Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pocatello, Idaho Tour de Vins Sept 29th

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi Everyone,
    Here is the web site of the fall Tour de Vins & Wine (and beer) tasting event sponsored by The Family Services Alliance of SEI:

http://www.fsalliance.org/ You can choose from a 16.5mile, 32 mile or 60 mile ride. The 60 mile takes you south to McCammon along South Portneuf and Marsh Creek Roads. Both of the longer routes return to Pocatello via Inkom along Rapid Creek, Hoot Owl, and Buckskin Roads. These roads include a gradual 10-mile climb to the top of Buckskin. Then, enjoy a glorious 6.5 mile downhill into Pocatello. Each ride is supported with sag wagons, food, water, rest stops for the 32 and 60 mile rides.

Then from 6:30-9:30 in the evening is the wine and beer tasting event with hors d'oeuvres and live music! It is a beautiful ride with amazing fall colors and for a great cause. Hope to see some TE ladies come join the ride.
    Anita "Shiraz"

Thank you Shiraz!

I was just wondering about this ride the other day!

Now to see if I can talk DH into it. I think I'm up for the metric. Wonder what he'd like to do???? Maybe we can talk his buddy into going along, and, hey, TATER -- what are you up to that weekend?

Karen in Boise

Unhappy Can't go

I am very disappointed that I can't be there

I will be in Sun Valley playing while DH is in a pharmacy convention. Do they do this ride the same weekend every year?

The Sun Valley thing is alway the last weekend in September. They have beautiful bike trails there. I don't know how the Castlerock fire has affected everthing, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz View Post
    Then from 6:30-9:30 in the evening is the wine and beer tasting event with hors d'oeuvres and live music!
    jobob pops her head up ...

Someone say beer and wine tasting?!?

I smell a ROAD TRIP !!!

Aw crud, it's Sept. 29th. Maybe next year ...

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Yeah!!!

Come join me....guess I'd better get out of my running shoes and get on the bike!! Let me know if you need help with housing or hotel. I have an extra bedroom and lots of floor space. I would love to have guest.
    Anita "Shiraz"

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    I'm there! DH is "busy" and told me to go on and have a good (drunken) time with Shiraz in Pocatello. I'm bringing my running shoes also!

Soooo looking forward to it!

we want pictures

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Excellent!!!! We will work out the details......we are going to have funnnnn.
    Anita "Shiraz"

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Thank you Shiraz!

I was just wondering about this ride the other day!

Now to see if I can talk DH into it. I think I'm up for the metric. Wonder what he'd like to do???? Maybe we can talk his buddy into going along, and, hey, TATER -- what are you up to that weekend?

Karen in Boise
    Uh-oh, looks like I might have to make a trip to eastern Idaho! I'll know fer sure in the next couple weeks. Sounds like a blast!
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

2010 Kelson custom/Brooks B17 Imperial
    2009 Masi/Terry Damselfly
    2004 Specialized Dulce Elite/Terry Damselfly
    2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara/unknown saddle
    1987 Bridgestone 100/Terry Liberator X

OK, I am officially signed up for the 100k. Paid my $20 to taste as well!

Bump.

So who is going (besides me, and Shiraz)? Kano? Tater?

It was a bummer to miss this -- and I was hoping to hear how it went????

So, the morning after we didn't go, we met DH's buddy for coffee -- the turn around point in his and our rides for the day -- we talkd about the ride, I was telling Mark about it, that there was this ride, with wine and beer afterward, and DH chirped up: what? beer and wine? why didn't we go?

Cuz he ignored the flyer and my suggestions, and then I had to work and give up pestering him to go.

So anyway, need to hear all about how GREAT it was, so he can wish he'd listen to me when I suggest these things.... AND we want to know about it for next year too -- maybe it will take more than one year to talk him into it, but I think I'll leave him home if he's a putz about it next year!

Oh, and Yellow, aren't there some fun things fairly early in the season next spring that I could use as motivation for the trainer this winter?

Karen in Boise

I heard Shiraz and Yellow wussed out because of a little snow.

I do want to hear more about the day. I'm sure those two found something fun to do, even though it was tough to have driven all the way and not be able to ride.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

My West Yellowstone to Old Faithful and back was CANCELED because of the snow last weekend. Completely canceled...I was really having an anxiety attack before hand as I was driving up, trying to confince myself I would ride at least half the ride on my mtn bike as it was getting pretty slushy, but I was relieved when they decided to cancel it all together because of the weather. More 'play time' with my sis....

Shiraz, Yellow, SBC - I am so sorry to hear about the snow for all of you guys. What a bummer. Both events canceled

SBC - Where were you en route to Yellowstone when you learned of the cancellation and how did you find out about it? What did you and your sis end up doing instead?

I was in Sun Valley and the weather there was miserable, too. I didn't get a chance to ride, either. I was disappointed, but being trapped in a posh hotel all day eating chocolate, watching movies, and napping when I was still recovering from a long ride the previous weekend and a virus of some sort wasn't that hard to swallow.

We generally don't get snow until around Halloween but it snowed last weekend as well. The leaves are still on the trees and so there were broken limbs everywhere. This weekend it looks like we will only be getting rain. The poor farmers who are trying to harvest the spuds are sure having a time of things.

Well, were off for a little Friday night bike ride date