Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Prolly too late for your first night, but I 2nd sleeping in a chair. I slept in one for 2 weeks once. I got quite good at it.

{{{{hugs}}}} I'm so sorry CC!!!!!!!!! If I wasn't across a big ocean I would ask you what I could do to help. Get better and rest!! I know how hard it can be to not be able to do anything, but trust me it is necessary!(I went to the gym to do upper body 2 days after knee surgery and ended up passing out on tile floor when I got home-not worth it!!) Lots of rest, catch up on tv and movie time:-)

CC: - What a nasty crash! Hope you heal up fast!

Gee CC, what a crash!! I had a sternum/rib injury once (not a bike crash) and getting up from bed/moving in bed was the wrost. If you can get something to hold on to with your other hand (back of a chair or something like that next to the bed) it might help. Pillows; semi-reclining should help. Take care and heal!!

I would 4th what LBTC and Lightsabe r said
    Also 2nd what DebW said about concussion. It is really not something to take lightly. Take it very very easy for a week or so. It's the only brain you've got.
    Thoughts and prayers ...

All you need is love...la-dee-da-dee-da...all you need is love!

OH NO!!!

Sorry to hear about your crash CC. Listen to the great advice here, there will be plenty of other brevets. Rest up and give your body time to heal.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

(((((((((CC)))))))))))

Hope you feel better soon.

+1 what everyone else is saying about being kind to yourself.

I'm going to head off to look up some stuff on sternoclavicular dislocations. These are very different from the more typical acromioclavicular dislocations which is what people usually have when you say "dislocated clavicle".

I'll let you know if I find something interesting.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Ouch!

The best advice I have is to give yourself permission to rest, and allow your body to heal. Time off of the bike is hard, but sometimes it is what your body really needs - and unfortunately this sounds like one of those times.

I'm sending healing wishes to you (along with everyone else).

--- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

Ouch, CC...please take care of yourself...
    CR400, I hope you are feeling ok too...
    You both need rest and time to recoup!!!

Ouch!!! That sounds terrible, but I'm glad that Kim turned out to be such a nice guy & that things aren't worse... sending you good wishes & hopes for a quick recovery!

Anne

Ouch! I understand what the other posters mean about moving your arm as much as possible--but if you can't, you can't. I broke my collarbone in college (snapped it in two right about in the middle) and movement simply was not possible for several weeks. I had no problems with range of motion later. Good luck--collarbone injuries hurt!
    ~Jen
    2008 Trek Madone 5.1/compact double/Terry Butterfly
    My family's food and winemaking blog is www.flahertywines.com

Dear CC,

Sounds like you've had a very bad accident even though you didn't break any bones. I know the pain in the shoulder. I know the feeling of wanting to out riding after a big accident. And I am very aware of the discomfort in trying to sit up, lie down, breathing. I've been there too.

Please take it really easy for the first week or two and let your body heal a bit. It's one of the most important times when healing up. Then when you get an ok from the doctor, start your shoulder exercise. And its not going to be easy but please follow through religiously.

And that concussion, you might not think its a big deal but not remembering what month is an indication of how serious your concussion was. And not having the strength nor the sense of balance is another indication of ther seriousness of your concussion. Only thing you can do is to take it easy for a while and if you decide to get up and do things, make sure you have someone around you. I've been there too. It's not something to take lightly. And did the doctors kept waking you up like every hour on the hour for a short chat for the first 12 hours after the accident?

-------

Well, I wish we had more men like the one who you collided with. Sounds like he is okay.

Wish you a speedy recovery.
    smilingcat

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    What a nasty crash!! I'm so glad you weren't injured even moreso than you are, not that it wasn't bad enough. Your guy was pretty lucky too.

Please take it easy and allow your body to mend. It's working double time trying to heal and I know it's tough, but don't push it trying to do too much before you're ready. I know it's easier said than done.

Do you have a good book to read? A comfy comforter to cozy up with in the chair? Lots of green tea?

Sending you a big hug >>>>>>>CC<<<<<<<!!

**Hugs from Japan**

Hoping for a speedy and painless recovery

Ah, CC... HUGS!!!

You alluded to this crash in our recent PM-fest but I had NO idea it was this bad!

Let us know how the MRI goes, ok girl?

When I light a candle this evening, I'll be holding you close in my thoughts and sending you much healing energy...

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".