Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianyla View Post
    ...When you need to drive the car one day for a specific errand, and realize that the tags expired last month!!
    That sounds so familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    - when it gives you ineffable, lasting pleasure to reflect, that even though you woke up to a sudden cold snap you really nailed what to wear on your commute in - no cold toes or fingers, but not too warm either...
    I just had to dig up my old post here 'cos I did it again today: woke up to sleet (yay ) and just above freezing. Spent twenty minutes layering on the wool and the softshell and the shoecovers and the neoprene gloves, ditched the thermal underwear, added clear goggles... but nailed it. Slightly damp, but not too hot, not cold, and not wet upon arrival an hour later in filthy weather. I love that!
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Kudos LPH! It does feel good to 'get it right'

Quote Originally Posted by Dianyla View Post
    ...When you need to drive the car one day for a specific errand, and realize that the tags expired last month!!
    Last month I discovered that my cars tags had been expired for a year! I drive it once a week or so. My renewal notice didn't follow me when I moved a while back. Guess the cops don't look at me much.
    Specialized Ruby
    Gunnar Sport
    Salsa Vaya Ti
    Novara Randonee x2
    Motobecane Fantom CXX (Surly Crosscheck)
    Jamis Dragon

On the car note...

....when your rotors rust up and you have to replace them all due to lack of use

...when you try to convince your boss to get rid of 1/2 of your desk so there's a safe place to park. I want to ride to work again...it's time.
    "Do or do not. There is no "try." Yoda