Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: 1 hr nonstop

1 hr nonstop

To disable ads, please log-in.

that's what I did tonight, freestyle - all on my own. well sorta nonstop, as I needed to let the crowd get away sometimes (at least 10 ppl sharing a 50 m lane in our busy city pool - some doing frogstroke [that's breaststroke on the back]). final 20 mins the bloody police squad was gone and they opened up another two lanes so it got better.
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

Awesome! So, did you keep track of how far you went?

Now, what the purpose of doing 1-hour non stop? Just to see if you could do it? To gain some confidence that you can do it?

I know I was just thinking today how I don't really do any distance in my swim workouts...sure I do 300's-500's and I do up to 4,000 yards... but I wonder why I do not go further without stopping when I'm training for a 1.2 mile swim.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside thoroughly used-up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

Fantastic! How do you non-stop in a pool? Do you do those fancy turn thingies that I can't do??

That is great though! It IS good to know that you can go for that long.

KSH - "because I can"? - since it takes me more than 2min per 100 - about 2.5 K, maybe plus a little if I am lucky.

Teigyr - of course with turns in a regular pool. Just did not take breaks.

I have a sore neck this morning. Does this mean I turn too my head too much for breathing? I tried not to do it but did not manage entirely?
    Last edited by alpinerabbit; 09-18-2007 at 01:40 AM.
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

Quote Originally Posted by alpinerabbit View Post
    KSH - "because I can"? - since it takes me more than 2min per 100 - about 2.5 K, maybe plus a little if I am lucky.

Teigyr - of course with turns in a regular pool. Just did not take breaks.

I have a sore neck this morning. Does this mean I turn too my head too much for breathing? I tried not to do it but did not manage entirely?
    Ah... right. Very good then!

I have noticed that my neck can get sore when I don't take any breaks swimming- aka: OW. I doubt you were turning your head too much. It's probably just sore from the repetition of the same movement over and over again for such a long time.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside thoroughly used-up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

:d :d :d :d :d
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS