Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

I'm looking at buying a mountain bike

To disable ads, please log-in.

what do you ladies think of the Gary Fisher HiFi Deluxe GS? Do any of you have this bike? I've also been looking at the Santa Cruz Juliana. I really like the Gary Fisher, although I've been riding my dh's Superlight and like that one too. Also LBS sells the Gary fisher, so thinking about maintenance, warranty issues, etc.

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by cwodiva View Post
    what do you ladies think of the Gary Fisher HiFi Deluxe GS? Do any of you have this bike? I've also been looking at the Santa Cruz Juliana. I really like the Gary Fisher, although I've been riding my dh's Superlight and like that one too. Also LBS sells the Gary Fisher, so thinking about maintenance, warranty issues, etc.
    I bought one of the '07 Fisher Calibers about a month ago, and have been really, really pleased with it. I had a Specialized hardtail for around a year and a half, but never really got along with it. Either I was over the bars about half the time, or fixing flats on the back tire. The Fisher bike handles a lot better, and I'm finding I can get away with a lot more stuff than I could think about on the old hardtail. The "Genesis" geometry and its women-specific variant, "Genesister," is well worth trying out.

I looked at the HiFi, but they hadn't shipped the 29er version yet, and moving up to a 29er was the prime reason for shopping for a new MTB. The HiFi 29ers just hit the LBS last week, but I still think I got a better deal on the Caliber.

Whether you go for the HiFi or another Fisher variant, take some time to try out the 29er version...Those big wheels take just a little more motor to get rolling, but their momentum, speed, and the ride they give are derned hard to beat...

Here's my Caliber... They'll probably be a different color for '08, and the HiFi's I've seen have been mostly blue, but the sour-apple green color appealed to me just as much as those big ol' wheels...

I have seen nothing but rave reviews for the Gary Fisher HiFi. I am thinking about adding one to my arsenal.

Many people like the GF HiFi. I ride a Superlight and love the bike. It's about as close to a hardtail climbing as you can get but cushy coming down hill. Only complaint, my bike came with Shimano Avid Juicy 5 Hydraulic disc brakes. They have been nothing but problems. Waiting right now for Shimano to replace the brakes for me. Thank goodness I still have my hard to ride!
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

Here's my Caliber... They'll probably be a different color for '08, and the HiFi's I've seen have been mostly blue, but the sour-apple green color appealed to me just as much as those big ol' wheels...
    That bike is beautiful!! Thanks for your tips, it's nice to hear good things from someone who rides Gary fisher.

Many people like the GF HiFi. I ride a Superlight and love the bike. It's about as close to a hardtail climbing as you can get but cushy coming down hill. Only complaint, my bike came with Shimano Avid Juicy 5 Hydraulic disc brakes. They have been nothing but problems. Waiting right now for Shimano to replace the brakes for me. Thank goodness I still have my hard to ride!
    Thanks for your experience. It's such a hard decision because I love my dh's superlight, I would probably use it more but it's a large and I really need a small. I can't wait to ride a mtb that actually fits me.

Quote Originally Posted by bcipam View Post
    Only complaint, my bike came with Shimano Avid Juicy 5 Hydraulic disc brakes. They have been nothing but problems. Waiting right now for Shimano to replace the brakes for me. Thank goodness I still have my hard to ride!
    You could be waiting a while - SRAM owns Avid, not Shimano.
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

I ride the GF Cake, which the HiFi replaced. I got it after 2 years intro to MTB on a cheap hardtail and tried loads and loads of full sussers before making the break. I loved the Trek Fuel EX 9, but the cake was better priced at the time as it was a left over boguey green super small frame that was probably aimed at a 12 year old boy. Ok so I'm not very tall...
    The first technical ride I did I exceeded my own expectations and ever since it has been the same story - I'm not very brave and the bike outperforms me and has probably saved me from some big crashes . Avid juicey brakes and speedball seatpost do help too. It feel super solid going down and DH has lightened it up as much as possible with his expensive cast-offs so it climbs nice with lock down forks.
    I LOVE MY CAKE.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	09.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	4638  

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    That hill sure looks fun to go down- but no so much if you're heading up.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike