Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

The dark side of the moon.

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've just come from sitting on my porch, watching the moon put on a show.
    Down under, we are experiencing a lunar eclipse.

I rode out to North head around dusk, where there are great views of Sydney harbour. A few hours were spent there watching the full moon slowly get darker, before it turned a sort of red. There was a small crowd up on the headland, making an evening of it with nibbles & wine.

Now I'm at home, watching the light return to the moon.

Have a happy evening everyone.

grrrr

Grrrrrrr...

I wanted to see this eclipse however it was too cloudy over here in perth tonight.

Did you take any pics???

c

No, I didn' manage any pix, as I only have a "film" camera (I'm a bit old-fashioned that way).
    For a while there, the moon did have a little bit of cloud over it, but luckily it didn't stay long.

Happy riding

Saw the entire thing here in the Pacific Northwest...I tried to take photos, but they did not turn out well. I was at work, fortunately had brought binoculars .

East Hill

Raleighdonson came to our bedroom at 2:30am this morning to inform us that the sky was clear.
    So I got to see it too.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Conditions were perfect here in central Indiana -- not a cloud in the sky! All four of us parked ourselves in the middle of the front yard at 4:45 a.m., just as the moon was entering the umbra. Watched 'til the middle of the eclipse at 6:30, at which point the sun was coming up so things were no longer visible. Aah, science lesson out of the way for this homeschool mom!!
    "If we know where we want to go, then even a stony road is bearable." ~~ Horst Koehler

We had a really good veiw here in Central TX also. It was still quite visible at 6:30 central standard time.
    Donna