Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Wahine, would be great if you could come up!

Quote Originally Posted by salsabike View Post
    Do you know Carmelita's? It's a vegetarian restaurant
    You're going to make a Scottish person eat vegetarian food??? Would that be deep fried?

Hello everybody - looking forward to meeting you all. I'm just back from a week's holiday in Ireland.They don't do vegetarian either Life is just one long round of holidays for me at the moment. I'm trying to re-focus my work/life balance after a particularly crap year. I may be going too far the other way

I'll be delighted to meet anyone who can come for diner and am happy to play the role of resident expert on Scottish culture for those of you with keen interest in the motherland (but be aware that I'll probably be making most of it up).

I'm sure the vegetarian food will be wonderful Do they do vegetarian haggis? Something of a contradiction in terms but delicious none the less.

http://www.macsween.co.uk/haggis/con...at=3&PageID=20

For any haggis aficionados - and I'm sure there are many of you out there- Macsween's is the best.
    If it's not one thing it's another

We don't HAVE to do Vegetarian. Perhaps a steak house would be more appropriate??!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

I'm very cosmopolitan for a Scot. I've eaten salad.

I'm really fine with veggie food. I can always pick up a hamburger on the way home.....

We will ask the restaurant if they can make you a chip buddy.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Quote Originally Posted by salsabike View Post
    We will ask the restaurant if they can make you a chip buddy.

btw it's a chip butty - chips on buttered bread (in case the chips weren't high enough in cholesterol). Cholesterol is considered a vitamin in Scotland.

I am getting quite the education!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    I am getting quite the education!

Hey there. Kitsune and I will be there. We need a decent, bike friendly hotel in the area though. Any suggestions?
    We'd also love to do a ride that weekend if anyone is up for it. We'll use it as a small vacation.

wahine - we'd love to see you again. come on along.
    Oh, that's gonna bruise...
    Only the suppressed word is dangerous. ~Ludwig Börne

Quote Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
    We need a decent, bike friendly hotel in the area though. Any suggestions?
    when we go to races we usually avoid the issue by not asking.... we just take the bikes in - hey they are luggage to us. So far no one has had any problems with it. If its the host hotel we can even take them in past the front desk.....

I'll have to check my calendar, but this sounds like a fun event to try to make!
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

If I have enough AK miles to fly down, I'll try to make it. Sounds like its going to be a blast and I've never been down to Seattle, well except to fly though.

What are hotel rates like during that time?
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Quote Originally Posted by teigyr View Post
    if you all are finished dinner and are lingering over desserts or drinks, I would love to stop by to say hi.
    I have been known to linger over drinks

Hope you can make it Chick!

Quite a party we have developing here - I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

cwr - sent you PM.

Lingering over drinks is the best kind! I've been reading over your posts it looks like we'd all have a blast.

Chick, would love to have you too! Not sure what the hotel rates are but they must be off-season by then. And the season may be too, so to speak, so just in case anyone wants a ride alternative if the weather is really awful--Ummelina's Spa downtown is SO nice. Quiet, warm, facials, massages, etc. Hmm. Makes me want to take tomorrow off and go do the Ummelina's aromatherapy bath.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

I wanna come!! How far is it to Seattle from here? It's 5 hours to Spokane... And 5 hours to Vancouver. Maybe 8 hours? That's a long way for one day I guess....
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast