Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

50th B-day Next Year, any advice?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I would very much like to bike somewhere in the US for my B-day next year. Maybe do another century. Maybe just spend a few days in an awesome place in the US. What have been your most memorable bike rides? Any advice with biking or without would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclesome View Post
    I would very much like to bike somewhere in the US for my B-day next year. Maybe do another century. Maybe just spend a few days in an awesome place in the US. What have been your most memorable bike rides? Any advice with biking or without would be appreciated.
    How much time will you have? Is there an area of the country that fascinates you, that you'd like to visit with or without your bike? Are you thinking continental US? Or are Hawaii & Alaska in the mix too? What about Canada? Riding in Banff & Jasper is beautiful, and wandering the Maritime provinces on a bike is pretty awesome too. Maybe you could get some ideas by wandering through my cycling journals (link is below).

I was laid off just in time for my 50th, so I used that as an opportunity to take the trip I've been dreaming of for years - riding my bike across the country. That's not something I could fit into my usual vacation time though.

Have fun dreaming!

--- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

How about the San Juan Islands in Washington state?
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

My first thought when I read the subject line:

Have it, definitely!

Karen in Boise

my first thought was CAKE!
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager