Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CorsairMac is that you?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Did I see you sneaking a post under the woolweenies thread. How have you been woman and what's up? How's life, the weather, everything?

LOL - see we all miss you Corsair.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

SURLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!
    TEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

yes it's me and I'm back - more or less!

The past year or so has been a pretty rough spell for me: always tired and constant joint pain topped off with some major burn out from riding all the time. Most days it was all I could do to get from the bed to the couch and riding every day had become a chore instead of a joy.

I finally started seeing a Holistic Practitioner about a month ago and he's made some huge changes to my supplements which has made a major difference in my life. He also told me I tended to push myself way to hard and as a result I had worn down my immune system. I was instructed to stay off the bike for awhile - which I have promptly ignored but I'm riding much differently now.

Now I'm riding only when I feel like it - not because I feel like I Have to. I had to learn it was OK to drive, to not feel guilty if I wasn't bike commuting. I also had to learn to find balance again, get back into running and hiking like I used to do instead of Always focusing on the bike.

I also got a tiny MPG player which I only wear in one ear and only when I'm Not riding in traffic and that has helped to break the boredom of climbing that frigging mountain and riding alone all the time.

Needless to say - coming here every day while I was going through this was very difficult. You have all been in my mind and my heart and I hoped most of you would still be here when I got my balance back. But to see everyone so happy about riding when it was taking everything I had just to climb on the bike was too much.

and in case you missed me: it's 82, sunny with some wispy clouds and gorgeous!! and tomorrow....back into the upper 80s, lower 90s again!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

glad to hear things are looking up! let me know if you ever need to just go for a slowww bike ride down at the bosque, especially since the weathers taken a change. I also love hiking (actually it's always been my first outdoor love). was thinking about you, so glad to see you post.

SNOW!!!!!!!!! It's soooooooooooooo good to see so many familiar faces!! Thanks for the welcome back! I would love to go hiking with you - give me a hollar next time you're heading out to the trails.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Welcome back Cosair. Remember, it is about YOU, not just about the bike!!

Good to see you back corsair! You don't have to ride all the time to hang out here, I'm proof of that!

Well hey, it's sunny, cloudless and nearly windless here you know. Shame it's only 9C/48F.

Welcome back, you!
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

yo

Hey CM!!!

velcome baaaaaakkk...

C

She's baaaaaaaack Hey, welcome back
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairMac View Post
    SURLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!
    TEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

yes it's me and I'm back - more or less!

The past year or so has been a pretty rough spell for me: always tired and constant joint pain topped off with some major burn out from riding all the time. Most days it was all I could do to get from the bed to the couch and riding every day had become a chore instead of a joy.

I finally started seeing a Holistic Practitioner about a month ago and he's made some huge changes to my supplements which has made a major difference in my life. He also told me I tended to push myself way to hard and as a result I had worn down my immune system. I was instructed to stay off the bike for awhile - which I have promptly ignored but I'm riding much differently now.

Now I'm riding only when I feel like it - not because I feel like I Have to. I had to learn it was OK to drive, to not feel guilty if I wasn't bike commuting. I also had to learn to find balance again, get back into running and hiking like I used to do instead of Always focusing on the bike.

I also got a tiny MPG player which I only wear in one ear and only when I'm Not riding in traffic and that has helped to break the boredom of climbing that frigging mountain and riding alone all the time.

Needless to say - coming here every day while I was going through this was very difficult. You have all been in my mind and my heart and I hoped most of you would still be here when I got my balance back. But to see everyone so happy about riding when it was taking everything I had just to climb on the bike was too much.

and in case you missed me: it's 82, sunny with some wispy clouds and gorgeous!! and tomorrow....back into the upper 80s, lower 90s again!
    Oh Corsair I am so glad you are feeling better. I understand what you are saying about visiting TE when you are not feeling positive about riding but MATE we sure did miss you. So young lady dont do that again! (Trekhawk using her mummy voice).

PS now you are back I will be working hard to pass your posts.
    Last edited by Trekhawk; 09-07-2007 at 03:52 PM.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Well I was thrilled to see your post. I've been wondering what happened to you and even posted a similar thread awhile back but no one seemed to know where you'd gone. I'm glad you've worked things out and are feeling better. There is nothing wrong with riding just for the fun of it!

Oh and its 90 plus here today and suppose to be worse tomorrow. The Avg is usually 72. We are having a drought here in New England.

welcome back my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    Good to see you back corsair! You don't have to ride all the time to hang out here, I'm proof of that!
    Me too!

Welcome back, CM! We've missed you!

Happy celebrating butterflies surrounding Corsair and all her friends,
    ~T~
    The butterflies are within you.

My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/picsiechick/

Buy my photos: http://www.picsiechick.com

Corsair!!! Corsair!!!! Corsair!!!!!!

"If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

awwwww shucks ya'll - thanks

it's good to be home