Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Smile 2500 Miles So Far!!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Last year I was 32 miles shy of reaching 2500 miles for the year. Today I reached the 2500 mile mark! I keep slowly creeping upward in the standings on bikejournal.com for the TE club. Looks like I'll make my goal of 3000 miles for the year. The weather is starting to get a bit cooler which is nice but the days are getting shorter. I need to get as many miles in as I can before I have to settle for just riding on the weekends.
    As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." ~Benjamin Franklin

Congrats!! Sure you can't get to 3,500?

I am ready for cooler weather but the shorter day trade off kind of stinks.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Oh- you're on your way. I like Amanda's idea- shoot for 3500. You've still got over 2 1/2 months left to get it.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Hey congratulations!
    You should have joined the 2500 miles race on Bikejournal!
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Girl View Post
    Oh- you're on your way. I like Amanda's idea- shoot for 3500. You've still got over 2 1/2 months left to get it.
    It is actually my goal and I just crossed 2,500 yesterday. I would love to challenge someone else to keep me pushing.
    Amanda

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Congratulations on all the milestones . I hit 2500 today as well! I have to say that all of you on bikejournal definitely keep me motivated.

Ok, 3500 miles it is...
    Aggie_Ama, you'll have to keep me up-to-date on your miles so we can push each other.
    lph, I actually did sign up for the 2500 mile race on BJ but then someone had reached that goal so early that I transferred all my miles to TE.
    As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." ~Benjamin Franklin

Congrats on the milestone! I have to recalculate my mileage for this year. Not at 2500 yet, but somewhere fairly close I think.

One day Jane is going to remember to update her mileage on BJ, too...
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

A Challenge it is!

Quote Originally Posted by li10up View Post
    Ok, 3500 miles it is...
    Aggie_Ama, you'll have to keep me up-to-date on your miles so we can push each other.
    lph, I actually did sign up for the 2500 mile race on BJ but then someone had reached that goal so early that I transferred all my miles to TE.
    Woohoo!! I have actually been pushing myself as of late off you and LisaSH. We seem to be right in the same area on BJ and it helps to motivate me. I try to log as soon as I ride, so just keep watching!
    Amanda

I usually don't post my rides until I have a few of them. I'll try to post more often. Yeah, I keep seeing you and LisaSH ahead of me...try as I might I can't seem to catch up. I've got you in my sights but LisaSH is too far ahead...but I'm gonna keep tryin'.

You forgot, Lisa may have a cold winter! I am not riding this weekend (we are heading to the coast), you might be able to close the gap yet.
    Amanda