Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley

To disable ads, please log-in.

They have so much to teach us in the few years we share with them.

dawn

Dawn...how are you feeling?? Haven't heard from you in a bit.

I'm sending good thoughts your way.

What was the verdict on treating your ACL injuries?? Are you able to walk a smidgen bit longer??

Keep us updated k..

C

Dawn, I haven't been over to this thread for a bit myself and just saw what you are going through with your dear Brodie. I'm sooo sorry. I wish I could hug you both! It that a picture of you with Brodie? If it is, you look wonderful!!!!! So radiant and alive!

I'm sorry that you have more bedrest. What are you doing with your time? Hugs and healing thoughts to you!
    "Being retired from Biking...isn't that kinda like being retired from recess?" Stephen Colbert asked of Lance Armstrong

doc says he is not considering surgery on the knees until the arm can better support me. if they "repair" the knees, the arm has to be able to bear weight. now, no way. i am able to stand for 15-20 minutes, walking, more like a 90 year old shuffling, but i get around. brodie is still acting like herself, eating everything in sight, sleeping, and cuddling. i pass the time xmas shopping (buy 2 get 3rd free wii games at toysrus, sierra trading 20% off with free shipping http://email.sierratradingpost.com/d...CBB340EB524FBB, and getting credit cards with $100-$200 in gift cards for signing up-the last is one of my favorite pasttimes.) i watch tv and my cooper sleep as well. so time passes...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11-1-2007 157.jpg 
Views:	597 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	4912  
    "Do or do not. There is no "try." Yoda

Dawn - oooh oooh your kitty looks just like my Erin (well before she got sick). Can I pet her, Pleeease?

Hope you and Brodie are having more good days than bad days.
    Beth

hi Dawn, I loved the story about your dog, it is truly amazing, i'm glad you found each other. Your kitty looks pretty content too.
    Keep healing, I'm glad you are able to get around a bit!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

What a pretty kitty!

All you need is love...la-dee-da-dee-da...all you need is love!

Heyup Dawn, how are you doing? Hope you're hanging in there ok and that 2008 wil bring some better times...
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Me too! Here's to '08 being a year of recovery for you.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Invsblwmn, I'm new here and just saw this thread for the first time. I read all of it and see that no recent update has happened. I am hoping that is due to your healing and the holidays - and not anything worrisome.

My thoughts are with you. And my heart breaks with those photos and details about Brodie. She looks like such a beautiful sweetheart. I think dogs are amazingly wonderful teachers - they show us each day what unconditional love and acceptance looks like...how to live in the moment and so forth. I am incredibly thankful that Brodie came into you and your partner's lives - each day was a blessing, no doubt.

When I was little, my mom was riding home and was hit by a motorcyclist. It was a severe hit and run (multiple internal injuries in addition to broken bones, etc). Anyway...

She healed physically - in time. But, she never rode a bike again - and she is noticeably concerned about my safety when I tell her about my bike ventures. Now, everyone gets impacted in different ways and I acknowledge that it's fully possible your accident will have no psychological impact on you (like it did her). But, I hope that if you detect the slightest mental trauma related to being hit - that you attend to it. I only express this concern out of watching what happened to my mom.

I have you in my thoughts and prayers...

I pray for your physical pain to lessen each day, for your body to utilize the extent of its amazing abilities and heal soon.

I pray you experience no mental trauma from the accident and that as soon as you're able, the bike can be part of your healing process - that each mile on it will help you to increase your distance from all the pain you're dealing with these days.

I pray for you to have a wealth of amazing moments with Brodie - simple moments of grace that will stick in your memory and carry you through future times when you're missing her. You have been such a gift to her - you saved her life.

I send you many well-wishes, and my Solomon sends a wiggly dog tail your way. I hope you're well.

I'm another one who just came upon this thread - hoping you are all right. I can't even begin to fathom what you are going through.

Life is scary in that way. One moment everything is going peachy and the next we are lying on the ground all broken up. Here in Boise a few months ago a woman was stopped on her bike in the bike lane waiting for a red light when someone in a Hummer came up behind her and killed her. No matter how safely we are riding, there will always be those moments.

And yet - those things can happen at home too. One day a bunch of ambulances went screaming past our house and stopped a few houses down the road. A little while later they left quietly. I found out the next day that their 6-year-old boy slipped in the bathtub, hit his head, and died.

I guess the moral of the story is that we need to get out and live life - and that's exactly what you did and are doing. Good for you! I truly hope that you can get back on your bike at some point, but if not - then simply live life to the fullest in some other manner.

I pray that this year will be a good one for you and that you get up and moving quickly!!

Nancy
    Dreaming of dropping out of society to travel with your kids? Follow along as we do exactly that! www.familyonbikes.org

If you want to write to her, PM me and I'll send you her snail mail address.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    Dawn, are you up and around more? I think of you often and hope you are doing better each day.

Checking in

Hello TE Sisters!

After a bit of a hiatus, I came back to visit and found such kind words from you all. It has continued to be a journey, and I cannot say it has be easy. On a good note, Brodie is still with me and not in any apparent pain. This time has been a gift to me in that. She remains a gentle healing spirit.
    I am walking with only a limp, cane free, and only get cramping at night in my legs and lower back. My forearm bones are close to fusing but no pushups yet. I am hoping to return to work very soon.
    The test has continued, though, as well.
    A close friend of mine lost her battle with cancer 12-30-07. When we buried her, all 8 pallbearers were her female friends. Her funeral was one of the most emotional experiences I have had. She touched so many people's lives.
    My partner of 3 years and I ended our relationship. We are planning the sale of our home, and I am deciding whether to stay in this area or move out west.
    This has been a hard time, but I am learning to live in my own skin. It is amazing how much you learn about yourself in a hospital bed and lazy boy for a few months. I generally have about 1-2 hours a day with people and then the rest of the time alone. I was a person who could tolerate about 1-2 hours alone per day. My mind no longer races to "next." "Now" is enough. Sadness, pain, happiness, fear, security, or relief are all acceptable.
    This gathering of women in TE has been more support than I could have ever dreamed. I have a humongous collection of cards from all of you and the care packages added a good 20 lbs on me. Who would have thought that a little thread I found on a google search for size 41.5 sidi dominators would be a major factor in my recovery from such a trauma? Thank you all for your ongoing energies, prayers, and love. I hope some day I can return even a portion of what you have given. Till next update... Dawn
    "Do or do not. There is no "try." Yoda

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Dawn}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
    Thank you for the update! Despite the challenges you face, you sound so peaceful and accepting. I'm glad I'm still sending butterflies!! And I"m so happy you have Brodie at your side.

Follow your heart, you'll know what the next right move for you is. In the meantime, post, PM, email, stay in touch and let us continue to give you share the same support we all benefit from.

Big hugs and uplifting butterflies,
    ~T~
    The butterflies are within you.

My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/picsiechick/

Buy my photos: http://www.picsiechick.com