Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

yes...well I learned my lesson, trying to cut a time corner....

The shop we go to most frequently, and like very much, has a tune up special going on...can't get in for a week or so...

I do like them, Lisa, and you are right about the relationship between the Brooks and the bars...OMG...ZERO pressure.!!! Now I have to see whether I'm going to need the non-S version...I do need to go back on the rails...

e

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by elk View Post
    I do like them, Lisa, and you are right about the relationship between the Brooks and the bars...OMG...ZERO pressure.!!! Now I have to see whether I'm going to need the non-S version...I do need to go back on the rails...

e
    Oh great!
    If you have any feeling at all that you need to move your saddle further back- then just go ahead and GET the non-S version. It made a HUGE difference to me and my weight balance to get that saddle back another 1-2 inches. OMG it was so much better- I could get some power behind my legs pedaling for once. I suspect you will INSTANTLY love it as I did. If not, you can just send it back. It's not for everyone, of course, but from what you say I would suggest trying it.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have another inch I can go back on the B67S. I'm going to do some "dialing" and go ride it today....We may have a rain free afternoon...

Maybe it's purely a visual thing, but having so little nose in front of the bar looks precarious....given the whle bottom heavy deal...

I assume with the B67, you can set it back farther with rail to spare?

Do you have a photo of yr B67 on the rails? (don't you have that yummy Rivbike?)

How it looks is never as important as how it feels. Do you *feel* precarious?
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I assume with the B67, you can set it back farther with rail to spare?

Do you have a photo of yr B67 on the rails? (don't you have that yummy Rivbike?)

This is the best I can do:
    In this first picture, I have the B17S on, and it's pushed as far back as the rails allow:
    http://harmonias.com/LisaBike_7.jpg
    You can see that the S is a short saddle. but look where the back edge of the saddle is- it's directly over the rear brake pads.

Now here is the B68 (non-S):
    http://harmonias.com/208.jpg
    The back edge of this saddle as you can see, hangs 2-3" further back behind the brake pads. It too is shoved all the way back on its rails. But the rails are way longer so the saddle can go further back. It's also a longer saddle. (and wider for my sitbones, which is why I went with the B68).

(Please pay no attention to the cockeyed handlebar position in the second phot- it was a weird experiment and I have since changed my handlebars to ones that feel much better for me. )

Hope this helps a bit.
    Lisa

thank you Lisa...it does help. quite a bit.

Knot...it doesn't feel precarious...but it does feel like I'm on the very back edge of the saddle and I don't have a lot of wiggle room.

I love the shape of the B67...that skinny nose that is out of the thigh-way... I guess you call it the "T"...and the wide seat... it appears the only difference is that the nose is almost an inch longer on the B67 so

I can't actually think of a single reason why I wouldn' t get the plain ol 67...

I can't actually think of a single reason why I wouldn' t get the plain ol 67...
    The only reason would be if you didn't want the springs, -in which case you'd get the B68.
    Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa S.H. View Post
    The only reason would be if you didn't want the springs, -in which case you'd get the B68.
    Oh...I WANT the springs....I LOVE the springs!! I was riding on some typical Portland pavement today...heaves and cracks and veritable miniature mountains...and the bounce was tons of fun...

Well all right then, girl.....spring ON!!!!
    Lisa