Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Fall foilage picture thread......

To disable ads, please log-in.

Saw these beauties whilst riding near our cabin in Island Park, Idaho (not at all a tropical place despite the word "island") and thought I would share the picture. I am sure we'd all love to see some pictures from other parts of the US and elsewhere of fall in full swing. Please share your fall riding pictures with us....

Love fall!!
    If only we could skip winter, hmmm........
    Last edited by Flybye; 06-05-2008 at 02:09 PM.

Flybye,
    Thanks for the picture. What a great idea for a new thread Glad to see you were able to ride. I hope to ride the afternoon in Pocatello. Can you join me?
    Anita "Shiraz"

Yes, what a lovely pic and great idea for a thread. I think I will ask for my own camera for Christmas and then learn how to post pics.

~ JoAnn

Oh, jeez. I haven't been able to get up there in several years now. Sniff. The pelicans above Osborne Bridge. The middle fork float. The swans. Sniff.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

These aren't from this year, but these are some of my favorite fall color photos from some of my previous rides.

Don't think of it as getting hot flashes. Think of it as your inner child playing with matches

Buddleia leaves at the plant where I work
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

An old one as well, but hopefully I will get more this weekend up at the Catskills.

This was taken in NC:

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmyt View Post
    An old one as well, but hopefully I will get more this weekend up at the Catskills.

This was taken in NC:

Is that a road? or on top of a cliff/mtn looking down? really cool.

It's kinda halfway up a big hunk of rock called Stone Mt. in NC. It does kinda look like a road, though, because it's slab so it's very low angled, actually you kinda climb it like spider man, theres not a whole lot of hands and you just friction your way up in a stooped-over position. Very cool little place.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate View Post
    Oh, jeez. I haven't been able to get up there in several years now. Sniff. The pelicans above Osborne Bridge. The middle fork float. The swans. Sniff.
    You can come with me next time!! Don't cry.... waaaa... okay, now I am crying!
    I would love to do a ride on the Mesa Falls Scenic Byway...
    Hmmm, now you and Shiraz both have me thinking........
    Wouldn't that be fun??? TE takes to Mesa Falls Scenic Byway and then sacks out at Flybye's family cabin? By the way, we have a 5 gallon water heater, we'd really have to plan out those showers.

Shiraz, thanks for the call! I wish I could make the ride tonight. Next time....

Oh, your pictures are all so pretty
    Did I mention that I love fall??

Beautiful pictures & a great idea for a thread. Not much in leaf color down here in VA yet (except for green) I will be sure to take some once the change begins - but be prepared to wait about a month.

Meanwhile, this is by my front door.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1269.jpg 
Views:	571 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	4373   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1270.jpg 
Views:	564 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	4374  
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

I just love this time of year. The colors are beautiful and temperatures are perfect.. Thanks for showing your pics!!

Thanks for the pics. Its been ages since I've seen fall. When I was a kid we would go up and see the Aspen turning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmyt View Post
    It's kinda halfway up a big hunk of rock called Stone Mt. in NC. It does kinda look like a road, though, because it's slab so it's very low angled, actually you kinda climb it like spider man, theres not a whole lot of hands and you just friction your way up in a stooped-over position. Very cool little place.
    Oh cool - I've hiked at Stone Mountain. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the photo....

Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow