Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanksgiving Ride Calculator

To disable ads, please log-in.

To help you plan for your post-thanksgiving ride, we've created the Thanksgiving Ride Calculator

( http://www.teamestrogen.com/articles...ack=turkeyRide )

Boy, I wish I hadn't looked at that site...

Put Your Hands up for Detroit. Our Lovely City!

turkey day

Oh man... each slice of Pumpkin pie is costing me!

Guess I'll just skip the dinner rolls (they're never as tasty as PIE, anyway!)
    "A day without coffee is like... sucky."

http://cathleen1977.blogspot.com

I second that emotion........
    Maybe I'll just ride my bike the 60 miles back and forth to my cousin's house.

nah - I'm thinking since Thanksgiving is my day off - the bike should have a day off too. I'm - although this Could be tough - I'm going to give my bike Thanksgiving Day off....to do whatever bikes on vacation do. I may end up eating to keep myself from riding - but the sacrifices we make for our bikes are sometimes tough.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Talking

Those of us from N. California could always ride up Mt. Diablo the day after Thanksgiving ... should burn off that piece of pumpkin pie, at least

Thanksgiving

Oouucchh!!!

But maybe it's not so bad for me. I make everything very low fat, almost no sugar, lots of fiber. Over the last 14 years of being diabetic I've learned to modify almost every recipe I've ever used. There are so many new sweetners out there, you almost don't need sugar. My family has gone from using 5 pounds of sugar a month to 1 pound every 2 months!! I know some of you may not like the new sweetners,I use Splenda, but for diabetics they are great.

And you can cut most of the fat from baked goods like cakes, breads, etc.

I plan to ride with my daughter that day provided the rain ever stops!! Aaahh, the rainy season in North Texas.

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving!!!

Donna
    They're cute when they're little. Then they grow up and they're just ug and dumbly. Quote from my daughter

OMG ag - Where did you find that? the sign is Hilarious! Thanks so much for making my dreary, cold, cloudy, overcast (read ugly) afternoon fun!!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Thanksgiving dinner is usually my only meal that day...I don't eat all morning because I don't want to ruin my appetite (plus I'm too busy cooking!)...then I'm too stuffed to eat for the rest of the day...so even if I do eat a 3000 calorie meal...I really only have about 1000 calories to burn off and 2 spinning classes will more than take care of that...

I'm a vegetarian who "tries" to stay away from processed sugars and white flour...Thanksgiving at my house consists of acorn squash, stuffing made with olive oil instead of butter, maple syrup in lew of brown sugar on the yams, lots of steamed veggies, fruit salad, vegetarian gravy, red potatoes mashes with the skins still on and whole wheat rolls...

One more thought...it's not the food at Thanksgiving that's the problem, if you consider it, most Thanksgiving fare is extremely nutritious...it's the portion size that's the real culprit of the weight gain…

i don't care! I'M EATING MASHED POTATOES AND DROWNING THEM IN GRAVY AND EATING AT LEAST 2 SLICED OF PUMPKIN PIE!!!!

i've been good all year (oh ok.. since january 16 since that is when i officially began my healthy eating phase!)

i ate healthy on easter.... i eat healthy on a normal basis (with a few exceptions on weekends after long rides... can't resist tommy's on occassion!)

I WILL ENJOY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was pretty bummed that I had to work on Thanksgiving...not I'm not so upset that I'm going to miss the feast!!
    Ride on

Remember this thread?

I thought it was appropriate to drag this back up. And I'm still not listening.. LA LA LA LA LA!!

That's hilarious! Especially the bit about sitting on the couch for 30+ hours to burn off the calories.
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

You mean I can sit on the couch and burn calories??.....so I Don't have to do that 1/2 tomorrow like I had planned???