Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Almost ready...

Almost ready...

To disable ads, please log-in.

So, the shop called last night...all parts are in except seat and pedals (no surprise, since I forgot to call them last week and tell them which seat I wanted ). My guy said I could pick it up tomorrow if I just wanted to use my old seat and pedals until the new ones come in...

I'll post pics when I have it!!!

Can't wait to see pics and to hear about your first ride!
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

Oh Boy!!!

Woo hoo!
    2007 Trek 5000
    2009 Jamis Coda
    1972 Schwinn Suburban

"I rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a bike. It gives her a feeling of self-reliance and independence the moment she takes her seat; and away she goes, the picture of untrammelled womanhood."
    Susan B. Anthony, 1896

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    I can't wait to see pics!! Oh boy!

drrrrrrum rrrrrolllll.....

how exciting

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

Well??????

I got it! It's so much fun, I haven't been at the computer at all this weekend.

I was so excited to hear it was close to being ready, I dropped by the shop Thursday night to take a peek. It was all built up except fenders, rack and bar tape. I got to take some test rides to adjust the bar and brake positions. I'm so glad I was able to do this before they taped the bars!

They finished everything up on Friday, and I picked it up on Saturday. Pedals and seat are still not in, so I'll go back for those. I've been riding it every spare moment since then (unfortunately, I didn't have too many of those this weekend).

DH took pics, but he hasn't sent them to me yet. As soon as I have them, I'll post a pic.

Thanks everyone for your help and support! I have learned so much about bikes in this process (and I still have tons to learn!).

I'm still adjusting to the feel of a road bike vs. my previous mountain/hybrid bike. The tires are very skinny (25cm) and the hand position is so different. I've been riding extra slow and carefully so I don't end up losing my balance at high speed. I'm at about 10 miles on the bike now, and I'm just starting to get comfortable. I can't wait until 5:00 so I can get back out there. I'm definitely taking the long way home tonight!

Yay! Looking forward to the pics...