Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by eleanor from nz View Post
    They WERE doing a 3 for 2 deal on it a month or so back. I'm not sure if that's still on....
    Have a 40% off voucher right here. Shall pass by with it on my way to or from the gym tomorrow. Must buy the Kennet Bros book too. How do I not own that?
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

I just finished Llamas and Empanadas - wow! I do not know if I have the stuff to do something like this. It is an amazing story, I'm looking forward to your next book.

Elanor, your photos are wonderful. my favorites are "sugar babies", "spices' and "road to the end of the world" you use a lot of natural light, what kind of camera did you use?
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    I just finished Llamas and Empanadas - wow! I do not know if I have the stuff to do something like this. It is an amazing story, I'm looking forward to your next book.
    I'm glad you liked it. Of course you have the stuff to do something similar. We all have it. Sometimes it just takes a little digging to unearth it...
    :-)

Quote Originally Posted by zencentury View Post
    Elanor, your photos are wonderful. my favorites are "sugar babies", "spices' and "road to the end of the world" you use a lot of natural light, what kind of camera did you use?
    I used an old school Nikon FG20 SLR. Fuji 400 film. I like the colours that Fuji gives the best. Seems to reflect what I see most accurately.

be sure and check out her slide show
    +++++++
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

say, i'm reading the book now and it is great. i'm only about 1/4 the way through but I wish I had your gumption.

Quote Originally Posted by kpokla View Post
    I wish I had your gumption.
    I bet you do, really.

When is it going to be available from a US publisher. I can't seem to get around to ordering it elsewhere.

--SK, the armchair world traveler

Maybe someone visiting from California soon will loan me her copy.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

This book has thrown a wrench in my travel plans. I've been diligently planning a touring trip to NZ next year and received wonderful advice from the ladies here. Then I ordered this book and dh read it first, as well as a touring Central American book and is completely wanting us to change our plans and head to Patagonia next year instead.

I just started reading the book and must admit it is calling to me. DH has indicated since I choose the last place we visited, he's allowed to delay NZ and opt for Patagonia for our next trip. What's a girl to do!!!

Eleanor, love the book so far, such an easy, flowing writing style!

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate View Post
    When is it going to be available from a US publisher. I can't seem to get around to ordering it elsewhere.
    Alas, it won't be published in the US. The closest you can get is to order it from Amazon Canada. Sorry about that!

Quote Originally Posted by snowtulip View Post
    he's allowed to delay NZ and opt for Patagonia for our next trip. What's a girl to do!!!
    Go to Patagonia, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by snowtulip View Post
    Eleanor, love the book so far, such an easy, flowing writing style!
    Thank you. I'm very glad you're enjoying it. It's so nice to be able to share what was a really wonderful trip.

Vagabunda was stolen?

How did that happen?

I just ordered the book from Amazon Canada (one click shopping is a dangerous thing!). I can't wait to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by sah View Post
    How did that happen?
    London Bike Thieves. They know their D-locks. Probably sold it for £30 up Brick Lane.