Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Warning About Cut-Outs

To disable ads, please log-in.

Saddle Survey Response posted to forums by Administrator:

Hi,

Regarding saddles I just wanted to put out a word of warning for women who like the saddles with the cut outs, I tried the Terry Liberator TI-Race and loved it at first but then after a weeklong tour covering over 400 miles I had a problem with saddle sores. I finally figured out that the saddle was too wide in the nose part and my inner thighs were rubbing on that. I switched to a Selle Italia womens saddle, also a light weight racing style saddle with a cut out in the middle but a little more narrow through the nose. I ride lots of miles (training, riding for fun, a little racing, etc.) so if anyone has found the perfect saddle and has no saddle sores I would like to hear about it! Glad you're doing a survey,

Theresa T.

So that would really be a warning not about saddles with cut-outs but saddles with wide noses, wouldn't it? I mean, it doesn't really sound as if the cut-out was the problem. Just curious.
    J
    "Do I contradict myself? Very well, then, I contradict myself." --Walt Whitman

Re: Warning About Cut-Outs

Originally posted by administrator
    I ride lots of miles (training, riding for fun, a little racing, etc.) so if anyone has found the perfect saddle and has no saddle sores I would like to hear about it!
    I was a slug this summer, but last summer I was doing about 150 miles a week on my Julie Furtado Race Day saddle. I've used it for about three years now. I did get one saddle sore, but I haven't had any problems since I've been using Bag Balm as butt butter.
    Hard work pays off in the future; laziness pays off right away!

Terry liberator

I have carefully read the measurements of the Terry saddles and I think the men's Liberator would be better for most women. Why? Because the saddle is longer and therefore the "nose" section is narrower. Why do they stick us with short, stubby saddles anyway? I ordered a men's Liberator and I'll let you know how I like it (they're on sale for $25 right now!)
    Pat

I ride the Liberator Ti Race and think mighty well of it- it's like buying clothes, things fit everyone differently because we're all shaped differently.
    I could see trying out the mens model though, have a Nashbar knockoff of it I'm gonna try out in spin class ( if they'll ever get me the part in!).

Lizzy

Quote Originally Posted by missliz
    I ride the Liberator Ti Race and think mighty well of it- it's like buying clothes, things fit everyone differently because we're all shaped differently.

Lizzy
    I use a Lib Ti Race too. I have 2 of them. The one on my road bike has never given me any trouble. I just did my first century a week ago with no discomforts at all.