Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

SE Texas anybody?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Fairly new to the area and currently living in Orange. Looking for some decent places to ride without having to take the bike in the truck to a starting point. That sort of spoils the fun and reason for riding if you have to DRIVE to get there. Ruby's getting tired of hanging in the garage! Any SE Texans out there???

Always looking for new riding partners too!
    Last edited by leyates; 09-14-2007 at 02:12 PM.

Where is Orange at? I am near Nacogdoches....

Heidi

Orange is about 20 miles east of Beaumont along I-10, basically at the Texas Louisiana border. Not sure where your town is either.

Orange is the "Golden Triangle" of Beaumont-Orange-Port Arthur on the Lousianna border.

Nacodoches is Northeast Texas in the piney woods.

Welcome to the board Leyates!! I am in the Austin area, maybe a Local Bike Shop will be able to help you?
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Thanks for the welcome Amanda!

I have tried the local bike shop but unfortunately the only one appears to be in Beaumont and they seem to be only aware of safe areas to ride in and around Beaumont. Once again, that defeats part of the purpose of riding a bike by making me hop in the truck to drive the 25 miles to the starting point of each ride. Coming the the very bike friendly Pacific Northwest (Washington state) I don't find the roads or drivers in this part of Texas to be particularly bicycle friendly. I was looking forward to year-around riding too...

Never fear, I will keep looking!