Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Finally! My new bike!

To disable ads, please log-in.

My bike finally arrived and Mr. Sheesh surprised me by picking it up from the shop while I was working late tonight. I am geeked! I guess that means I should start wrapping my head around the fact that I have to race this weekend, now.

(please ignore my dog-hairy furniture in the background!)

SRAM Rival and that snazzy bar tape?!! I just drooled all over my keyboard. Bit of a shame that it won't stay that clean after your first race, but I'll bet you're gonna have tons of fun. Can't wait for a race report (with "after" pics)!

And is that a single chainring? Cool
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

Mr. Sheesh is pretty jealous...he bought himself a Giant TCX frame last year and built it up. He now hopes I hate the SRAM stuff so he can steal it and swap for whatever he has on his TCX. For some reason, I'm thinking that's not gonna happen.

I took many suggestions from the owner of our LBS on this bike - the single ring in the front, flipped the brakes, the cheater levers. I've never done cross before, so I guess I'll figure it out as I go along!

Oh, and I meant to also say: Good luck this weekend!
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

Oh, boy....
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Very pretty. What kind of handlebars do you have?

SWEET! Can't wait to hear how you like it.

I went with a single ring up front on my new rig this year also, and so far, like it a lot. I never switched the brakes though - for me, that's an endo waiting to happen . I find that 'cross has enough technique for me to worry about with out having to think about the fact that my brakes are crossed too.

Good luck this weekend, and definitely post a report!

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

wow, that bike looks like it means business! congrats on a asweet new ride
    and good luck on that race!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Wow! Beautiful bike! You are going to have sooo much fun on that bike!

I never switched the brakes though - for me, that's an endo waiting to happen . I find that 'cross has enough technique for me to worry about with out having to think about the fact that my brakes are crossed too.

Me too shefly! Lol, I can just imagine what would happen if I switched my brakes around.

Thanks for all the well wishes! I'll be sure to post a report after my first race.

Divingbiker - It looks like the handbars are FSA Shallow, and the stem is FSA OS 150.