Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

I like it. It's a great ride to Seal Beach for lunch at River's End.

Unfortunately last Monday a guy was jumped and his bike stolen. It's always better to ride the trail with a buddy. When I hear of things going down it always involves a lone rider. I always carry pepper spray myself. I have not personally had anything happen but I hear...

Thanks!
    I'm planninga Fleche' (24 hour) with buddy, and looks like we're going down the SGRT and up the SART. was thinking about a solo scouting expedition, but
    Do you have any opinosn about the Rio Hondo I work in El Monte, and would like to do a mixed Train/bike commutee, but the neighborhood here isn't the best. The Rio Hondo pretty much runs right behind my work location (Rosemead Blvd and the 10 Freeway)
    Last edited by Fredwina; 11-16-2007 at 08:49 AM.

The Rio Hondo is a mess right now and will be into 2008. It's closed for construction from Rush to Lashbrook and that whole area around Rosemead/Garvey is bike unfriendly. Congestion and closed lanes.

Don't get scared off the SGRT. It is no better or worse than the SART or Ballona. Use common sense that's all.

I live in South El Monte and almost never use my car so I know lots of good routes if you want to PM me about commuting.
    Last edited by alicestrong; 11-17-2007 at 09:38 AM.

I want to ride! I missed the Tour de Foothills because I pulled my groin muscle. It's an old injury that keeps causing me problems. I was off the bike for a few weeks, so I've slowed down quite a bit. Hopefully I'll get back up to speed before too long. Let me know if anyone plans anything.

That's OK!
    I went pavement surfing in Fontana on Saturday, so I'm out of it for a while
    Will let you all when I'm back in the saddle

Ouch! Heal up fast...

Fredwina, are you ok? I hope it wasn't a bad one...

Getting better.....
    This is really ironic.
    The City of Fontana decided to initiate a major Construction project on one of my brevet routes. i was out checking out an alternative when I hit a Blacktop/ Concrete Transition just right To further the irony. I just switch the route to the "new" way
    Got a whole bunch of Road rash, a sprained shoulder ,and a smashed helmet. To top it off REI refused to honor the Crash warranty on it (A Giro Monza). But, Competitive Edge actually gave me me the crash discount on a Specialized Decibel . I figure the Carbon fiber should be good for another 2mph