Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

Question TE DC Monthly ride??

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey there.
    What happened to our monthly ride??
    MDHillSlug may be out for the count, and our time with KaliDurga grows short before she hangs up the bike in favor of hiking boots, but is there any possibility of a bike ride some time in October?
    I just upgraded the bottom linkage of my mountainbike, and I'm itching to try it out. Anyone up for a jaunt to Schaeffer or Rosaryville?
    Of course, I'm always up for a road ride, too.
    Options would be (for me, anyway) the weekend of the 13th or the 27th.
    Or...a ride mid-week somewhere. I've got plenty of annual leave built up!
    Thoughts?
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Too many places to ride, too few days in which to do so! Life has officially gotten in the way...

I'm working on the 13th, have a d$@#ed Board meeting on the 14th, and on the 27th I'm getting ready to leave for Fla on the 28th. I'm off on Wednesday 10/10, though, if you could swing that and would feel inclined to guide me on a maiden voyage through Schaeffer...

We're still paddling on 10/20 and doing the TE-DC Monument Ride on 11/3, right?

And, I have started to feel that itch to get back on the hiking trail lately. No reason you TE ladies couldn't join me, though. I'm happy to have anyone along with me who can be sufficiently quiet so's not to scare of the animals
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

HUH?
    WHAT?

You can't come on the canal this Saturday, Regina?

I'm in therapy 2x/wk so I'm hoping to be able to walk some distances, I dunno...
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Quote Originally Posted by zencentury View Post
    HUH?
    WHAT?

You can't come on the canal this Saturday, Regina?

I'm in therapy 2x/wk so I'm hoping to be able to walk some distances, I dunno...
    Not this weekend...we'll be out of town.

I have my team rides on Saturdays. I would do a mid-week road ride with you. I've been doing some long rides on Wednesdays with a teammate, but usually, I'm flexible.

Somehow I've gone from the person who doesn't know how to get anywhere to the one leading (or at least directing) group rides. I've found some pretty nice roads that don't get a lot of weekday traffic. Of course, I usually have to ride through Gtown to get there, but eh, it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Regina View Post
    I just upgraded the bottom linkage of my mountainbike, and I'm itching to try it out. Anyone up for a jaunt to Schaeffer or Rosaryville?
    Of course, I'm always up for a road ride, too.
    Options would be (for me, anyway) the weekend of the 13th or the 27th.
    Or...a ride mid-week somewhere. I've got plenty of annual leave built up!
    Thoughts?
    I'd be up for an MTB ride. I'm out of town on the 13th (Belize! yay! diving!) but I think the 27th is open. Maybe Anna & Julie (neighbors) would be interested also.

I'm not quite down or out. PT is helping and I've been putting in some painfree time on the trainer stand and although I'm not doing the Seagull I'm hoping to do some flat Eastern Shore riding on Saturday. Rosaryville is definitely out. Trail riding would probably be the best for me right now.

I'm still in for the Monument Ride and I'm up for the kayaking! We're still on for kayaking, right?

Tam, where/when do you hike?
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

<thread drift>

I hike all over Md, and a bit in Pa and Va, at any regional/state/national/battlefield park that has decent trails. As with cycling, I'm not as strong as I wish I were, so my hikes are usually 3-6 miles with lots of stopping to check out the wildlife/scenery or meditate, or wandering off-trail for some bushwacking. I keep telling myself that one of these days I'm going to start working on longer distances.

The part of MoCo I live in is chock-full of great spots (Seneca, Little Bennett, Black Hill, Sugarloaf Mountain), but I also head up to Frederick Co a lot (Thurmont/Catoctin, Antietam, Gambrill). Actually, the place where we're planning to kayak later this month (Patapsco State Park/Merkle Wildlife Refuge) also has some great trails. The leaves should be just starting to turn the weekend that we're out there and it'll be gorgeous.

</thread drift>
    Last edited by Kalidurga; 10-04-2007 at 10:40 AM.
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

I have an ex- who said he didn't "hike." He merely went for walks in the woods. Of course, I never saw that. I only saw the Jack Daniels to excess. But...that's a story for another day.....

Rosey on the 27th sounds good.
    Catherine - I'm still waiting to see you on the Bike Place's sunday ride. Good group ride training. And, I've seen you dust me on hills, so I know you can hang with at least my peeps, if not the a/b group (they're constantly shifting the labelling - so who knows what group anybody is in??).

What's your Wednesday route look like, and would you be able to do a Friday or Monday (love the long weekends!)?

Yeah I know. The BP is just soo far away to get to that early. I've been doing a lot of rides w/ teammates on Sundays too, though I need to do some with Route1 soon, because I'm thinking about joining that team for next spring--need to see if I mesh with the ladies I haven't met yet.

I MAY do the NCVC espresso ride this coming Monday (Columbus Day) with a couple friends, if I don't kill myself with miles this weekend. Otherwise, Mon or Fri is fine with me.

Here's the route we've been doing the last couple of Wednesdays:
    http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/4049651

It's pretty nice to get out there in the middle of the week. Not too much traffic once I get out of town.

Quote Originally Posted by aicabsolut View Post
    Yeah I know. The BP is just soo far away to get to that early. I've been doing a lot of rides w/ teammates on Sundays too, though I need to do some with Route1 soon, because I'm thinking about joining that team for next spring--need to see if I mesh with the ladies I haven't met yet.

I MAY do the NCVC espresso ride this coming Monday (Columbus Day) with a couple friends, if I don't kill myself with miles this weekend. Otherwise, Mon or Fri is fine with me.

Here's the route we've been doing the last couple of Wednesdays:
    http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/4049651

It's pretty nice to get out there in the middle of the week. Not too much traffic once I get out of town.
    Ohhhhh, Grasshoppa! 8:30 a.m. rides are NOT early! Ahhh, to be in college again!

Your route has elements of our Saturday N2 ride. Those hills on River are always a challenge, and that's usually where I completely lose contact with the group. Sigh.

Here's the shop ride. That dog-leg into Rock Creek Park at the end is optional. Otherwise, it's only a 29 mile ride or so. The A/B route is a few miles longer.

It takes me soooo long to hydrate, caffinate, and eat in the mornings. I have some digestive issues, so I have to do all of that pretty well in advance of getting out the door to be sure I've digested my breakfast with no ill effects. I need copious amounts of food and coffee on ride days. I have trouble making the team 9am rides that start about 2 minutes from my house . That, and I love sleep.

I tried a new route today to Poolesville (somewhat similar to the Wed route). So much better than the 68 mile ride I did out there on Sunday. A little less brutal with the hills. http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/4127351

River road does take some focus, especially when I'm already tired.

Wow, my avg. heart rate is something like at least 10bpm higher than yours. My moving speeds are also pathetic. I blame M St. I love breaking 40mph on those River Rd descents, though.