body is not built for this...

OK, I'm off the rant soap box. Sorry.
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Silver View Post
    Well, on Sunday we changed the clocks back...

...two hours later, I'm in a car heading to the Indy airport to climb on a plane that takes me two (or is it three) time zones over...

...to be kept up at a business dinner way past my body's time clock because our hosts are on Arizona time...

...to be awaken by my PDA going off at 3AM because it's still in the eastern time zone...

...to look forward to arriving in Indy at 11PM before I have to drive back to Bloomington, an hour away...

The human body is not built for this...

OK, I'm off the rant soap box. Sorry.
    I thought Arizona's time didn't change while everyone else's does anyhow, hope you catch a few winks. Jenn

You're right...they don't. That's why I really don't know what time it is right now (just kidding...I called the front desk...)

I thought they didn't do that daylight savings time stuff in Indiana, either... ???

Not much advantage to the extra hour here... went down to a Civil War reenactment in the southwestern part of the state, where we camped "campaign-style" (e.g., just sleeping on the ground wrapped in a blanket) Saturday night. Partner warned that he snored a little bit... boy, if that's a little bit, I'd sure hate to see what a whole lot sounded like. And with the time change, I got to listen to a whole extra hour of it ;-)

Got up a little early, loped out to the parking lot, changed into the bike duds, and took a ride around the area on the MTB to get the systems going again. Did get a bit of a nap out on the battlefield later when they parked us out there in the sun at noon waiting on the 2 p.m. battle

I know exactly what you are going through! I am sympathetic.
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

It's 4:30
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Indiana does do Daylight savings time now. But just started Last year. But that was just for the part of the state that was Eastern. The parts that were central always did daylight savings time. The southwest corner and the north east corner are central time. But home one is in Central and home two is in eastern. When Mr. first started working this arrangement, the time was the same in both places. Central daylight time = Eastern STandard time. Then the time change.....Central standard Time vs. Eastern standard time, then the eastern time zone areas adopted daylight savings time, so now they'll never be the same. Now if we could just decide which counties are Eastern and which are central, something that goes back and forth each year.
    "Being retired from Biking...isn't that kinda like being retired from recess?" Stephen Colbert asked of Lance Armstrong

Ewwww..... I dislike the time change. Can't we just pick one and stick with it? I have trouble adjusting for just the one hour let alone having to adjust for different time zones. So traveling during the time change sounds like a PITA. Sorry you're having to go through that Mr. Silver.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

2007 Rodriguez Adventure/B72
    2009 Masi Soulville Mixte/B18
    1997 Trek 820 Step-thru Xtracycle/B17

Quote Originally Posted by silver View Post
    Indiana does do Daylight savings time now. But just started Last year. But that was just for the part of the state that was Eastern. The parts that were central always did daylight savings time. The southwest corner and the north east corner are central time. But home one is in Central and home two is in eastern. When Mr. first started working this arrangement, the time was the same in both places. Central daylight time = Eastern STandard time. Then the time change.....Central standard Time vs. Eastern standard time, then the eastern time zone areas adopted daylight savings time, so now they'll never be the same. Now if we could just decide which counties are Eastern and which are central, something that goes back and forth each year.
    I was discussing the time change earlier today with others and they said Indiana didn't change theirs. Then I thought of you and Mr. Silver, losing sleep in whichever time zone you ended up in LOL.
    I'm sure the switcharoo is confusing for ya'll depending which side of the state you're on.
    Jenn

I grew up in Ohio, with family in Indiana. I remember when on city wasn't always all on the same time. My mother says when she was a girl there was the train time, the city time, the bank time..............you get the idea. I don't know why we Hoosiers (I was born there) can't just make it one way..........and then leave it.

My body tends to "shut down" around 830pm so don't try to teach me anything new because honestly I will not be listening and I may even be a little grumpy. I can usually stay up and read, or sew but other wise I am not available for any high brain activity. It could be because I am up for work by 430am.

at least when you're suffering from sleep deprivation it will be overshadowed by the heat prostration - it's still 93 degrees here in scottsdale!!!!!!
    laurie

Brand New Orbea Diva | Pink | Specialized Ruby
    2005 Trek Madone Road | Pink | Ruby
    1998 Trek 5200 Road | Blue | Specialized Jett
    ???? Litespeed Catalyst Road | Silver | Terry Firefly

So, now I'm sleepless in Bloomington.

My plane arrived in Indy at 11:00, one hour drive to Bloomington.

It's 12:30 AM, I'm WIDE awake...driving at night gets me wired!

Tomorrow's going to be a long day.

The HEAT in Scottsdale was VERY NICE! I saw cyclists everywhere!

-1 here...
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast