Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Helmets and Hair

To disable ads, please log-in.

Looking for feedback. I have a Giro Pneumo and looking for a replacement. I always wear a cap under my helmet because helmets pull my hair. Also, I always wear my hair in a ponytail. I just bought a Laser Blade and like the fit until I put on a cap and pontyail which keep it from sitting down tight on my head. It's not going to work out.

Has anyone tried the Pneumo or Atmos women's models and do they seem to work better with our darn hair problem? Maybe that is the route I should take. I also saw someone's post that the Las helmet has a removable liner. This could be good for me because I may be able to avoid wearing a hat sometime. Although I still need it for the visor and in winter for warmth. What to do, what to do?

I wear a pneumo. I have long hear and wear it in a ponytail. I wear a headband. I am very comfortable wearing a headband (about 2 inches wide) under my ponytail in the back and with my ponytail pulled through the fit lock thingie. the fit lock thinkie does pull my hair under the ponytail if I don't have the headband under the ponytail. I wear a balaclava under it in the winter. It comes with a visor, but I don't use it.

In the following picture I do not have the headband under the ponytail

Last edited by silver; 10-07-2007 at 06:11 PM.
    "Being retired from Biking...isn't that kinda like being retired from recess?" Stephen Colbert asked of Lance Armstrong