Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Do you think I should worry about booking a room in September? I'll probably be camping, anyway.

Karen

If you want a room in town, I would definitely book asap especially if it's for a weekend. We like to stay at the Village Inn and generally book a few months in advance. The town has definitely been discovered! I've heard positive things about the camping sites.

Would this be a good place to bring a very beginner person? I have been thinking of getting my Mr. Marathon on a mtn bike on some tame trails-as I would suspect they probably rent bikes there too? That would be ideal...

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeDirtGirl View Post
    Would this be a good place to bring a very beginner person? I have been thinking of getting my Mr. Marathon on a mtn bike on some tame trails-as I would suspect they probably rent bikes there too? That would be ideal...
    sure! the trails are rated for difficulty!

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeDirtGirl View Post
    How beginner is beginner? There are definitely some pretty good climbs in whatever trails you decide to tackle at the Kingdom Trails. While not necessarily uber-technical, there are some tricky parts that you will encounter. That said, I took a beginner with me last year, and she had a great time, riding most of the trails I would normally ride (including the black diamonds). She is in pretty good shape, though.

Oh - and camping at Burke can fill up fast, too. Be sure to check if you are planning a trip in Sept - you could run into leaf-peepers.

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

we are going on August 1-4th!!

and i love the LG outlet too - its sooo awesome there i bought so much last year, now i need new shorts this year (BREAATTHE)...ok

so...when are you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by bluebug32 View Post
    I'm heading up in two weeks. I look forward to it every summer (and hitting the Louis Garneau outlet).
    "The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."-Moliere

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." -Thomas A. Edison

Shorty's Adventure - Blog

based on what i ride here, those trails are fairly smooth. there are a "few" roots, but not that many.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckervill View Post
    Okay, here's a question. I was reading the site for Burke and it said there was a lot of smooth trails, too. This thread said rocky/rooty is there, too. Which is it? Both?

I'd like to do some smooth trails because I haven't ridden my mtn bike a lot this year, and it's a hard tail. And I'll be by myself.

Karen

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." -Thomas A. Edison

Just posted some pics from our trip last week:

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showt...413#post347413
    Girl meets bike. Bike leads girl to a life of grime: http://mudandmanoloscycling.com/

We just returned from the Kingdom Trails and they were a little slick & muddy from all the rain, but good none-the-less.

I just got back from the Kingdom Trails in Vermont. They have had a ton of rain there. The trails on Burke Mountain are closed, and several in the Darling system are closed as well. some of these are not wet, they are SUBMERGED in water.

Check their website
    http://www.kingdomtrails.org/index.html

and email to find out the conditions before booking your trip.

The trail managers said they really should close off all the trails, BUT they can't. It seems they are rotating closures, keeping people off certain trails some days (smart) and letting things drain.

many trails are now eroded and rutted.

lets hope for a drier Autumn!

-----------
    My favorites:

Mansion view - hard steep climbing with an awesome view at the top, and a fun descent on the way down
    Pastore
    Pines - Leatherwood - Beat Bog - nice long technical sections
    Sidewinder - WEEEEEEEE!
    and climbing up WEst branch and doing it again

old webs - reminds me of Albion Hills, nice little loop to play on

Kichel (sp?) - weeeeeeeeee although showing some erosion with the rain

I liked Widowmaker too.
    Last edited by han-grrl; 08-04-2008 at 06:41 PM.

According to their website, everything is now closed! Looks like we all chose the right time to go to KT before all the rain.
    Girl meets bike. Bike leads girl to a life of grime: http://mudandmanoloscycling.com/

some pics as promised

some muddy bike parts

and me navigator through the trails!

just got back from a trip to KT. what a cool place. sidewinder trail is ridicuously fun. i don't think you can ride that trail and not be smiling when you're done.

as a whole, i didn't think KT was overly technical, especially compared to the rocky rooty jarring trails we usually ride in southern NH. most was smooth fun swoopy singletrack. and psssst: heaven's bench to ridge etc., etc. is a BEAUTIFUL ride.

stayed at the NICEST CAMPSITE I HAVE EVER BEEN TO. Oregon Brook Road Camping. What a place!

a sampling of pics from our weekend is here: