Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did they change standard time/daylight savings

To disable ads, please log-in.

I swear it is a week later this year. Halloween was always dark. But when I looked to see when Daylight savings ends it is Nov 4th. Am I wrong has it always been in Nov?
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

This is the first year they have the change at the "new" time. It was earlier in the spring and later in the fall. So no - you aren't losing your mind......at least not about This!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairMac View Post
    This is the first year they have the change at the "new" time. It was earlier in the spring and later in the fall. So no - you aren't losing your mind......at least not about This!!!
    Thank you I feel better now......about this!

So I looked it up and it turns out this is an experiment to see if we can save energy. I am always late on news like this! I would be bummed if i was a kid on halloween. They are going to loose an hour of darkness for trick or treating.

it was yet another bad decision made by the bush administration. Daylight savings time buys us nothing here in the Northwest....grumble grumble grumble.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

daylight savings

Being from Canada I'm used to daylight savings..

The WA gov't introduced daylight savings to Western Australia last year & the population thinks the world will come to an end becuase of it!!! I can't believe all the whingeing because of it. Some of the arguments were really really pathetic.

C

Well just think about it. "Daylight savings" time... during the time of the year when the days are LONGER? That means they save up the daylight while we're at work... so they can sell it back to us for the rest of the year.

I hate daylight savings. It means I have to get up an hour earlier. Can't wait till it goes back to normal and I can sleep an extra hour.

And can I add, thanks so much USA for making DST longer because of course we just had to follow along here in Canada. :P
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

When we lived in AZ, we didn't have daylight saving time (by the way, no "s" at the end of saving). I really missed getting that extra hour of daylight in the summertime evenings. Although, I suppose another hour of daylight would have meant we might not get down into the 90's for the low . . . No, I really don't miss AZ!

We start our DST here at the weekend. I am soooo looking forward to being able to get 50km of hills or a proper dirt ride in after work.
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

I'm with you Diva - I'm so looking forward to enough daylight after work to ride

We should go for a ride sometime.
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

Yeah that would be col - lets PM some time once the weather is reliably good

This was an energy bill passed by CONGRESS in 1995 with a lot of democratic support. No need to blame one man for this.....politics is just that...politics. IMO it's a good idea.
    As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." ~Benjamin Franklin