Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristi View Post
    I would love to know what the symbols on my bike mean. I'll try and get a better picture in the next day or so. If anyone knows what they mean, please fill me in.
    The first character means beautiful. The third and fourth characters mean woman (3rd means female, and the 4th means person, the two combine to signify woman).

I'll lookup the second character once I can see a clearer pic.

That's a sweet bike! Good for you!

Welcome to cycling and TE. And congratulations on your ride. You definitely have one pretty frame!

Love that green! Pretty, and high-vis, too. Enjoy!!!
    Bad JuJu: Team TE Bianchista
    "The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress." -Roth
    Read my blog: Works in Progress

Very awesome bamboo and dragonfly!
    To give you some "zen" moments?

Fun to read about your excitement
    Enjoy

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

Congrats and more pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Kristi View Post
    I'm just getting started into road biking. I'm totally convinced I'm going to love it.
    I got my new bike about a week or so ago. (see pictures).

I'm so exited about riding more and going on my first long ride. I can't wait to get out there and enjoy the ride.
    Hey, what a nice bike, I'm glad to see some new/old ideas for painting a bike. Can you provide a better pic of the red seal? that usually is the mark of the painter on a painting - or the mark of a subsequent collector of a particular painting.

Margaret

SWEET!!! Another Cannondaler!

I hope it rides as nicely as it looks. I have a Cannondale, too. A CAAD9. LOVE IT!!! It's black, white and silver, but I pinked it out with pink handlebar tape, seat and bottle holders. And I, of course, wear a pink jersey!!!

Beware that white handlebars will get dirty faster than a darker color, but from what I hear, it cleans up fairly easily too. Someone mentioned Soft Scrub. I think lots of things would probably work. I need to clean my pink handlebars, but haven't done it yet.

Regarding the clips ... you'll get used to them. I clip in and out with my right when I stop, which must be what you do since you're better on your right than left. Everyone is different. Just do what feels natural to you. Eventually you'll get to where you can slow down for a red light and not feel the need to immediately unclip because you know the light is about to change. When I could ride super slow, like barely moving, and not be afraid of falling over, or that I wouldn't be able to unclip in time if I had to hurry and do so ... it felt great! Like a real cyclist! Haven't fallen yet ... fingers crossed! (Okay, well except for on the tandem once a year ago, when I was new, and Dh was unclipped, didn't communicate what he was doing with me and lost balance of the bike. I couldn't get my foot out in time and, in slow motion, went down like a beached whale on the side of a major street! Not good for my ego! I just know all the people in the cars passing were laughing hysterically. I just know it!)

But, lets get back to the part about how I've yet to fall over on my new Cannondale that I got 3 months ago. Congrats on your new bike. She's a beauty.