Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Sierra Trading Post, ridiculously cheap Ibex & Shebeest

To disable ads, please log-in.

Some Ibex stuff has just been reduced to around $20; plus Shebeest tights/jerseys over 50% off.

"If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Thanks for the heads up! I just bought some Shebeest shindiggers!

10% coupon

Great deals! Got some Shindiggers and Ibex . found and extra 10% off coupon:
    Coupon

So, I didn't get the same deal on the jacket, but I did get it in a fabulous color by going into the brick and mortar! (Ibex Cirque) Since it's not a bright, hi-vis color, I also picked up a screaming yellow vest by Zoot to wear over it, along with several pieces to wear under it that will also be delightful for skiing this winter! (and some new ski-socks!)

Oh -- there was the special treat too: a snuggly hooded "sweatshirt" from Mountain Hardwear, in a delightful fuzzy fabric!
    ( http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,59541_.html )
    Totally unnecessary, but it spoke to me, and I decided I must have it! (plus, it looks great with the hot chilly's zip-front mock turtle base layer!)

A huge chunk of the fun was that everything was smaller than ever -- some pieces are size Medium!

Going to the store is handy, I gotta admit -- trying the stuff on before purchasing is pretty important right now, when I have no idea what size this body has become through the summer!

Other stops today included REI, for some "windproof" pants and gloves. and Costco for a ski helmet. Ran out of daylight for a ride, darn it: I'm eager to try all my warm clothes!

Karen in Boise -- where it's about 20 minutes to the newest brick and mortar Sierra Trading Post store!

I just bought my FIRST peice...an Ibex switchback full zip for 85.00.
    Do you have this piece? Like it?

I was looking at the Cirque jacket, Karen....is it like warm and waterproof???!!

e
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by elk View Post

I was looking at the Cirque jacket, Karen....is it like warm and waterproof???!!

e
    I have the switchback full zip and i love it- very snuggly. Don't get it too small because it will likely shrink a bit when washed, plus you'll want to wear it OVER other things, using it like a lightweight wool jacket. Always wash it by hand or very gentle cycle room temp water. As with most good wool- don't wash too frequently. No dryer- lay it out to dry.

My best friend has the Ibex black cirque jacket and she wears it more than any other outerwear- she loves it and it looks very sleek on her. She has worn it for 2 years now. Not really for 0 degree F. temps- it's a warm jacket, but it's not a winter coat. You should call Ibex to find out if its waterproof. It's not described as a rain jacket. I've had great success with spraying Scotchgard type spray on my various jackets (and my shoes) to repel rain- might want to look into that.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa S.H. View Post
    I have the switchback full zip and i love it- very snuggly. Don't get it too small because it will likely shrink a bit when washed, plus you'll want to wear it OVER other things, using it like a lightweight wool jacket. Always wash it by hand or very gentle cycle room temp water. As with most good wool- don't wash too frequently. No dryer- lay it out to dry.

My best friend has the Ibex black cirque jacket and she wears it more than any other outerwear- she loves it and it looks very sleek on her. She has worn it for 2 years now. Not really for 0 degree F. temps- it's a warm jacket, but it's not a winter coat. You should call Ibex to find out if its waterproof. It's not described as a rain jacket. I've had great success with spraying Scotchgard type spray on my various jackets (and my shoes) to repel rain- might want to look into that.
    Thanks, Lisa. Winter here hovers around 40-50 damp degrees, so I don't need BIG warmth...
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by elk View Post

e
    I don't have the switchback -- just the Cirque jacket. I don't know about waterproof, and I'm not terribly worried about that. I have shells to put over it if I find the need -- but wet isn't an "everyday" condition here! It's also not too terribly cold -- a little cooler than Portland, but not what I consider cold, not after growing up in Minnesota! I have a feeling that the Cirque is going to be like, the perfect winter jacket for me! (I hate bulky warm jackets!)

Karen in Boise

Wow, Karen, on the one hand I'm totally jealous that some people can go down the street to Sierra Trading Post; and on the other hand I'm glad I can't because it would be BAD for my credit card ... I've gotten some amazing deals on cycling stuff there this summer and fall, and in the process probably spent a little more than I meant to ...

Quote Originally Posted by liza View Post
    Wow, Karen, on the one hand I'm totally jealous that some people can go down the street to Sierra Trading Post; and on the other hand I'm glad I can't because it would be BAD for my credit card ... I've gotten some amazing deals on cycling stuff there this summer and fall, and in the process probably spent a little more than I meant to ...
    Yeah, it was hard on my account....

WORSE, they had this deal, save 20% for just filling out the application for THEIR card! Didn't even have to wait for approval and use it to get that -- but when it arrives, I can go buy something and get a chunk of change toward the NEXT purchase...

Karen

Shebeest triple s shorts for $44.95 (not including the extra 10% off). It felt so good that I added a jersey just for fun!!

Thanks for the tip.

Just indulged in TWO Ibex pieces at STP...20% off coupon

See below....
    Last edited by KathiCville; 10-27-2007 at 06:59 AM.

Outdoor wear 60% off today at STPost (10/27)

Howdy.........I woke up to a treat in my e-mail this morning--a Sierra Trading Post notice that all outerwear is 60% off today. Three or four Ibex items are now very low: The Cirque jacket is $88, for example. I used a 20% off coupon from Sierra Woman and got it for around $70. Vests, Bregenz, and Switchback full-zip have also been reduced. Today only. The 20% off coupon "key code" is 58553.....Have fun!
    Last edited by KathiCville; 10-27-2007 at 07:01 AM. Reason: mispelled Bregenz; added coupon code

Shebeest is consistently some of my favorite shorts. I have purchased 8 pairs of buy with amazon. All of them are great, from the SSS to the SPro to this new model. The key is the contour of the panels and the chamois construction. The seams are perfectly placed so there's no discomfort on contact points. I ride about 125 miles a week and these are my go-to shorts. I use a coupon code 20$ Off the first $50 Amazon Prime Purchase with DealMeCoupon.
    https://www.dealmecoupon.com/amazon-promo-codes