Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LA Area - November

To disable ads, please log-in.

Ok, who's doing what for November and does anyone want to get together and ride?
    I'm doing the Toru de Foothills on 11/10 and will be probably wil be down in SD test riding route for the Fleche I'm helping plan. I was going to do this on th 9th, but it's on hold with the wildfire situation.
    And of course, ther'es "My" brevet from Cucamonga on the 24th(for the crazt ladies )

Count me in for the Tour De Foothills. Amy and I both intend to do the short ride. We should meet up afterwards and plan our next ride! Someday we'll be ready to join you on one of your mega-rides...

Hey ladies, I would like to join you for the ride. I'll know for sure within the next couple of days. I'd like to do the metric, but I haven't been on my bike since the Waves to Wine, MS 150 at the end of Sept. (Had to SAG part of that). Work commitments have gotten in the way, and I am still semi-recovering from a bad crash I had on Labor Day weekend (knee, hip, thigh injuries). Anyway, I really want to meet all of you and the ride sounds fun.
    I'll let you know for sure.

Nina, the short ride on Tour De Foothills is only 30 miles....

Sounds cool! Aly talked me into the Tour de Foothills. Taking a day off of work and riding my bike... yeah, she really had to fight hard on that one. See you all there!

Okay ladies, I'm in. Will have to figure out a way to find each other, i.e., I need to find you. Maybe Fredwina can help with a location, or we can cell phone each other. Can't wait to meet you all!!

let me work on it. maybe the smoke from Lake Arrowhead will have cleared by then. It's still very thick out here.
    P.s I'll have Sliver and Red Cannondale with truck rack and Carbon fiber handlebars(gee, wonder why I call myself Fredwina? )

I sure hope the smoke has cleared!! Maybe I'll wear my AV jersey. That should be easy to spot.

there's a band shell on the South side of the park that should be a good meeting place

well, that was a bust!

It appears that the Tour De Foothills didn't quite turn the way had planned I really didn't want to try and bumpsince it appears that everyone had things come up.
    Plus some how I found on the front of 30-miler. It went prettey well. I didn't have to help anyone, unlike last year w/ Mr. NoToolsNoTube and an attitude
    I was at Cycling Connection's booth aprez ride.
    so, Do we want to try do something again?

I'm up for meeting some ladies for a social paced ride...

Maybe in the 20-30 mile range (or shorter/longer) whatever

I'm up for something - if I could just get my schedule to cooperate!!

I live right off the SGRT and ride it a lot.

another Idea:
    my club (Cycling Connection) will be holding women's rides on sunday in december at 2:30 pm.
    They're going to be low-key things.
    The bad news: you have to Drive all the way out to Rancho Cucamonga
    Take the 210 to Day Creek Go North(up hill) two lights:
    http://www.cyclingconnection.org/WomensSundayRide.html
    AliceStrong, How is the San Gabirel Trail? I've only done the section near azusa.
    Speaking of the San Gabriel River, I was planning riding up to Crystal lake either Thursday or Friday next week. The reason why i'm mentioning this is that there is a path(actually a closed road) from Highway 39 to Cogswell Dam:
    http://www.nearfield.com/~dan/sports...sgwf/index.htm
    It's Fairly Flat and pretty. I could arrange my schedule to ride along part of the way
    Last edited by Fredwina; 11-15-2007 at 02:38 PM.