Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY

To disable ads, please log-in.

Oh MAN. How AWFUL, and how UNFAIR!!!!

Thank God you had no head injuries. Please get stronger and better soon. Don't worry about bikes for a while, just concentrate on your recovery for now.

(((((((hugs))))))))
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    Oh, what a terrible accident! I am so happy you are alive and on the road to healing. It was a terrible thing to happen to you, but at least you were near the hospital. I will keep you close in my thoughts and prayers.

Sending you a big cyber hug,
    Cathy

Here's hoping the worst is over for you!

Should you ride again? I'd say it's too soon to tell, but if I had to guess I'd say YES!

Healing vibes speeding your way.

Karen

<<<<<<invsblwmn>>>>>>

I hope you have a speedy recovery and I'll be sending you healing energy in my meditations.

Hang in there,

~Soo
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

2007 Rodriguez Adventure/B72
    2009 Masi Soulville Mixte/B18
    1997 Trek 820 Step-thru Xtracycle/B17

Thank you, lph, for posting this for us

I have just posted in the commuting thread with my thoughts of quick healing join the others.

DOUBLE POST:
    Perhaps you need to change your name to "SEE ME HERE woman"!!!

Here is a short story for you - I posted in the crazy driver forum about 3 local club members who were knocked off their bikes early on a Sunday morning. Jo went into the windscreen and then onto the road while her bike went under the car, Ray and Shona were thrown aside with their bikes into the gutter/ditch.

All three have been along to club races to help with marshalling. Jo has been out riding on bike paths and off road. Ray and Shona were along on Saturday. Shona didn't sign up for the race, though she did ride it - neck brace and all. Ray was on what looked like a kids chopper - just an adult size. Very upright and I guess that is to do with his recovery process.

They love cycling so much they are all experimenting with ways that feel right to get back on their bikes.

IW, just take your time on your path to recovery - its going to be a tough-at-times mental, physical and spiritual journey. Believe in your self, be patient with yourself.
    Kia kaha, kia manawanui
    Awhi awhi and aroha from NZ

~Raven~
    Last edited by RoadRaven; 10-01-2007 at 10:18 AM.

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

Invisiblewmn I think you need a new screen name, like VERYVISIBLEwoman!

get well soon!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

as others have said ((((((invsblwmn)))))

Invisible, you asked in another thread, should you ride again.
    I think only you can answer that question. I hope you do; but if you don't, i will understand. Only YOU know what you are going through. There are others on this forum (Silver for one, Triskelion another) who have had serious accidents and have come back to ride.
    What kind of injuries do you have on your legs?
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

So very sorry to hear of your accident. From your tone in your post it sounds like you still want to ride, but healing the physical wounds comes first. Take good care of yourself and keep us posted on your progress.
    Dar

Man that's terrible! Seems no matter how careful we all are (using a crosswalk, no less), danger always lurks and sometimes nails us. I'm glad to hear you're alive and recovering, Invisiblewmn! I wonder what will happen, or has happened, to the guy who hit you. I'll have to browse the other post to see if there's word on that.

I say give it some time, heal well and take your rest. If you feel like biking, then by all means do so. Maybe restrict yourself to trails in the beginning, away from motorized vehicles of all kinds, just until you feel more comfortable again?

Oh, no, Invisible! I'm so sorry. When I read your post over the summer about your tangle with the landscaper's trailer, I was so amazed at your bravery in that accident, and your give 'em hell attitude then. You straightened your wheel with your bare hands, and kept on riding to work, with broken bones and all. I even referred to that thread on another thread where someone needed encouragement from her scrape-up.

If anyone can get through this, it's you. You're like a hero to me!

BTW, I think it wasn't entirely clear, were you riding your bike or walking when you got hit this time?

Serious!
    Been there (sort of).
    An accident caused by someone's stupidity and irresponsibility is devastating. Your life is changed in a second. Note the grammar "is changed" rather than "changes".
    But always remember you are alive and especially try top keep in mind that you are the same person inside. Slowly you recover; with surgery, medical help and the support of those who love you and know you (or in our case hear about you).
    Never give up and never give up hope.

love, thoughts and prayers...

All you need is love...la-dee-da-dee-da...all you need is love!

Wishing you a Fast recovery...in all ways.

elk

Thank You All!

Still in harrisburg hospital today. Moving to inpatient rehab at community general osteopathic tomorrow. Will be there 3 days to learn wheelchair transfers. Folks are coming from alaska friday for a preplanned visit and dad's building me a removable ramp for the wheelchair for a week. I have the most wonderful partner at home whom is here every day EXCEPTtomorrow as it is her bday and she's not allowed by me and is sentenced to tuesday nite poker w/ her friends.

condition updates- legs need weeks of rest to heal. immobilizer on the left, torn miniscus, partial quad, ham and calf tear, and cartilidge tears. RGT leg-no more tests for 3 weeks. likely torn ICL, brised from top to bottom. . no surgery for three weeks more.
    2 plates and five screws in rgt arm too swollen to cast(soft cast for now).

TOOK TEN STEPS W/ PARALELL BAR AND MOD assist of one today and got my first real shower.

left wrist starting to weaken so walking is done for a bit, butttttt- my surgeon, a utah mtn biker(and personally resposible for saving of my sidis, was the only one whom could figure out the ratcheting system.), suggested that when my body as ready, I rehab on a trainer and then trails ON THE BIKE!!!

The 80 y. o. got only a ticket for running a red light, my attorney's taking care of me. I was riding my bike across the street in the crosswalk when he struck me

Pain is intense, vico, oxy help some. getting lovenox shots to prevent clotts (1.5 more weeks.) still sporting a foley bag, have tons of visitors daily. love you guys and breathing off your support. Dawn
    Last edited by invsblwmn; 10-01-2007 at 10:55 PM. Reason: additional info

Way to go on the walking progress!
    And you have a surgeon who's a mtn biker - how cool is THAT!

I'm keeping you in mind when I'm out in traffic these days. Ride safe, everyone, the next one might not be so "lucky".
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett