Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

BG ride, no notice, Sunday 21 Oct

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'd planned to go riding right after lunch, but my back is killing me.

Now I've GOT to go for a ride, or I'll turn into an evil monster. Anybody wanna do a quick 1-2 hr on the BG from LogBoom toward Red Hook? I won't be going fast, and I may have to stop to whine once in a while.

Thinking of leaving the house in about 20 minutes.

Unless my extra strength excedrin lets me down, and I end up going back to bed.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

ah, sorry, i was at the opera where Ipheginia was supposed to sacrifice her brother who killed her mother who killed her father etc... talk about melodrama!!
    In the end, Orestes' true friend (lover?) saves the day by sword fighting with the bad guys until the Goddess Diana came down from heaven in her dominatrix costume.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Hey, was that opera at McCaw? Because I took Bruno there to see my favorite sculpture, about an hour before the performance.

PS Knot, sorry about your back!
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

I went for a little ride in the rain. Made my back muuuuuch better!

I didn't get to see any dominatrixi, though... bummer.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

she was awesome. (Venus, not iphegenia)
    um, it was at the opera house on Mercer.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

That's McCaw Hall, which I too still call the Opera House. I love the sculpture that hangs from the ceiling in there, made from all the hardware store stuff. The artist periodically sneaks in and changes stuff, so whenever we go to the ballet, we have to check it out to see what's different. I think it's funny and clever and really fun to look at.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Knot - sorry your back was painful today, but glad that you got a ride in and felt better after...I had 'grand-dog' sitting to do and some cousins in town this weekend, otherwise I would've been game for a ride...